RPGWatch@gamescom - ELEX

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With the amount of info that has already reported on ELEX, here is another article from my Gamescom visit with more, but not with a lot of new information.

Magalan, the world of ELEX, is one big continent with no loading zones and different landscapes, such as forests, a desert, ice covered mountains and a volcanic region. Elex is the material that was released on the world after a meteor crashed on the planet, which changed the world forever. That meteor carried the substance Elex with it and Elex started to integrate with everything on the planet. There are a total of four factions in ELEX and each of them use Elex in a different way. There are the Berserkers who live in the forests and who are able to convert Elex into mana to use that as a source of magic. Then there are the Outlaws, who live in the desert and use Elex as a drug. They are an anarchistic bunch and steal and plunder what they can. The Clerics reside in a volcanic environment and they use Elex as a power source for their machines. And finally there are the Albs in the icy mountains, who use Elex for weapons and also consume it, which has turned them into emotionless beings. Neither of the factions like each other much as each of them wants to have Elex for their own.
More information.

And here is the ELEX article.

Thanks Myrthos.
Still looking forward to this.

Thanks Myrthos.
It really does sound good!
It's interesting that they have taken the decision not to have DLC - it seems integral to the financial planning of most releases these days.

DLC in general is cancer that needs to be cured. ASAP.
And they know it.

But it's not evil companies CEO to blame - the high popularity of the fraud scheme happened thanks to cretins who still buy that stuff.

As usual I have to add something so CEO Morgan from Alpha Centauri doesn't misuse my words. DLC that do not mess with the original game but are classic expansions and add dozens of hours of new content to enjoy are not scam.

This is Number 1 on my 'Gotta Have' list. Looks like it was made for me.

I enjoyed Risen 3, so I will give this a decent shot. May not be day 1 but the first sale probably.

This looks good and looking forward to Elex, but I feel that I will be missing the signature soundtracks of the Gothics and Risen 1, which would have added significantly to a game of this scale.

God but I love that trailer. Great looking character as well. I want this game now :p

PB games have been getting progressively worse ( for me), so will wait for non-Rpgwatch reviews ( :shh: can't be trusted on this! )
Maybe they'll strike something new, instead of half step past to present.

With the setting they definitely tried.

I fart in your general direction. This game is going to be great.

Eh? Some cultures, that'S considered merriment of good health and fortune, that's how I'll interpret it ( Fluent seems to like it though). ;)
Major mechanic in Stick of Truth, even.

It's gone all dark and stormy round these parts, with rain lashing down. Must be RPG season again. Looks like it might be a good one, with ELEX and D:OS 2 about to drop.

Back
Top Bottom