ELEX - New Information, Screenshots and Artwork @ World of ELEX

Thank you for the info, Farflame!

And World of ELEX Good Luck for the new site :ahoy:!

Finally an updated English site, and the game looks good in my opinion.:clap:

In pirate setting there were loadscreens between islands so I think it's not that.

We sure this is not Gothic 5, just set in the future?
Every PB game is Gothic, more or less.
Just like every Spiderweb game is Geneforge, more or less.

Which is not a bad thing at all, I think. At least as a player. As a developer, it would most likely annoy me to no end if I had to develop the same game with only slight differences time and time again.

Every PB game is Gothic, more or less.
Just like every Spiderweb game is Geneforge, more or less.

If only…
IMHO Geneforge was the pinnacle of Spiderweb's games (Avernum 2 and Nethergate is a close second). Sadly, Jeff just keeps repeating Bioware nowadays, without their budget - which is a very unwise opinion methinks: as I used to say to my colleagues, you cannot make a Michael Bay movie without the millions…

Re Piranha Bytes:
ELEX seems to be a missed opportunity to me so far - but let's be optimistic: the very first Gothic looked positively bad at first … but on closer examination…. hey, whoaaaa, what do we have here…. a real diamond in the rough!
Let's hope that PB recuperated after the ill-fated pirate detour of Risen2/3 and they make another masterpiece in the veins of R1, G1 and G2.

Adding guns to gothic? Personally, I think that sounds cool. I hope the new franchise prevents people from getting angry about it, however, like with Bethesda's decision to take Fallout 4 down the FPS route.

Looks like the world might be a bit more open than the previous couple of games.

I didn't enjoy being funnelled down corridors in the last game and hitting unavoidable monster mobs every 20 metres.

Erm... You're describing Dragon's Dogma.

No, I'm thinking more of Risen 2: Dark Waters.

I prefer open world games to allow for more open roaming than being kept to limited corridors.

Risen 3 was already much more open.

Back
Top Bottom