The changes look good, but they really shouldn't have needed four seasons to be enacted. I should try this out again, but honestly my faith in their current team of developers is at rock bottom after that initial 1.0 launch and all the PR bullshit they continually spewed via damage control promo pieces.

The timing on this season launch is pretty well calculated, however (and I assume prior seasons have been as well). Path of Exile's latest league is just over a month in and ARPG fans are likely looking for fresh meat.

The entire game is a joke and doesn't take itself very seriously, so I can see the nerdy devs having a bit of fun with the name. The last night after a lengthy dungeon, we battled a Tomb Lord. "Brutal, I like it" as the barbarian says 😆

I'm also lukewarm to the itemization changes. Season 4 is probably the one I will attempt to return to.
The changes didn't go as far as I'd like, but we'll see.

It's definitely kind of sad that such a huge developer with such amounts of money they can swing and they're embarrassed by the GGG with their much more ambitious Path of Exile 2.
I feel like this is a patch aimed at D4 end-game players where the implications of the changes will be far less noticed by casuals who never got a character to level 100 or by people without the game.

It's massive, though. I can see it. Oh, the power! Such power!! Without a doubt, my season 4 char will be more overpowered than any of my previous chars and they weren't half bad being all decked out with 925 uniques and stuff.

POE2, we'll see. I like the idea of having a twin-stick style WASD movement, which Diablo4 already has if you play on controller, but the odds of actually making the build you want in POE was about impossible without getting into the trade side of things. SSF (Solo Self-Found) raised your "magic find" but didn't give you any concrete options to get what you want. This D4 patch is a whole different ball-game where you WILL get what you want. It even has a drop that lets you pick an uber unique, limited to three and only dropping off extremely hard end-game bosses. But, still, 100% chance to get the ultimate item! Three times!

I'm hyped, anyway. Plus, I have enough spare store coins to get the season pass for "free" so fancy new cosmetics will be fun. :)

The changes look good, but they really shouldn't have needed four seasons to be enacted. I should try this out again, but honestly my faith in their current team of developers is at rock bottom after that initial 1.0 launch and all the PR bullshit they continually spewed via damage control promo pieces.

The timing on this season launch is pretty well calculated, however (and I assume prior seasons have been as well). Path of Exile's latest league is just over a month in and ARPG fans are likely looking for fresh meat.

Who even cares about Path of Exile.

The interesting thing is that Path of Exile is also being pretty bad these days with lackluster seasons that people can't bother with. Last Epoch seems to be the unlikely winner for the time being.

In any case, I will not be investing my time on Diablo IV for this season, since Diablo IV is, by design, a game that doesn't respect the player's time. They will need to make deep-rooted changes on the core mindset of the game's design.

I am clearly outside the core target group for these types of games, but still playing D4 with my partner. We are having a good time and often laughing at the goofy of plot, names and characters in the game. It seems that the devs had a lot of fun while making the game and it is hard to take the game seriously. The story is among the most idiotic I have seen in any game (played D1 and D2, but couldn't read English that time), but it's funny in a parody way. Who would have thought that Blizzard goes South Park style :D

I am fascinated how they have managed to make this game appeal to a wide range of personalities. As I am not interested in new things (I hate shopping), getting new gear does not excite me, but I am obsessed in training and developing the character does appeal to me. Although, right now it seems that the feeling of progression slows down around level 40 due to the skill tree, which is not very exciting for the barbarian, at least. My partner, on the other hand, likes to pick the gear based on looks and we are having fun laughing at the stupid looks of the characters.

Those moments the game is staying serious, I like the atmosphere a lot. I just wish there were less and more deadly enemies and the combat would be slower to be able to enjoy the atmosphere. As it is now, it does not seem to matter where you are and what you do. Just keep on pressing the buttons as fast as you can and everything dies before you notice what those enemies were.