The Dark Eye: Demonicon - Demo Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks go to Dr. A for bringing my attention to the following video. Here is a Demo trailer of The Dark Eye: Demonicon.

Take a look at The Dark Eye: Demonicon demo from GDC 2013.
More information.

Hm, I am glad to see a return of Dark Eye RPGs, really. But:

a) I don't like the new development of the world of "Aventurien", all the dark world plot of recent years is so not my thing. I like Aventurien as it was in the old days, as a positive and good fairy tale world, not a gloomy Gothic style world.

b) I understand the Gothic colour style is en vogue among developers, it seems EVERY game from the shooter to the RPG is now dark and colourless. But this? A Dark Eye game? I recall the saying from Yatzee from "Zero Punctuation": "What isn't brown is grey, and what isn't grey is too dark to make out." WHY? I mean, were colours forbidden some time ago and I didn't notice?

c) Combat system... I don't think they are going to make much friends with this. The Dark Eye fans will hate it because action combat is AS FAR away as possible from Dark Eye combat as you can think and for action combat fans, this looks WAY too clumsy. The poor man swung his sword like a farmer's pitchfork!

So, mixed feelings. It's Dark Eye, so I prolly will buy it, but I am not so keen with what I see. *shrug*

I couldn't tell from the video. Is this an open world RPG? Or is it more like Witcher 2? Or is it something totally different?

The development of aventurien is not really that new. It's in the later, newer aventurien, most people do not play in. But it already existed in the "normal ruleset" and was not made up in the game.

That said, I prefer the "old" Aventurien as well. And an action game is not my thing either.

I don't know about this one. Granted it's not the finished product, but to me this looks like a game that old xbox could have played, I just don't see this game making it...

Hm, I am glad to see a return of Dark Eye RPGs, really. But:

-snip-

You can relax, it's not a TDE game. The city is called Warunk, that's it. TTBOMK, for all their coverage, they haven't even hinted that this game will be a faithful translation of TDE. It's like those old DnD brawlers that are being remade right now; there's actually no reason why they even bothered to get an RPG license.

But it looks good. I was thinking it looked a bit like Dungeon Lords but without the suck.

Might be OK. I'll definitely wait for some reviews.

Back
Top Bottom