BG3 Baldur's Gate 3 News Thread

Baldur's gate 3
They seem proud of their BG3 IP. :)
I guess they're just dropping it as a key word for DOSII to be higher on the result list when people are searchin for BG3 in the store.

The official website now has a countdown timer, a list of participants, and a quick overview of what we can expect. Here are the topics which will be covered.:)
What a ride. Twirling into the depths of hell alongside a panel of experts. Let’s explore the big new reveal, evict a brain from its home (and then have a chat with it), see some of the game, and talk about Early Access. Oh, and yes, the release date!

THE FINAL PART OF THE BALDUR’S GATE 3 CINEMATIC INTRO (PART 3)
CONTENT ANNOUNCEMENT
DISCUSSION FEATURING CHRIS PERKINS, PRINCIPAL GAME DESIGNER FOR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
LOBOTOMY FT. BRAINS
DEEP DIVE DISCUSSION INTO THE EARLY ACCESS CONTENT
GAMEPLAY ON THE TOPIC OF PERMUTATIONS FT. CRUSHER - ROUND 2
RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT AND EA PHILOSOPHY DISCUSSION

Ha just realised that's you Couchpotato - I thought we had a prolific new poster for a minute!

Is anyone going to do the EA? I normally avoid them like the plague but I'm seriously considering this one. It depends on whether I can run it on my PC, and if not, whether they do the EA on Stadia (can't believe I'm saying that but there you go....)

Ha just realised that's you Couchpotato - I thought we had a prolific new poster for a minute!

Is anyone going to do the EA? I normally avoid them like the plague but I'm seriously considering this one. It depends on whether I can run it on my PC, and if not, whether they do the EA on Stadia (can't believe I'm saying that but there you go….)

Yep this is my alt account due to being locked out of my main e-mail accounts. Had to do a full reset and re-installing of Win 10 yesterday. So I'm locked out of getting new passwords.

The new avatar and name fits me better as well.:)

As for using Stadia I wont judge we all do what we have to do, As the price of upgrading is harsh for my wallet as well sometimes. Let me know how it plays if you do.

Last edited:
Yep gotta love those announcement of an announcements all week long.

On a negative light it must mean the gaming masses have a very short attention span.
--

The stream is live. Love we have flying squid ships now.:cool:

Edit: Those who missed it can still watch the 2 hour show.

Last edited:
Baldurs Gate 3 Full Cinematic Intro from the Panel From Hell

Baldur's Gate 3 - Intellect Devourer Gameplay

Oh and by the way Early Access is coming September 30th to Stadia and PC.:)

Not been following bg3 at all, but from that trailer they have a lot of explaining to do, lore-wise. Above-ground Illithid in teleporting Spacejammer airships, githyanki dragonriders, Blood War setting... it all seems like a jumbled mess that's going to take a lot of liberty with the Forgotten Realms of Baldur's Gate.

Not been following bg3 at all, but from that trailer they have a lot of explaining to do, lore-wise. Above-ground Illithid in teleporting Spacejammer airships, githyanki dragonriders, Blood War setting… it all seems like a jumbled mess that's going to take a lot of liberty with the Forgotten Realms of Baldur's Gate.

Oh no, how dare they!

Who cares? I mean, obviously you do, but I couldn't care less about much they mix elements or change or challenge canon. What's the point of being so attached to that?

Because it's the Baldur's Gate setting and if they toss everything out the window, they should have created a new franchise instead.

You mean the same Baldur's Gate setting where you are the spawn of a god, brother to the main villain of the game, who obviously is the son of the same god, because you know, sons of gods casually stroll about by the dozens any tuesday night - and if you don't stop your brother, he'll become a god himself even before he or you hit level 7 or 8. Talk about tossing everything out of the window, because honestly in the typical DnD games I play, by level 7 I'm fighting kobolds or bugbears, and definitely feeling very mundane at that.

Honestly, I find perfectly canon-worthy and credible to be captured by an illithid looking for thralls/vessels for its species and being teleported in a hurry (and probably mistake, as it happens after the dragon breathes fire and makes the tadpole pool explode) into the topmost and most accessible layer of Hell. The fact that a blood war is going on there is taken for granted, as that's what's going on in Avernus pretty much 24/7.

The setting is fine, as for example the PnP canon campaign Descent to Avernus begins with level 1 characters learning that a whole city has sunk into Hell, and they are the ones who have to fix it, and Storm King's Thunder canon campaign has giants on flying castles bombarding the starting settlement when again you are level 1, while you will be riding a flying castle yourself by level 3-4, just to mention a couple.

We could nitpick, but I'm happy with BG3 taking an epic story arc, just as its prequels did.

Last edited:
Because it's the Baldur's Gate setting and if they toss everything out the window, they should have created a new franchise instead.

What is the "Baldur's Gate setting"? The settings of the first and second games are not the same. Why should this one be exactly the same as either one? How does not being so detract from the appeal of this game in any way?

All I know is it's been twenty years since the last game. Sure I wish plenty of things were different but at the end of the day I''ll accept it because this was a long time coming.:)

Frankly I blame WoTC they were only interested in licensing IP for MMO's in the past. So I don't really know what magic Swen conjured to make then finally change their minds.

Now someone contact Obsidian for a NWN 3. Yeah not gonna happen but I can dream.

Back
Top Bottom