HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wccftech reports that State of Decay 3 is an ongoing project:

State of Decay 3 Is Reportedly Coming Along 'Very, Very Well'

It's been a rough week for Xbox following multiple studio closures decided by Microsoft and the severe blowback from fans and fellow developers alike, not to mention reports of Perfect Dark having a rough time, but a new rumor suggests State of Decay 3, at least, might be coming along well.

The third installment in the open-world zombie survival series was originally announced during 2020's Xbox Games Showcase when developer Undead Labs revealed the new entry was early in the pre-production phase. To this day, that pre-rendered concept trailer is all we have of the game, and a report from 2022 suggested there were problems early on due to a lack of vision.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

So five years now since the second game was released?

Time sure does move fast. Ayway I keep hoping for a true story campaign but they always release Co-op story lite games. Hope they don't get axed by Microsoft.

Ayway I keep hoping for a true story campaign but they always release Co-op story lite games.
Alas, that seems unlikely (FTA):
State of Decay 3 is meant to go much larger with persistent online elements. At least, that's what the plan was nearly six years ago; things may have since changed, but it seems doubtful given the ever-increasing emphasis put by publishers on live service games.

SoD2 is probably my second-favourite Zombie game, even without a proper story campaign. I'm really hoping they don't overdo the online shit.

SoD2 is probably my second-favourite Zombie game, even without a proper story campaign. I'm really hoping they don't overdo the online shit.
I'm guessing Dying Light is #1? Have you played Days Gone?

I've never tried SoD2. I wanted to like the first game, but I felt like the respawn rate was excessively high.

I'm guessing Dying Light is #1? Have you played Days Gone?

I've never tried SoD2. I wanted to like the first game, but I felt like the respawn rate was excessively high.
Yep, Dying Light is my number 1. Haven't played Days Gone yet, but my son has and says it's the bomb (or whatever the equivalent is for teenagers these days). It's definitely on my "play soon" list.

SoD1 is a lot more janky than SoD2. I liked SoD1, but never finished it. I found it hard to go back to it after playing SoD2, so it's going to stay that way.

Yep, Dying Light is my number 1. Haven't played Days Gone yet, but my son has and says it's the bomb (or whatever the equivalent is for teenagers these days). It's definitely on my "play soon" list.
I personally guarantee it'll be in your top 2 zombie games after you play it. :)

Well, sounds like I need to play it very soon, then. I'm still in a bit of a gaming funk, so maybe it'll cure it.
You might need a fairly beefy PC, as it usually happens with PS ports.

If I had to rank current zombie games. In the story based category DaysGone is better than DL1. In sandbox Zomboid is better than SoD2. But all four are very good games.

P.S. personally I had played Zomboid the most. Although vanilla is fairly bland, 20K+ mods make it shine.

If I had to rank current zombie games. In the story based category Days Gone is better than DL1.
In terms of the story and writing, yeah, I think Days Gone is miles better than anything in the genre.

Not sure about gameplay-wise though. It's close. I really like the parkour and exploration in DL1. Both games have tremendous atmosphere.