Did they roll it back? The version of the backup installers I downloaded from GoG last October is 1.10.163.0 which is the exact same version I am seeing in my GoG account now.

I do not see a patch or update file.

Did they roll it back? The version of the backup installers I downloaded from GoG last October is 1.10.163.0 which is the exact same version I am seeing in my GoG account now.

I do not see a patch or update file.
The update was delayed for the GOG version, so that's still the same version as before.

Perhaps the most interesting piece of news, however, was Howard admitting that the studio still regularly has conversations about allowing other studios to contribute to their franchises:

“We’ve always had those conversations [about external development]. We did a lot of things for the show. It might seem like, “hey, there isn’t a big new game out,” but we added content into 76 for the show. 76 has a really great map expansion that’s coming this summer with Skyline Valley.

We look at what we’re doing with the franchise and then we say ‘Do we still feel good about-‘ I can’t reveal it now, but, ‘here’s our runway for Fallout as a franchise. We’ve got a season two happening. What are we doing on mobile? What are we doing in 76? What are we doing with… this thing? What are we doing with… this other thing? When are these landing?’ And again, if I could snap my fingers and have them all be out and ready, I would, but the main thing is like, ‘alright, how do we deliver these at a high-quality level?’ That’s always most important.”
Well seems the insider info is looking more true then ever. :unsure:

Maybe they can just release a next-gen patch for FO76 and call it a day?
Sounds more like another mobile game, one remaster, and two unnamed projects. :unsure:

It's in the new interview video I submitted for news.

I wish they had never released FO76 because it's undoubtably slowing the development of other titles. I wonder how much closer we might be to another single-player game if those resources weren't going there.

I wish they had never released FO76 because it's undoubtably slowing the development of other titles. I wonder how much closer we might be to another single-player game if those resources weren't going there.
Hah!!!

I like the game, really like it.

Many call it an MMO. It's not. It is a multiplayer game, but not massively multiplayer. Up to 30 players and a huge map => I rarely see other players. I think in most cases the multiplayer aspect is coop multiplayer between friends. It's well suited for single play, only very occasionally is more than one participant necessary. And FWIW, the quests are IMO quite good, far from the typical fedex and kill N baddies which dominate the massive ones.

Two features are typical MMO
1. After killing Foozle, he's back next time you log on.
2. You can't save at will

Another aspect is that it's a survival game, which means that you have to eat and drink, and your equipment wears down. Not my favourite part of the game.

You build your camp, and can if you want spend a lot of time and resources on that. I don't. I create the necessary workbenches and that's it.

No settlements for NPC's like in FO4.

There is the Atom shop, mainly offering cosmetics and nice things for house building. There are also couple of Quality of Life things, which no doubt some will call pay to win (I don't).
  1. Kits for repairing items without having to find a workbench. Workbenches are OTOH very common.
  2. Scrap kits, allowing you to scrap junk and send it wirelessly to your camp. Saves weight. OTOH, "copies" of your stash box are everywhere, so you don't need it.
  3. Chewing gum eliminating hunger and thirst for a while. OTOH (again), food is readily available (no need for endless grinding).
It's not particularly buggy now.

All in all, I think that many people have the wrong impression of what it is. That's my personal view, and as always I acknowledge that many of my opinions are wrong (unfortunately I still don't know which of them are). And I fully understand people not liking it.

One good thing: New content is continuously added.

pibbuR 69

Last edited:
I thought Pippur meant the menu option didn't exist. I wasn't aware it was broken because I've never had a reason to turn god rays off.

There's a mod on Nexus that disables them, but Idk if it currently works.
Pippur?:)

I did mean the menu option. Once again, I didn't pay attention. I was sure that I had turned it off (if it was there), so I only examined the one item that was unchecked, and that was something else.

I guess I did turn it off, but as the sitting potato mentioned, it was not saved.

About the grass "feature", I've only seen it in Far Harbor, but maybe I haven't traveled through dense grasslands/swamps on the mainland. I do use the same mods as before the "patch", none of them requiring the script extender. All seems to work fine (no serious problems), although the grass thingy may of course be mod related. Haven't measured frame rate.

pibbuR who ...

Hah!!!

I like the game, really like it.

... SNIP ...

One especially good thing: New content is continuoulsy added.

pibbuR 69

You always make me want to try the game again but since I still enjoy FO4 I haven't had the need to switch over, even though I do own the game (FO76).

Also I guess you are a little Pippur now :)

Sorry, I guess my keyboard randomly decided to change your name. :)

About the grass "feature", I've only seen it in Far Harbor, but maybe I haven't traveled through dense grasslands/swamps on the mainland. I do use the same mods as before the "patch", none of them requiring the script extender. All seems to work fine (no serious problems), although the grass thingy may of course be mod related. Haven't measured frame rate.
The reason I asked about framerate is because some things can act strangely if the game is running above 60fps. I'm not sure if foliage is affected though, and chances are if that was the issue you'd have probably noticed other things acting weird as well.

The foliage does seem more animated in Far Harbor compared to the mainland though. Does yours look like this?

Sorry, I guess my keyboard randomly decided to change your name. :)
Blame the AI! :)
The reason I asked about framerate is because some things can act strangely if the game is running above 60fps. I'm not sure if foliage is affected though, and chances are if that was the issue you'd have probably noticed other things acting weird as well.

The foliage does seem more animated in Far Harbor compared to the mainland though. Does yours look like this?
Yes.

pibbuR who due to his love for (recent) fallouts perhaps (as hinted by the dark one) should call himself "pip bur"

Last edited: