HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The modding tool REDkit for the Witcher 3 can be tested:

The Witcher 3 REDkit Playtest

Help us test the upcoming modding software!

If you can't wait to get your hands on the editor for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have some great news for you! Starting today you can sign up to try it out yourself in the official Playtest on Steam.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is a comprehensive modding tool for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt we're currently developing. It is based on the same set of tools that were used by our developers to create the game and should allow for nearly limitless freedom in modding it. REDkit will be available free of charge for all owners of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC and it's scheduled to release later this year.

In order to sign up, simply navigate to the store page of The Witcher 3 REDkit on Steam and request access.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Wow, that's great but isn't it a bit late for that? And does it make sense for them to work on that when they've dropped their engine for Unreal Engine?

EDIT: @JDR13 beat me to it. :D

Almost a decade late they did the same with Witcher 2. Hopefully we get better mods.

Wow, that's great but isn't it a bit late for that? And does it make sense for them to work on that when they've dropped their engine for Unreal Engine?

EDIT: @JDR13 beat me to it. :D
Well at least we all know their next games will not be easy to mod.

As Unreal modding is possible just not very user friendly.

I'm waiting for the first announcements of TW1 and TW2 in the TW3 engine ;)
Me as well but that would be a lot of work and CDPR probably wont allow it.

As they are funding a full remake of the first Witcher game.

Rehauled RPG mechanics could make this game much more attractive to me.
Hopefuly this can reignite modders interest, because, as already mentioned above, this comes quite late to the table.