Two Worlds - Map revealed

That looks quite large to say the least. Hope it has some interesting areas and ruins to find! When does this game come out? Is it for the PC and Xbox 360?

I have really started to look forward to this game. Looks like an interesting world, hopefully they avoid Oblivion handholding and the Gothic 3 bugs.

I´m testing Two Worlds now for about 3 weeks (10 days ago beta3 was released), i can confirm, that the beta is very stable - a bug desaster like G3 will not happen. Sure, we find minor bugs in quests, grafics, AI and other, but that´s the reason why there is a beta test.
Heavy A bugs are in beta3 nearly gone, no blue screens or exceptions. Some problems with killed quest NPC, but this problem is under work from the developers.

We have a Beta-question-thread, it´s in German, but you can also ask questions in English, i will try to answer all question like i did for the last weeks.

zyklop, how does the game compare to Gothic? From the video I saw it looked very similar as far as the camera and combat is concerned. Would you say this game might have a chance to be as good or better(blasphemy) than Gothic?

@JDR13

Absolutely "Yes" - i tested for the last 4 weeks Two Worlds beta2 and beta3 and even beta2 was much more stable than Gothic3 in release version - sad but true.
There are no more A bugs, but still some other bugs like clipping errors or problems with dying quest-npc, but this problem is under work.
From the athmosphaere i must say, that the landscape is very beautifull, the story and the quest system is shaped in three layers - main storyline, quests supporting the main plot dealing with power fractions in the world and classical side quests.

If the developers are able to fix the last few bugs and stock the dungeons with some more interesting rewards, than this rpg will be the most promising title in 2007.

I agree that this game looks really amazing :) And they seemed to have fixed the rake problem found in Oblivion. At gametrailers.com I found a German gameplay video showing a guy raking his yeard while another guy chopped wood.

I was also very content to learn from watching the German video that you can unlock horse combat if & when you put skill points into riding a horse :)
As for the comparision to Gothic... well.... I think I let figure that out on your own...

I'm so waiting this game! More I read more I'm drooling :p

hi, zyklop do you think that the release date will be respected ? ^^

Good to see you here zyklop!

Well, that depends. 9th of May is going to be the release date for Two Worlds in Europe except the UK. For those that can read German the below quote by Jörg Schindler confirms this:

Wir sind in der Spur. Dem Release am 9. Mai steht nix im Weg.

Two Worlds will only first be released in North America, the UK and Australia the 26th of June, and at that time there wouldn't be anything in the way of a release so it is likely that the 26th of June will be final.

The cause to the difference is that the areas have two different publishers.

Last edited:
@JDR13

Absolutely "Yes" - i tested for the last 4 weeks Two Worlds beta2 and beta3 and even beta2 was much more stable than Gothic3 in release version - sad but true.
There are no more A bugs, but still some other bugs like clipping errors or problems with dying quest-npc, but this problem is under work.
From the athmosphaere i must say, that the landscape is very beautifull, the story and the quest system is shaped in three layers - main storyline, quests supporting the main plot dealing with power fractions in the world and classical side quests.

If the developers are able to fix the last few bugs and stock the dungeons with some more interesting rewards, than this rpg will be the most promising title in 2007.

Sounds almost too good to be true. The collectors edition looks promising. Cant wait for more reviews.

I've pre-ordered the game today. Once it arrives, I'll get stuck into it, but that won't be until the end of June down here!!

Two Worlds has the chance to be the "Oblivion and Gothic - Killer":

german preview (KRAWALL):
http://www.krawall.de/web/Two_Worlds/preview/id,24483/s,,Kf7d596f3df75be7afa36bdb106e65c6c

english preview(IGN):
http://pc.ign.com/articles/783/783203p1.html

Previews are useless. Just last christmas when I thought I had allready decided to never trust them I got fooled by the preview of Mark of Chaos. Gladly I managed to return it for refund. For now I have only the word of one anynomous betatester.

It reminds me of Gothic 1. Coming out of nowhere, it was all of a sudden a small "revolution" in gaming. Might Two Worlds do the same? Sure looks like it could beat both G3 and the big O, but I'm not going to make up my mind before I try it; too much could go wrong, making the game boring (unbalanced combat, boring quests, etc).

I am so excited about this game. So i want to know the final date of released this. Does any one know here?

Regareds:
Hank Freid

er........this game was released last year!! Its sequel is now being made!!

Spambot advertising hotels of his master?

Back
Top Bottom