Oof. The graphics are gorgeous with all those effects, but using the Unity Engine with full illumination and all those custom features they've added on top of it makes me thing it will only run on high-end systems (and likely misbehave on some cards as usual), and possibly with average performances.

The camera is nice, but honestly, I'd rather have the fixed camera we're used to in top-down views. The idea of disconnecting the camera from the character always makes it confusing for me, and this is amplified by that silly habit of making the camera shake or move during combat. It also hides an important part of the scene during combat, which is very bad (we saw that in earlier footage). In any case, I still think it's a mistake not to have a 3rd-person view, or at least orient the angle of the camera with the character (which would allow us to play with K+M, by the way).

That being said, it's all very impressive to see.

Last edited:
That was actually a rather enlightening watch. I had been lured by the game's art style before, but the level of added technical intricacy shown here is just impressive!

Now if this was just used with the sort of gameplay I'd actually care for, this would be perfect. As it is, I might even get this even though I suck at anything requiring real-time reflexes, just for the look and feel.

This looks so cool - love the style and fusion of genres...but if it plays badly with M+K then it's a no-no. I'm not super keen on souls-likes, but if the story and other mechanics are interesting enough, I'd be game. So I'll keep an eye on it and see how it evolves....

No problem here with the graphics yet aye, I'm concerned about the keyboard/mice functionality.
Why not try a controller? I've been playing PC games since the early 90s and so was a big K+M guy but as consoles became more popular (and I started to own those too), and some games were designed to work better with a controller, I bought one for my PC many, many years ago and took the time to get used to it (it does take some time). But now I like the fact that I can use K+M or a controller based on what works best for the game.

I'm not certain if people who post about only using K+M do it based on principle, or they don't like controllers? Anyway, I guess I'm sort of surprised most gamers don't use both these days.

I mean, I've seen people have some dumb principles, but not using a controller because of principles would be up there to take the cake together with some of the recent ones I saw around Dragon Dogma 2.

I personally only use a controller if the game is a console exclusive. When I play on the computer I multitask a lot and it's just too much overhead to put one peripheral aside to use another, it requires more space, and to me, also a different distance from the monitor I'm not comfortable with (I need to back off a little so that when I hold my hands with the controller the desk doesn't get in the way).

All things combined are mostly the reason for I'll use K+M in every PC game, even when it's suboptimal, just because it's more comfortable and convenient to me.

I mean, I've seen people have some dumb principles, but not using a controller because of principles would be up there to take the cake together with some of the recent ones I saw around Dragon Dogma 2.

I personally only use a controller if the game is a console exclusive. When I play on the computer I multitask a lot and it's just too much overhead to put one peripheral aside to use another, it requires more space, and to me, also a different distance from the monitor I'm not comfortable with (I need to back off a little so that when I hold my hands with the controller the desk doesn't get in the way).

All things combined are mostly the reason for I'll use K+M in every PC game, even when it's suboptimal, just because it's more comfortable and convenient to me.
Well that is one view; here is another - if you don't own a controller and you dont' give a crap about consoles (I'm one of those); simply don't buy games that require a controller.

So i guess if this game is designed with a controller in mind then it will be one game i will be skipping. Seems simple enough.

Why not try a controller? I've been playing PC games since the early 90s and so was a big K+M guy but as consoles became more popular (and I started to own those too), and some games were designed to work better with a controller, I bought one for my PC many, many years ago and took the time to get used to it (it does take some time). But now I like the fact that I can use K+M or a controller based on what works best for the game.

I'm not certain if people who post about only using K+M do it based on principle, or they don't like controllers? Anyway, I guess I'm sort of surprised most gamers don't use both these days.
I've tried, but I don't like it much. I prefer the mouse because there's a direct translation of the position (which is how people's brain work), while you have to maintain the control for the correct amount of time on the controller.

Also, this may due to build quality, but controllers tend to make a lot of noise because of their squeaky pieces and rattling buttons, and I don't really want to buy expensive models to see if it's better.

Besides, it's not a question of the game being designed for controllers. The system Warhorse Studios made was very good, in theory, for controllers and mouse. It only needs some visual reference on the screen so the player knows where his mouse pointer is, relative to the centre. I think they also failed to filter the mouse input properly, so the result is quite random. It should be a really easy fix... if they only tried.

I used to be K&M or bust ,but 600 hours with bloodbourne got me quite proficient with a controller. I still much prefer M&K because as weird as it may sound I feel more connected to the game with a M&K than I do with a controller.

I pretty much play all 3rd person action games with controller and just about everything else with M&K.

I remember spending several hours with my K&M software and some mods to get DS1 to play nice with M&K. I know games are better now but I’m also more lazy and just grab my controller and start playing.

Yeah, I get all the reasons here... it definitely comes down to personal preference. A bit like Sakichop, it took me quite a while to get used to a controller and be able to enjoy a game with one, but I'm glad I did because it's meant I've played games that I might have skipped, or struggled to enjoy as much with K+M but each to his own of course!

I still much prefer M&K because as weird as it may sound I feel more connected to the game with a M&K than I do with a controller.
I get what you're saying. I do feel like K+M is more immersive for some reason with a lot of games. Like you, I usually only use a gamepad for 3rd-person games. The exceptions would be side-scrollers and racing games, but I rarely play those.

I definitely can't use a gamepad for first-person. That feels completely strange and disconnected to me, and is a reason I never play first-person games on a console.

I might still try if K+M doesn't work well. I used to play with both K+M and a controller in games where you have to drive a car, like GTA V, Mafia 2, L.A. Noire, Watch Dogs, etc. The most difficult part would be to aim at something with a controller, so that excludes all shooters and anything with ranged combat (which is why I switched in those games).

I tried a controller for a short while years ago - I just can't get used to them. I died a lot, and staggered about like a drunk. It is not a 'matter of principle' - My brain/reactions are wired for M+K. Sure, I could *probably* force myself to try and 'git gud' - but I play games for fun and relaxation, and having to work to ovecome an interface that doesn't work for me - esp if they could just invest some more time and make one - is not my idea of fun. It felt horribly awkward and having both hands engaged feels very unnatural to me. A mouse rests on a surace and you just slide and click buttons. Also, you lose an entire keyboard of mapable functions...seems a bad trade-off.

Honestly, I like controllers a lot for playing games. It's just that I'm quite an active person and every small pause, load screen or sometimes just randomly I like to check my browser, Discord, my work mail or a thousand other things. When I play PC games I'm comfortable with the controller, but ten minutes in I start missing too much the ability to seamlessly switch between the game and other apps. It's also why I have two screens and play most games in borderless window mode.

In my case it's not that playing with controller is bad, it's just a controller is not equipped with the means to do anything else besides playing the game.

Oh I could never function in a game like that. I always play full screen and if I am playing a game I don't do other things. If I need a break its a dedicated break where I will pause the game, alt out - the stretch, get a drink, play with the dog, read some things online, then back to the game. I like to totally focus on a game when I play otherwise I lose some of that immersion. Personal preference though.

Now if its a game like Skyrim or FO4 where I have thousands of hours played, that's a bit different. But a new game will have all my focus and if it can't hold my focus strong enough to keep me from getting bored, and alt tabbing out, its not worth playing for me. There are always exceptions, of course - like if I get stuck on something in a game and need to look up a solution to something - but in general terms I try to not be bouncing around a lot.

Like Booboo the controller is more like I simply don't want to invest the energy in learning to use it properly. I don't play nearly enough games that require using one. I would need either the best-game-ever or some medical/physical reason to use one, or some other "forced" reason.

I do own one. I got one for DD2 but ended up doing well with the K/M so the controller is still unopened in my closet :p