Gothic Gothic Reloaded

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
There's now a demo for the Gothic Reloaded mod which has been in developement for several years. It allows you to play the first chapter with all the enhancements planned for the full mod.

In short, it looks incredible. I hope these guys are able to finish it in the near future.

http://www.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/?page=home&lang=en

Looks nice but these kinds of things so rarely get finished I can't get too excited about it.

In their FAQ it's says they were hoping to be done summer of 2015 and they just completed the first chapter in 2017. They're still working on it though so kudos for that and hopefully they'll actually finish.

I can respect this but won't budge when it's done.

IMO three Gothic games need to be remade in a modern openworld engine with HAIR (tw3, rottr) and rereleased as one game with three chapters and several subchapters that are used to spawn new mobs instead of boring grind of undying.

goty guaranteed. If only someone would dare to fund it.

I'd love to see them actually complete this. Usually, mods like this end up dead after a while. A shame really.

I can respect this but won't budge when it's done.

IMO three Gothic games need to be remade in a modern openworld engine with HAIR (tw3, rottr) and rereleased as one game with three chapters and several subchapters that are used to spawn new mobs instead of boring grind of undying.

goty guaranteed. If only someone would dare to fund it.

You may have an unhealthy relationship with hair.:biggrin:

Looks nice but these kinds of things so rarely get finished I can't get too excited about it.

In their FAQ it's says they were hoping to be done summer of 2015 and they just completed the first chapter in 2017. They're still working on it though so kudos for that and hopefully they'll actually finish.

Thing is, the first chapter covers nearly the entire game as far as the world is concerned. The subsequent chapters reveal a few more quest-related places, but the majority of the map can be seen in Chapter 1. Since this mod is strictly visual, and they're not making any changes to quests, etc, the vast majority of their work should be completed now.

I'm not really a graphics oriented gamer, so whilst it doesn't do a great deal for me personally (having already completed Gothic enough times over the years) I certainly respect the work that has gone into making it.

Being a staple favourite of the 'Watch, it's bound to attract more interest, especially the gamers who perhaps may have first jumped on board with Gothic 3 but haven't been able to enjoy the visuals of the original game.

Hopefully it will attract more gamers who may have missed it. Still a lot to see in those games, especially for RPG developers.

There is some Gothic Reloaded news in the form of a new YT video showing off the progress on the Sleeper Temple.

Looks good. Besides retexturing, did they also add some things in the background that weren't there before? I don't remember the skeletons hanging from the ceiling at 0:40 in the video.

Hopefully it's compatible with the DX11 mod. Both of them together should make for a nice experience.

The renderer has received many updates (the latest version is 17.8) since the demo was released and it's supposed to be working much better with the first Gothic now (the renderer was originally made with only G2 in mind).

Yeah, I can confirm that it works well with G1 now, or at least it seems to. I recently tried the version they recommend for The Chronicles of Myrtana, and I played for over an hour without any issues. When I had previously tried the mod with G1 about a year or so ago, I was lucky to get 15-20 minutes before it would crash or lock up.

Good to know that it's compatible with Gothic Reloaded.

Back
Top Bottom