HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Larian will implement some more evil endings in Baldur's Gate 3:

Community Update #26 Evil Endings, New Beginnings

Hey gang,

It's been a whirlwind few months here at the Larian castle, attending some of the biggest awards ceremonies in our industry, and we are absolutely humbled by the recognition we've received from our players and our peers.

As you might have seen, last week we attended the BAFTA Games Awards 2024, donning our nicest pair of pants to accept awards recognising Baldur's Gate 3 for Narrative, Music, Performer in a Supporting Role (Andrew Wincott as Raphael), the publicly-voted Players' Choice award, and Best Game.

[...]

So, what's next for Baldur's Gate 3?

We still have a few tricks up our sleeve.

We're working on our next game update, Patch 7, which will add improved evil endings to the game for even darker conclusions to your most sinister playthroughs, and yes, that includes you non-Durge players.

Without giving too much away, here's a little teaser for what's to come: be warned, there may be spoilers!

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Pretty cool for the evil role players (not me though).

Weren't they planning to release a mod kit or something like that?

Edit: the first tools will be included with this patch. Cool!

(I'll just copy my comment from the other thread, since this was already posted elsewhere.)

So they're developing their IPs, not taking over anything like Star-Wars or other existing fantasy lore. And two projects, no less.

Nice that they continue working on BG3, too, including the weaker ending part.

Last edited:
I never really enjoy evil playthroughs, but there's a "Dark Urge" playthrough in my to-do list. Good news for BG3 enjoyers in any case.

Good to have confirmation from Larian that D:OS3 is still being worked on. I imagine D:OS3 in 3-4 years from now and their new super secret biggest ever game in 7+ years.

What does "Dark Urge" mean in this context ?

Dark Urge origin is what the game should be played as it fits better with the prequels.

Just a word of warning it can get very dark if your not not the type to play evil MCs.

Last edited:
Dark Urge origin is what he game should be played as it fits better with the prequels.

Just a word of warning it can get very dark if your not not the type to play evil MCs.
Yup, my first (paused) playthrough is with dark urge and it has been too evil to my liking. I hope I can influence the outcome to be less bad in the end.

Yup, my first (paused) playthrough is with dark urge and it has been too evil to my liking. I hope I can influence the outcome to be less bad in the end.
You can reject your evil origins. The game and ending are very different as well.

Dark Urge was the best play through and yes you can reject it, and do things to limit what the Urge does. Really there is only one really bad thing you have to do, outside of that you can fight it (with the help of friends sometimes needed).

Now we got rumors claiming one of their next games will be an Arcanum sequel.Sure we all know that isn't happening, but man I'd pay anything to see that happen.