Pillars of Eternity II - Released

This is a game I'll definitely wait a bit to play. With so many classes/subclasses/multiclass combinations I bet there will be a bunch of balance adjustments in the near future.

I'll wait 6 months to a year. Currently waiting to play Kingdom Come.

Seems like ELEX patching is done, so i should start playing that one.. sometimes its good to have a rather huge backlog..

Didn't think the trailer was that bad. Not particularly great, for sure, but gave the flavor of the game. The heavy use of art rather than gameplay or story was perhaps something you'd expect from an earlier teaser, rather than the launch trailer.

Doesn't sound like many people here are willing to play anytime soon... I'm going to wait till it hits bargain bin since I didn't enjoy PoE1.. also, Kingmaker will keep me occupied :)

Is anyone volunteering for the review? Keen on finding out Watch view on this game.

I am more than ready to play this game. Really enjoy POE but need to finish my current game so I can import it. Soon!

(...) I'm going to wait till it hits bargain bin (...)

My thought exactly. And I have the feeling this will happen a bit more quickly this time.

Well I can see i won't be getting any sleep tonight.

I have only just started to play and a hour slipped by like nothing. Might be working from home the next few days.

Trailer actually looks ok to me, but it does rely quite a bit on the viewer having experience w/ the first title (not to mention some previews for this sequel). So, yeah, not necessarily a good advertisement.

Like many of you, I too am looking forward to playing this… in 6 months. I wanted my faith in Obsidian to be rewarded w/ the PoE 1 kickstarter and instead I got a botched release complete with savegame bugs and an act 3 devoid of progression. Alas, I'm done beta testing their products - despite those products eventually becoming quite good.

@CF HA! Yes, game is updating now, spending a lot of time expanding onto the SSD :?

Hopefully will be playing tonight. Can't imagine why anyone who says party-based RPGs are their favorite kind of game would put this off.

The original release of POE was fine. It's flaws were much exaggerated. And I am picky, but not bitter.

@CF HA! Yes, game is updating now, spending a lot of time expanding onto the SSD :?

The install is a bit more than twice the download size (45GB is required for installing).

Mine is still 9GB away from download complete…no preload on GOG and I had to wait until I was back from work to start it. *sniff* I will probably not play tonight.

Well thus far no download key. Drumming fingers….

I thought the same, and then I looked at my pre order and I saw that they already emailed it to me a week ago.

If they emailed me anything a week ago, I also missed it. @rjshae;, try logging onto the PoE website and check out "manage pledges" in your account info. I had to place the stuff I pledged for into a shopping cart and "buy" them before I could generate the game keys. Don't forget to do it for the DLC season pass and whatever else, too.

It's unpacked and running without bugs so far….

The key was available from the backer site. I never got a key in email but an update on the physical rewards being delayed. Check your pledge and there is a button there to get the key.
Everyone who ordered a physical copy of the game is able to redeem a copy of their key on the Backer Portal now! You'll still be able to play Deadfire on May 8th, and we will endeavor to get your physical items to you as soon as we can. For all of you who did back at physical item tier, we are very sorry for the inconvenience of the delay and appreciate your patience with us. We will keep you all updated regularly on the status of the items so you know when to expect everything.

Thank you all for your support and we can't wait for you to sail the Deadfire in a few short weeks!

Hopefully will be playing tonight. Can't imagine why anyone who says party-based RPGs are their favorite kind of game would put this off.

The original release of POE was fine. It's flaws were much exaggerated. And I am picky, but not bitter.

I liked the first one on released and loved it a year later with all the updates and expansions.(Played it twice)

I had it preloaded so it took about 45 minutes this afternoon to finish the install.

Playing it on vet/expert mode, made it to the first little town, and first level up.

Too many games on my list so will also wait for bargain bin. POE is decent but not great.

Also not a big fan of the tropical setting for game 2. My guess is most people like the change in setting as medieval Europe setting has been done to death. It's always been my favorite though and still is. Not that I won't occasionally play others.

Playing it on vet/expert mode, made it to the first little town, and first level up.

A note about Veteran/POTD, they aren't fully balanced yet, as in some part might be easy (or way too hard I guess). They prioritized bugs over balancing each encounters for those difficulties for release.

If they emailed me anything a week ago, I also missed it. @rjshae;, try logging onto the PoE website and check out "manage pledges" in your account info. I had to place the stuff I pledged for into a shopping cart and "buy" them before I could generate the game keys. Don't forget to do it for the DLC season pass and whatever else, too.

I got it loaded and running this afternoon. Thanks.

I guess I should get to PoE 1, then. After all, I was a backer.
One day I'll have no kids at home, no aspirations, and I'll have all the time in the world to play all these games I've hoarded. Of course, Windows will have migrated to something incompatible by then...
Oh well, so it goes..

The reviews on steam look excellent overall. I will buy this once they have it all patched up, but that is standard procedure for me with games. I rarely buy any game brand new any more. Very excited about the reception Pillars of Eternity 2 is getting. Basically, all the problems and issues I had with the first one, that put me off from getting it, has been tweaked, fine tuned, and improved. Hell, just the fact that they put walking in the game, they pretty much had me right there…:biggrin:

I finished PoE before the expansions were released. Does it make sense to play these expansions now? Or are they meant to be played during PoE's plot?

Yes, it was a dissapointment for me and everybody else who was looking for a new BG. Their biggest mistake was to dumb down the level system. If you take it for what it is the game is not that bad. They pretty much nailed the Forgotten Realms atmosphere and lore. Took me 50 h to complete it on hard and I plan to do the Rage of Demons expansion also at some point (supposed to be around 10 h).

PoE II seem to be a worthier contender for the BG throne. So… is it any good? I was pretty dissapointed by PoE so I will sit back and play some more Battletech before I give it a go. Most importantly: How (fast/tactical) is combat?

Fair warning Rage of Demons took me 4 hours so it's not that long (and I'm usually rather thorough when it comes to these games).

I had a hard time getting into PoE1 for various reasons but mostly because I could never find a build that worked for me (I usually play Rogues and I like having my guy as the front man and considering how enemies work in this game my main character would always get swarmed and go down first unless I packed several meatshields in front of him) until I did give the Barbarian class a real try (I must confess I was a bit turned off by high Intellect Barbarians).

In any case I've played two hours of Deadfire and I'm still at the very beginning but I'm really impressed so far and looking forward to playing more which is quite something considering I've been playing 70 hours of PoE in the last few weeks (and a lot of BG before that but it doesn't count).

I do think that having played the first game helps with the setting and the lore (and making more organic choices regarding the events of the first game) and considering how much better Deadfire looks and plays l do believe it would be rather cumbersome to go back to the first game after playing this one.

Back
Top Bottom