Lords of the Fallen - Early Preview Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A YouTube user by the name of Lobos Jr posted a five hour preview video of an early build of Lords of the Fallen provided to him from the games developer CI Games.

Thanks to the CI Games guys and Namco Bandai for allowing me to stream an early demo of the game! After playing through with all the classes, I'm very much looking forward to playing it at launch. My breakdown of class difficulty is as follows:

Warrior: 3/10 difficulty
Cleric: 4.5/10 difficulty
Rogue: 7/10 difficulty

Don't expect REALLY high difficulty with this game, just enjoy the combat.
Thank you danutz_plusplus for the link.

More information.

Last edited:
erm.. what's to enjoy?
eh im probably alone in this, as the one who doesn't like games like Batman and Mordor.. but 1) fantasy
2) main focus combat (which is easy)
wtf?

Simple answer it's a Dark Soul clone made to be easier to play it seems. So any gamer who played the Soul games, and hated the combat may enjoy playing this game.

Simple answer it's a Dark Soul clone made to be easier to play it seems. So any gamer who played the Soul games, and hated the combat may enjoy playing this game.

I hope it has some sort of difficulty adjustments, to make it as hard as you'd like.

Seems interesting, but since is a combat-based action rpg they must put the challenge factor higher to keep the player. Still, is an early build, so we cannot know for sure.

I wouldn't read too much into those difficulty scores. I'm pretty sure he's the bloke I watched finish Dark Souls in under 2 hours using just a shield.

And he's using a controller… Officially losing the will to live now. :shakefist:

Did he mention it's like Dark Souls? ;p

Controllers are so much better for action games it isnt debatable. They go for around 20 dollars. Well worth the investment.

I like the look of the combat in this game. It is slow and you have more room and control in combat to go back and forth with the enemy, unlike in Dark Souls where the margin of error is extremely small and you can die from one hit. Also there is no respwn since this is a story driven action rpg.

Controllers are so much better for action games it isnt debatable. They go for around 20 dollars. Well worth the investment.

I hate blanket statements like this.

I died repeatedly ( to the point that it was unplayable, not to mention unenjoyable) in dark souls trying a controller yet beat 1 and 2 with mouse and keyboard.

Some people, maybe even most people might find controllers better for this type of game but not everyone does. I am definitely better at these types of games with mouse and keyboard than I am with controller and that actually is not debatable.

As for the game as I said many times its a day 1 purchase for me.

I hate blanket statements like this.

I died repeatedly ( to the point that it was unplayable, not to mention unenjoyable) in dark souls trying a controller yet beat 1 and 2 with mouse and keyboard.

Some people, maybe even most people might find controllers better for this type of game but not everyone does. I am definitely better at these types of games with mouse and keyboard than I am with controller and that actually is not debatable.

As for the game as I said many times its a day 1 purchase for me.

Interesting, thanks for the correction. I wasnt aware that there were people who prefer mouse and keyboard for action games, my bad.

Well if you were vastly more experienced with M&K than controller then I could see it being preferable. But ultimately all the Souls games control far, far better with a controller.

This game is supposedly more like a Souls game than Batman AA or SoM. I expect I will play it at some point if it is well received.

I too can't play with controllers and only play on mouse and keyboard.

I am currently enjoying DS 1 more than DS 2 with mouse and keyboard because it does not have any mouse lag since they assigned separate mouse buttons for the light and heavy attacks (instead of the double clicking lag in DS2).

The problem is that most developers of action/rpg games assume that players use controllers and don't pay attention to the mouse and keyboard controls, leading sometimes to furstration rather than enjoyment of the game.

Back
Top Bottom