Seriously though I've never seen a game that developers want to break for over four years. I'm not kidding it was patched and finished before all that paid creation club DLC.

Along with that paid DLC came patches that broke a lot of mods. It's insane. I'm starting to wonder if Todd has lost his mind, and secretly seethes in hatred of the mod creators.

Seriously though I've never seen a game that developers want to break for over four years. I'm not kidding it was patched and finished before all that paid creation club DLC.

Along with that paid DLC came patches that broke a lot of mods.

I applaud companies for continuing to improve on games so long after launch. Always nice to see. Having said that, why any kind of update should break save games, etc. is questionable. There are usually ways to code around problems like that, unless they just didn't want to put the time in to do so.

The company didn't do anything they sold other peoples mods, and released a tiny patch with everyone of them. Bethesda only did the next gen patch which isn't for the PC.

Read that PC gamer link.
  • Issues loading modded saves and using non-Creation Club mods at all, including the essential Fallout 4 Script Extender.
  • The "next gen" patch does not introduce any graphical improvements.
  • The new ultrawide support has a poorly stretched user interface that will require a user made patch⁠—basically the same solution ultrawide gamers were using before the update.
  • Fallout 4's iteration of the Creation engine still doesn't support frame rates over 60fps.
  • The "Weapon Debris" graphics setting still causes the game to crash on RTX cards, an issue that has been present since RTX cards were introduced.

As for the next-gen patch, I can confirm it's a complete joke. It didn't fix any of the issues I have with FO4 on my system. The only thing it does is add some DLC quests which are lazily shoehorned in, (they're all dumped on you simultaneously as soon as you load a game after installing the update).

People are going nuts on the Steam forum, and rightfully so.

The fact that it doesn't even fix the high FPS-physics issue is mind-boggling. This is something that a modder fixed years ago, and Bethesda couldn't be bothered to add it despite this being a major issue for a lot of players.

Fucking unbelievable.

As for the next-gen patch, I can confirm it's a complete joke. It didn't fix any of the issues I have with FO4 on my system. The only thing it does is add some DLC quests which are lazily shoehorned in, (they're all dumped on you simultaneously as soon as you load a game after installing the update).

People are going nuts on the Steam forum, and rightfully so.

The fact that it doesn't even fix the high FPS-physics issue is mind-boggling. This is something that a modder fixed years ago, and Bethesda couldn't be bothered to add it despite this being a major issue for a lot of players.

Fucking unbelievable.
Bethesda has been turning into a faceless corporate entity for some time now sadly. I wish that this was an exception but it seems more and more to be the norm.

Good to know, but that's really sad; they've been allegedly working for a while on that patch. :(

People were already pissed at the announcement in the Steam forums, I can only imagine the comments in there right now, in big red and green fonts.

Gotta say, for a mod this project looks absolutely amazing. :)

I just wonder if they can pack the content into the area. The map is huuuuuge!

Well I can confirm sim settlements 2, workshop, and framework mods are borked.

So all mods that use F4SE will not work, but the team is working on an update.

What irks me most is that we say "Mods have to be updated" when in fact many mods will not and thus are lost.
And yes, they did this to sucker in some new TV show fans.