HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Learn more about the Spartans in Titan Quest II:

Sparta in Titan Quest II

Sparta. Whether the name calls to mind Lacedaemon, Helen of Troy, Leonidas, or the Peloponnesian Wars, Sparta's legend stands apart. In classical times, its influence stretched across the Peloponnesian peninsula and as far away as Italy.

So naturally, we wanted to feature Sparta in Titan Quest II. But we didn't want these to be the same old Spartans. In keeping with our philosophy, we wanted to present a unique and fantastical twist that was nevertheless rooted in the history and classical stories that inspire us.

Ours is a world in which the monsters of myth are real, and they pose a real threat to the humans who live among them. Until recently, the Spartans and their powerful military served the role of protectors, defending the towns and villages of Greece from these mythological threats.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

My problem with this game is that it can't be a 'Titan Quest ii" since it is a different developer; mind you it might be a decent game but it won't be titan quest ii. Why can't new developers use new names for their games instead of trying to 'trick' people by using the name of a well liked game.

@notdart I'm so of your opionion. Let's remember desasters like Fallout 2, 3, New Vegas. They weren't made by the original devs and so not Fallout. Or even worse: Baldur's Gate 3.

Ehh, I could care less about the name, for the most part. Gimme a great story with solid combat mechanics and decent exploration and you'll notch a sale at some point. I'll keep reading here to see what stalwarts braver than I think about this one at release.

@notdart I'm so of your opionion. Let's remember desasters like Fallout 2, 3, New Vegas. They weren't made by the original devs and so not Fallout. Or even worse: Baldur's Gate 3.
Your comment would have more value if you did a survey of all ip created by one developer and then a 2nd game created by a totally different developer and the quality of game 1 vs game 2. Cherry picking a few counter examples has no merit.

Your memory is flawed. Black Isle Studios was formed out of the RPG division of Interplay - the same division that delivered the original Fallout. A significant number of people were still involved including artists, engineers, testers etc. Look at the credits. Fallout 3 was a massive step down so it pretty much makes notdart's point.

Last edited:
Arthur Bruno started Iron Lore Entertainment that made Titan Quest, he later started Crate Entertainment which made Grim Dawn. THQ published Titan Quest but not Grim Dawn. Titan Quest 2 is being published by THQ. Grim Dawn uses the Titan Quest graphics engine.

It can get confusing because Wiki has a long list of publishers for Fallout 1 and 2 because those games were bought out; FO1 and FO2 came from Interplay which later closed due to debt and from Black Isle which is around at least on paper.

Your memory is flawed. Black Isle Studios was formed out of the RPG division of Interplay - the same division that delivered the original Fallout. A significant number of people were still involved including artists, engineers, testers etc. Look at the credits. Fallout 3 was a massive step down so it pretty much makes notdart's point.
I figured he typed 2+3, instead of 3+4, as an accident. At least I hope so :LOL:

I figured he typed 2+3, instead of 3+4, as an accident. At least I hope so :LOL:
It was irony, of course. Changing the dev doesn't necessarly mean that an IP gets worse. The later Troika Team made FO1, the Black Isle guys were merely coffee bitches during those days.

And of course, FO2 was better than 3 or 4, but that ist exactly the point, becaue they were much, much more successful. An even IF you think that BG3 is a BG in name only, it is a uber critically acclaimed and commerically successful game.