Maybe the TV show will boost the demand and they'll do a remaster of FO3 or a special edition. The 20-year anniversary date is still 4 years away, though, but it's still earlier than what we can hope for FO5 ('hope' may be a strong word, here).
Well, FO4 is suddenly back in Steam's top 20. I don't think that's coincidence. Watching the show made me want to play it again, but I have to wait for the upcoming patch to see if it fixes my issues with the game.

I wouldn't mind replaying FO3 someday too, but I highly doubt Bethesda does anything with that one which means digging up a lot of old mods for me.

Maybe the TV show will boost the demand and they'll do a remaster of FO3 or a special edition. The 20-year anniversary date is still 4 years away, though, but it's still earlier than what we can hope for FO5 ('hope' may be a strong word, here).
Assuming Microsoft doesn't give the Fallout IP to someone else, then Fallout 5 is likely a 2034 release, minimum? Figuring 5 years dev time for ES6 and 5 years for FO5. (Fallout 4 took 4 years and Starfield took 7-8.) And that's assuming they don't do another FO76/Starfield type of detour along the way...

Though I don't really see Microsoft allowing them to just sit on a valuable property that long.

hell yes!
to bad fallout the serie on amazon is kind of bad. atmosphere is great and the power armor is awesome but acting and action scenes are SF channel quality.

I just managed to get Fallout Tactics to run properly, and at 1280x720 it looks very good. If Fallout 1 and 2 looked as good I'd have no need for a remake, personally.
Technically this is the first Fallout game I ever played. I had no idea about Fallout 1/2 at that point. Didn't get very far into it, but it was nostalgic watching the intro. And hearing the drill-sergeant that narrates the mission briefings.
ooooh.... great idea! gonna replay tactics! Had a great time, years back. hope it aged well

Well, FO4 is suddenly back in Steam's top 20. I don't think that's coincidence. Watching the show made me want to play it again, but I have to wait for the upcoming patch to see if it fixes my issues with the game.
Wow, yes, that's impressive for a single-player game that was released 8 years ago. I see it's even in the top 5 selling games (#4 globally, but here it's #1). It's closely followed by FO76 in #6, and other editions/bundles.

It even beats BG3 on both grounds, which will be mind-boggling to some people I know.

I bought FO4 recently but haven't installed it yet. From what you said, there's no point in trying it until the patch is released so I'll just wait.

Assuming Microsoft doesn't give the Fallout IP to someone else, then Fallout 5 is likely a 2034 release, minimum? Figuring 5 years dev time for ES6 and 5 years for FO5. (Fallout 4 took 4 years and Starfield took 7-8.) And that's assuming they don't do another FO76/Starfield type of detour along the way...

Though I don't really see Microsoft allowing them to just sit on a valuable property that long.
Zenimax Media is still the current owner, according to the US trademark database, but I wonder what kind of pressure Microsoft would put on their subsidiaries regarding IPs. Wouldn't it be considered rather arm-twisting to force Zenimax selling or even licencing it?

They're also using it for this new TV series, which is a good idea if it's successful: not a lot of work for them, royalty fees, and apparently good advertising. They'll surely be interested to continue.

I bought FO4 recently but haven't installed it yet. From what you said, there's no point in trying it until the patch is released so I'll just wait.
It's a very finicky game, but it's possible that it works fine for you. It seems to have more issues on AMD systems. Still, the patch is only a week away, so no harm in waiting.

FO4 gets a bad rap among a lot of old-school crpg and Fallout fans, but I enjoyed it for the exploration. Just don't expect much from the writing or dialogue, especially the latter.

Which games in the series have you played?

I'd be all onboard for a retake of Fallout three, do it now and take my cash. Make it more turn-based and less of a shooter, though.

It's a very finicky game, but it's possible that it works fine for you. It seems to have more issues on AMD systems. Still, the patch is only a week away, so no harm in waiting.

FO4 gets a bad rap among a lot of old-school crpg and Fallout fans, but I enjoyed it for the exploration. Just don't expect much from the writing or dialogue, especially the latter.

Which games in the series have you played?
I've played FO3 and FO: New Vegas (I know FO: NV is from Obsidian). I enjoyed them, but as you said, mostly for the exploration and without expecting too much.

It's possible to spend an insane amount of time in FO3, and some parts are very funny so it makes you want to search for more. It's a good trap.

I'd be all onboard for a retake of Fallout three, do it now and take my cash. Make it more turn-based and less of a shooter, though.
That's another pipe dream as Bethesda will never make a TB Fallout.

Also don't see the need to do so but there probably is a market for one.