HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Turn Based Lovers present games of their favourite genre:

THAT'S THE BEST MAY 2024 HAS TO OFFER IN TERMS OF TURN-BASED RPGS AND STRATEGY GAMES

It seems like May could easily be one of the best months of 2024 for a host of promising RPGs and strategy games ready to launch on PC. Today, I've gathered some of the most interesting ones, and I assure you that if you're a fan of the genre, it will be hard not to find something tempting.

A new title in the King Arthur series, some very interesting roguelites, significant strategy games like Songs of Conquest (to which I will certainly dedicate many hours), and then two very interesting tactical games, one that puts us in the shoes of superheroes and the other catapults us into the past, and right alongside all this abundance, there's also the release of a retro RPG you absolutely need to check out. But to find out more, you'll need to read the article. Let's go:

KING ARTHUR: LEGION IX - 9 MAY
ROGUE VOLTAGE - 10 MAY E.A.
STARCRAWLERS CHIMERA - 13 MAY
SONGS OF CONQUEST - 20 MAY
SONGS OF SILENCE - 23 MAY E.A.
WIZARDRY: PROVING GROUNDS OF THE MAD OVERLORD - 23 MAY
SPELLCATS: AUTO CARD TACTICS - 17 MAY
C.A.R.D.S. RPG: THE MISTY BATTLEFIELD - 23 MAY
CROWN WARS - 23 MAY
CAPES - 29 MAY
SKALD: AGAINST THE BLACK PRIORY - 30 MAY

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

As a news submitter you can tell this site loves their lists. :rotfl:

On the plus side they keep me informed about most TB RPGs.

Skald was a long, hard wait. I'm guessing 90% of the delay is down to creating a game that would actually run on a Commodore-64. I'd be satisfied with it looking like a C-64 game, but whatever.

I'll probably give Wizardry a shot even though I feel like it might be one of those games where the idea of playing it is better than the reality. I often end up finding the gameplay too repetitive in a lot of classic crpgs. I remember being excited about the Bard's Tale remasters, but I couldn't even finish BT1.

Those Bard's Tales remasters are what took the sting away of Bard's Tale four being less than, at least for me. I'll likely get the Wizardry game at least, once the initial updates and such land.

Skald was a long, hard wait. I'm guessing 90% of the delay is down to creating a game that would actually run on a Commodore-64. I'd be satisfied with it looking like a C-64 game, but whatever.
I don't think it actually runs on a C64. The long development time is probably just because it's a one-man project.

I have King Arthur, Crown Wars and Capes on my wishlist, but I have no idea when I'll play them.
Just started ATOM RPG released in 2017 :O