Spellforce 3 - Fallen God Expansion Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that a new standalone expansion for Spellforce 3 has been announced called Fallen God.

Here are the new single-player features that SpellForce 3: Fallen God will sport:

• Salvaging of weapons to craft superior equipment for your tribe and your heroes
  • The new character-shaping mechanic, adding true replayability value (see below)
  • Multiple endings for the campaign, based on your decisions
  • Character shaping throughout the single-player campaign:
    The choices you make in the campaign affect your companion's skills and abilities. Plus they can contribute to the story through their own decisions, based on how you previously shaped their character.
  • New playable faction: The Trolls. With their nomadic behavior, Trolls have a different playstyle than all other factions in SpellForce 3
  • A new continent to explore: Urgath is full of mysteries and adventures for you and your heroes to discover.
  • All-new soundtrack to underline the beauty and mystery of the new continent
  • Full Steam Workshop integration and advanced modding tools
More information.

Like I said already I'll buy it just because I love these games and cant stop playing them. Love how they took the Blizzard path and released new games for each cut race.:biggrin:

Very nice! I enjoyed both and i'll buy this new chapter too.

Is it a changed main campaign or a new story?

Is it a changed main campaign or a new stiobory?
Each expansion is a full Stand alone campaign with different storylines and NPC's.

There actually prequels to the original games.

Last edited:
I never played these yet....are they worth it? I played the first two games and liked them.

I never played these yet….are they worth it? I played the first two games and liked them.
I'd recommend playing the new games. As they emulate more the original games with armies and base building then the sequels, which changed the original formula.

Word of caution the newer games by Grimlore Games & THQ Nordic get a lot of patches. So play SpellForce 3 & SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest first, and wait to play Fallen God.

I never played these yet….are they worth it? I played the first two games and liked them.
I played the II and III and liked the latter a lot more. Imho it's a full fledged RPG with RTS elements. You have a fixed main character and companions with experience, level progression, inventory. Companions have background, you talk to them in your savezone etc. IIrc they even had personal quests.

Of course you still have separate maps like in every RTS game. However you normally start each map in a mode where you control only your party. You can explore the map, do quests. At certain points (depending on the plot) you then build a base and have an RTS game. Your party can still be controlled and pqrticipate in combat. If your party is strong enough you can actually beat most maps with your party alone without doing serious RTS.

Thanks guys...just gotta find the time....currently playing heroes of cold steel on my ps4...not a lot of time to lpay on my PC as I am working on it a lot...

Spellforce 3 is quite long, finished in 60h according to steam but after i already finished the free version a year or so before, so i pretty much knew what to do in the game. I liked the game alot, it had many small things that made it in enjoyable. Plus it has a ton of voiced dialogues, might be wrong but i think every written line is voiced.

edit spellforce 2 done in 44h looking in steam but only the normal edition, it has a few standalone addons as well.

I've not played any of these, though I've been eying SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest. My concern is I'm not really an RTS fan (and not very good at RTSs)... curious if these games still are fun if you're not into the RTS sdie fo things as much?

I've not played any of these, though I've been eying SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest. My concern is I'm not really an RTS fan (and not very good at RTSs)… curious if these games still are fun if you're not into the RTS sdie fo things as much?
That really depends as the RTS part is about half the game. I've read on the internet and on this forum some played the original series like an RPG, but I never did.

Main reason being the controls and it didn't feel right leading armies in first person.

That really depends as the RTS part is about half the game. I've read on the internet and on this forum some played the original series like an RPG, but I never did.

Main reason being the controls and it didn't feel right leading armies in first person.

Hmmm, ok , thanks. Might just need to do the Steam 2 hour return demo at some point. There can be so much variety with RTSs... speed, feel, control scheme, etc, that for me, one might be ok but others, no way.

I played Northguard recently and liked it but it felt pretty slow in its play - not too rushed or frantic.

I've not played any of these, though I've been eying SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest. My concern is I'm not really an RTS fan (and not very good at RTSs)… curious if these games still are fun if you're not into the RTS sdie fo things as much?
Check my previous post. If you focus on your main character and the companions, most of the game can be played as an RPG.

Yep personally I never understood why people play these games as RPGs. It's designed as a hybrid not pick and choose. Like I said above the RTS part is half the game.

In the original games and sequel you are a rune warrior who leads armies.

@SSIGuy; you might like another game called Legends of Ellaria.

Legends of Ellaria is a First-Person/Real-Time Strategy Adventure and Role Playing Sandbox Game where you can build your own kingdom, fight epic battles and explore an immersive fantasy world, set in a universe where an ancient civilization established portals between worlds.
News - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/legends-of-ellaria-698/news.html
Interview - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/legends-of-ellaria-698/articles.html
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/621070/Legends_of_Ellaria/

Nope don't need to as I never played with just the companions. So case closed.:p

Anyway joking aside it's basically a blend between two very different genres RPG and RTS. Again not playing the RTS sections deprives you of part of the game.
Describing a game as a mash-up of other titles is often regarded as lazy writing, and I should know because I do it all the time. However, sometimes it’s appropriate because Spellforce 3 is Baldur’s Gate meets Age of Mythology and in its mixture of RPG leveling and RTS base-building you can find mechanics taken from numerous games from across the years. It’s like a Frankenstein’s monster, all stitched together, a little rough around the edges, prone to getting in trouble with local villagers and yet has a heart of gold. Or at least, the heart of somebody.
Bottom-line play as you want to as will I. Your just doing it wrong.:devilish:

Edit: Anyway I'm out it's bed time so don't expect another reply anytime soon.:sleep:

Last edited:
Nope don't need to as I never played with just the companions.
You're so close!

Anyway joking aside it's basically a blend between two very different genres RPG and RTS. Again not playing the RTS sections deprives you of part of the game.
Exactly. That's why I'm doing it.

Bottom-line play as you want to as will I.
Thanks! ;)

Your just doing it wrong.:devilish:
:(

Back
Top Bottom