Cyberpunk 2077
Leap attacks where have you been all my life. Somehow I missed this ability for my melee build, but it's pretty impressive.
The ability to simply jump to an enemy, from a decent distance. Doing this while in slow-motion, and also while hanging in midair is a pretty solid skill.
Also, no cooldown or anything. While in slow-motion (which for me lasts around 8 seconds) I managed to take out 3 enemies just by leaping to them and employing a finisher.
The only thing I have to avoid is doing this to a shotgun wielding goon. One managed to take me out in one hit.

Man what a crock of shit the attribute requirements apparently are. Apparently they also scale with my level?
I wanted to open some backdoor inside the Impala factory, that I remembered I couldn't get into in my first playthrough.
Well, in this one I noticed I had 4/5 of the Body requirement. So on my next level-up I invested another point into it, just to see what it was that I missed the first time, and walked my ass all the way back up there.
And now it says 5/6 Body required. Fuck this.

I swear, the save system in CP2077 is probably the most annoying thing ever about the game.
Every once in a while, it just won't allow you to save. It gives no feedback as to why. Is it still saving state? Do I need to wait a while? I'm not in combat, but it won't let me.
And then I make the mistake of proceeding forward, die, and then get reloaded, as happened just now, to right before I did a braindance analysis.
Right. It couldn't even at least save after I did the BD. I have to do it all over again. So infuriating.

I swear, the save system in CP2077 is probably the most annoying thing ever about the game.
Every once in a while, it just won't allow you to save. It gives no feedback as to why. Is it still saving state? Do I need to wait a while? I'm not in combat, but it won't let me.
And then I make the mistake of proceeding forward, die, and then get reloaded, as happened just now, to right before I did a braindance analysis.
Right. It couldn't even at least save after I did the BD. I have to do it all over again. So infuriating.
Hm, the only times I get that is during cinematics. Sometimes, I found that annoying because I wanted to save before the cinematics to replay and see alternative choices (like before you have to choose the main ending). You get an autosave, but it's overwritten after a while and you can't duplicate it from the game. But otherwise, I can't say I had those problems. Except I think once when the game got stuck in a bugged state and I had to relaunch everything.

Hm, the only times I get that is during cinematics. Sometimes, I found that annoying because I wanted to save before the cinematics to replay and see alternative choices (like before you have to choose the main ending). You get an autosave, but it's overwritten after a while and you can't duplicate it from the game. But otherwise, I can't say I had those problems. Except I think once when the game got stuck in a bugged state and I had to relaunch everything.
I've had multiple times where I was ultimately allowed to save, but it did take minutes (at least it felt like it was minutes) of attempting it via F5.
I only had it once that it somehow got stuck in that unsaveable state, and I lost 30-60 mins probably.
But the worst is when it happens after a longer scripted section that you have to redo.
And probably even worst is when you're in that limbo, of not knowing whether it will eventually unlock or you're again stuck and it won't recover.

Ok, another annoying thing with CP2077 that just bit me in the ass.
Every now and then the game has a habit of switching your current quest to one that you've not touched or wanted to go after for a long time.

I was doing a chain of quests for Takemura; had just wrapped one and then the next one started, where I was supposed to meet him at some place.
But the game decided to switch to another one as my current quest, and I didn't notice it. And due to the fact that I had gotten into the habit of wanting to just parkour my own way on foot to every quest location, by just looking at the general direction of the quest marker, I never noticed where I was going. Plus, since I took the weird route where you don't see the general landmarks I was just putting my faith into that marker. And the found myself in the other part of town. And I also made the mistake of swimming a good part of the route, even though I keep telling myself to no longer get into water. :(

I've managed to climb to the top of the Japantown area, where you later on ambush the Arasaka float with Takemura, via the elevators. Even though the quest didn't yet ask for it.
And then I managed to find my way down from up there, by a huge amount of trial&error (read, die and reload) jumps, until I managed to get to an acceptable height that I could get back down among people.
But it was a lot of fun to find a way. Especially since I reached a point where only part of the building models even had collision detection, to stop me from falling through the geometry. But I found a way.

Here's a screen I grabbed from the middle of way down.
At this point I was sure I couldn't find any other ledge to climb down, until I saw a small ledge that I managed to jump to and land on (even though the area was so small, I managed I think due to investing in the air maneuverability skill)
Afterwards I circled round the current megabuilding and found a safe way down.

Btw, I'm trying to find out if a particular weather effect I've very rarely experienced, is an actual weather effect or if it's graphically gliched or something.
In the first playthrough I had I only had this reddish fog, that you can't see shit through, happen only once or twice in the whole playthrough. And I remember that it took a long time to go away. Just waiting around via the game's wait mechanic didn't see to make it go away. And now I have it again, and it's again hanging on for what feels like a very long time. It's really annoying since it makes the whole city look awful. It's almost like the reddish Blader Runner 2049 effect you saw in Las Vegas. But somehow worse.

Anyone experience it? Or as ugly as it is for me?

Here's another. What's weird is, in this last one, moving in certain parts of the building made the lighting and reddish fog go away, and I was also able to capture the above shot, that clearly doesn't have that reddish fog. So I don't know what gives.

I think I'm seriously burned out, either just on CP2077 or gaming in general. I couldn't even get through my second playthrough at a reasonable pace, and I just sprinted up until I got the last achievement, that I was also planning on getting.

1714665266082.png

I think I'm gonna take a bigger break (ideally until the Elden Ring expansion releases: june 20th).
Though, Ghost of Tsushima (may 16) and Hellblade 2 (may 21) could tempt me back. Plus I keep saying to myself I want to try season 4 of Diablo.

Taking a break from gaming can be a good idea, yes ;) You'd get surprised what adventures await you out there in real life and gaming after the break feels all the better. My favorite activity right now is to scale up mountains and ski them down. A bit like your posts here, but there is no reload, so no space for trial and error :p I should still finish my second play-through of CP2077 and the expansion, but I feel burned out by the game as well (although it's a great one). Perhaps something for the dark time this autumn...

I think I'm seriously burned out, either just on CP2077 or gaming in general. I couldn't even get through my second playthrough at a reasonable pace, and I just sprinted up until I got the last achievement, that I was also planning on getting.
I'm surprised you started playing CP2077 again so soon. I never replay a game I recently finished. It's usually a minimum of around 2 years before I'll replay something unless it's really short.

I'm surprised you started playing CP2077 again so soon. I never replay a game I recently finished. It's usually a minimum of around 2 years before I'll replay something unless it's really short.
Honestly it was indeed too soon. While I was climbing and exploring the city it was all fun and relaxed.

When I was doing the story content though, even though I made the decision to make different choices than the first playthrough, it was honestly generally pretty inconsequential. So it was a lot of the same content I had just seen.

So the major difference was only in terms of using a pure melee build vs a stealth/throwing-dagger build in the first playthrough. And while that was fun for a while, it lost its luster pretty fast. Also, melee tends to be very chaotic and you tend to have to exploit the bullet reflect ability a lot, especially on Very Hard. You just cannot expose yourself, without having slow time activated. They just whittle you down in seconds.

If/When I'll ever play it again (most probably close to when the sequel is close to release) I'll definitely just use a regular shooting build. Probably a smart-gun one. I liked the idea of having homing bullets.
Otherwise, exploring the city with maxed out movement skills, and staring in wonderment at the immensity of what they built, was a lot of fun on its own.