The "I Just Bought" thread

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
Been thinking about starting up this thread for some time. It's basically about something crazy, cool, interesting or odd you've bought recently. You can preferably post a picture, from the web or a photograph, maybe a long with why you bought it, where you got it, what you payed etc, and people can comment. It could be geek stuff, gadgets, games, books, a new crazy soft drink or anything you wish to show. Be as personal or not, just share a part of your life.

I have been a roleplayer since I was 8, and the recent game I have been collecting books for is Star Wars Saga Edition. It's basically an enhanced version of the Star Wars d20 rules that was used in KOTOR, but it's a lot better and captures the feel of the movies a lot more than the old rules did. I actually have the ancient WEG d6 game too, but the rules in that one is way outdated.
galaxyatwar.jpg

My latest 2 books, besides school literature. The first book below is "The Second Sex", the feminist bible. A classic in intellectual history. For the other one I just wanted an English copy at home.
detandrakonet.jpg
ontheoriginofspecies.jpg

Right. There have been a lot of studies recently, but I decided to order a couple of games for Christmas already. I am rather poor at the moment, but there were a couple of companies I wanted to support.
games.jpg

Cambridge Diet. Kinda the only thing I eat at the moment and for the next few months.
cambridgekuren.gif

- The Ruins Of Dantooine
- The Romans In Bavaria
- The Meanwhile Adventures (which is said to feature snails from Dublin trying to reach World Domination ...)

Cambridge Diet. Kinda the only thing I eat at the moment and for the next few months.
cambridgekuren.gif

My wife has been doing that, lost about 4 stone in 5 months (even with falling off the wagon on quite a few occasions).

The first few days getting onto it she struggles with but once she's in the zone she actually seems to feel pretty good on it.

My wife has been doing that, lost about 4 stone in 5 months (even with falling off the wagon on quite a few occasions).

The first few days getting onto it she struggles with but once she's in the zone she actually seems to feel pretty good on it.

With 500cal per day the body change mode after 3-5 days. This mode gives positive benefits such as hunger gone and an excess amount of energy.

as I get closer to realizing my small tech support business plan, I'm getting some cool stuff. Kinda boring for most people probably, lol.

Laptop to IDE Hard Drive Adapter Pretty cool little adapter, good for grabbing stuff off a laptop hard drive, or to just put one to use youve got laying around, whatever. A lot of people dont realize that sometimes you can still pull your files off a dead laptop drive (or any dead drive for that matter) when hooked up as a slave drive.

2.5 Gallon Husky Shop-Vac I was on the verge of buyin a leaf blower for gettting the dust out of pcs that I'm working on. Seriously, Ive heard it from more than one source, especially if you offer mobile in-home service. Those cans are a waste of time. Instead, I figured for the same price I can get something that picks up AND blows (you hook the hose on the exhaust instead). Small enough that I can carry it on jobs, and seems to work good at blowing out a pc so I'm all good.

New game, besides the prerequisite Risen/ DA, I picked up Trine, fun little rpg-ish puzzle side-scroller. Tho havent played much of it, been too pre-occupied w/ DA:O.

With 500cal per day the body change mode after 3-5 days. This mode gives positive benefits such as hunger gone and an excess amount of energy.

Certainly worked a lot better than any more normal diets. All the water & vitamins have left her with a much healthier skin tone as well.

The weirdest thing would be, new car reverse Fuse addon and fresh 2 new lambs (for reverse mode). :D Also bought "World of Pirates" account, kinda in love with that game already (spent the 10 free hours through 2 days only). And some ingredients for Sin & Gin cocktail. :D

King's Bounty : The Legend
Plus a birthday present for my father (Eric Clapten & Steve Winwood CD, will probably buy it for myself one day, too)

Okay, I'll send this to him. ;)

Yesterday : TDE "Magazine" the "Aventurischer Bote", number 136
Plus DVD : The infamous "Stunksitzung", Best Of. ;) This is like a Monty Python's Flying Circus version of the stage shows of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_carnival

I just bought a new monitor for my 360 gaming. A Samsung P2350. I agonised for months about which monitor to get. I've tried two LCDs in the past and didn't like either or them, and I was almost tempted to just say stuff it and stick with my old 19" CRT.

But I think I made a good choice. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm still worried that I spent all that money on something and I won't like it, but time will tell.

The Very Best Of Enya, deluxe version. *sigh* :)

One of these:

Dell Studio XPS 8000,
Intel Core i7-860 processor(8MB Cache, 2.80GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB
20 inch ST2010F Widescreen Flat Panel
nVidia GeForce GTX260 1792MB GDDR3
750GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive 7200 RPM

Now I just have to make myself give up my old faithful rig and learn Windows 7.

I bought the pieces to make a "whiteboard" combat map for our RPG's. I have printed 8xA4 with 1x1 inch grids, taped 4 and 4 together and covered them with plastic film. Since it's coated I can use non-permanent pens and erase them afterwards.
starwarsmap.jpg

And a new book for Star Wars Saga Edition on top of that. I am part of a group that write a large index for this system, and I preorder the books for the game as soon as they are released.
scavengersguide.jpg

JemyM said:
cambridgekuren.gif

So far I have lost 4 cm.

Last edited:
I am woundering if cambridge diet will work regardless of your drinking habits? does anyone know ? ( I surely don't need it as I am too thin, but it is for someone I know :p )

The Meanwhile Adventures

How was it? did you read it yet?

How was it? did you read it yet?

Have begun it.

It is rather a children's book, sadly. I had expected some humourous comedy, but this book is very much a children's book.

Still it is funny ... Just not everyone's matter of taste.

I'm not recommending it for mature readers. Unless you want to give your inner child a present. ;)

I am woundering if cambridge diet will work regardless of your drinking habits? does anyone know ? ( I surely don't need it as I am too thin, but it is for someone I know :p )

Drinking habits?

The point of the diet is that you drink the shakes, and water, and that's all you put in your mouth until you are done.

1.eSlick ebook reader

6" 600x800 inch eink screen (weight 180g). Ive been using it for two days now and so far Im really happy with it. It has a secure digital card port and can hold thousands of books. Currently I have som dragonlance and forgotten realms books on it. Before buying I thought 6" is too small but now it feels just right. Its important that ereader is not too big or heavy. It has to be small and light enough to be able to hold it with one hand.

Text is very nice to read and your eyes dont get tired because the reader is not a lightsource. Even the maps on the books look great. Lots of options for resize and sofort. The "screen" doesnt look like computer screen but its not all like book either (the pics dont do justice). Somthing from between like paper behind very thin glass. I dont think Ive ever seen anything like it. But its good - I like it.

Foxit_Eslick_Ebook_Reader.jpg

The text on the screen is large btw. I usually use text font thats two levels smaller.

This is a good picture: http://www.tudra.net/wp/wp-content/gallery/eslick/eslick.jpg

2.Leather cover for eSlick

87958_01.jpg

That should give it som extra protection. The shutter-belt on the right has a magnet inside so it "snaps" tightly by-itself when you close the book making sure the cover stays closed.

3.Samsung NC10 mini-notebook (10",1.3kg,8hr battery)

For travelling needs. I might buy a 3G usb stick for it so I can use my phone sim card to connect internet. Its also great for tabletop gaming. It has fast processor so I can easily read large pdfs from it. I also plan to play older games mostly rpgs from 90s with it. It runs movies too atleast SD.

27062009_SamsungNC10_NetbookBlue.jpg

Its only 26cm wide

I bought especially a blue version of the NC10. I dont like black and white notebooks. Especially black ones. Reminds me of work I guess. I also bought blue 500gb mobile usb-powered hd for extra storage/backup:
93821_01.jpg

4.Windows 7 pro fi

This will be third os for my pc multiboot. I bought pro because it has the xp mode and costs only 20€ more. I havent tried it yet but Im looking forward to it since so many are recommending it. I tried the beta last year but I didnt like it. But it was beta so I dont care about that.

I also bought other stuff like wireless nano mouse, card reader, 4GB SDHC card, 2Gb memory, eletric tools to open my cell phone and the new notebook. I planning to switch covers for my phone and stick invisible shields on it. Notebook memory will be upgraded to 2gb. Both the phone and notebook need special tools to open.

Last edited:
GTA4 finally hit 19.99 @ local software place, yaya!

Wont be playing it til after Dragon Age tho. Also bought a neat Diablo 2010 calendar

Back
Top Bottom