HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
DSOGaming reports that the mod-expansion The Tempest Isle is now available:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim just got a new DLC-sized expansion mod with a fully scripted/voiced storyline

Modder 'Cryptdick' has just released a new DLC-sized expansion mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, called The Tempest Isle. This mod packs a fully scripted/voiced main storyline arc with multiple quests and interesting characters.

According to the modder, the mod was built to feel like a true Skyrim expansion. It's also said to be highly immersive and lore-accurate. Moreover, it has hand-sculpted worldspace and various dungeons to explore and loot. Players can also expect to find new items, spells, enemy variants, environment objects, and more. So, this is pretty much a full free DLC. It will most likely be rough around the edges, but it's cool nonetheless. At least in my opinion.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Somebody should go crazy and add head tilting animations to the conversations so they don't just look like robots while speaking.

Somebody should go crazy and add head tilting animations to the conversations so they don't just look like robots while speaking.
but if you did that with anything less than great care, it would look worse, like their titmouses bobbing for worms

I'm almost certainly done with Skyrim at this point, but I'll probably check out some videos of this being played and if it looks tight, think about reinstalling Skyrim.

Pretty amazing the mod community is still pouring this much into this game. Are Skyrim mods so popular because the game was built to make mods simple to create? I'm ignorant when it comes the world of mods. Can someone please go mod BG3 now and give me a DLC sized expansion :)

It's likely because folks know how long Bethesda likes to pause between games. They've no choice but to do the work themselves!

Keep the mods flowing my fellow modders. See when you keep the same file format and basic engine it allows a user-base to keep making mods that are very user friendly.

That's why other mod scenes fr RPGs die down as they don't have the proper tools.