It's funny to see "upcoming" and 7 Days to Die in the same sentence. People have been playing it for over a decade now albeit in early access. I think @crpgnut has 1000+ hours in it.

What's it been 15 years now right? Might be time to finally play it. 🤷‍♂️

It has been about 4 years since I last tried it. It was a little bit too clunky for my taste. Anything changed?

It has been about 4 years since I last tried it. It was a little bit too clunky for my taste. Anything changed?
Its graphics have been improved (but still crap by today's standards), systems changed (some for the better, some definitely for the worse), and it's still clunky as fuck.
Still, I've played 200+ hours of it over a couple of accounts, and intend to revisit soon.

Last I played I reverted to an earlier version, post graphical improvement, but pre-water collection nerfing, as I find the new water mechanics onerous.
For some reason they decided that jars of water are now one use (they now magically shatter in your hands after you use them! :rolleyes:), so you can't collect water from a river with a jar and make it drinkable by boiling it. Now you have to make a "dew collector" contraption and collect it via that. But first you have to get the bits for a dew collector. And it might not collect enough. So, so much more of your time is spent farting around trying to sort out your water supply, rather than just using the river outside your shack. It's kinda dumb.