Let's Play NWN EE Modules

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor
hello friends! i just wanted to bring attention to what I'm currently doing on my YouTube channel. at the moment I'm digging thru older and some obscure nwn modules and playing them in a Let's Play format. I'm using nwn ee for android and having a blast! the modules I've covered so far are:

tortured hearts (complete)
beneath the spine (complete)
temple of elemental evil (current)
pool of radiance (current)

if you'd like to follow along I'd love to have u, just leave a comment over on my page. also taking requests for future modules to play although I'd like to keep them obscure. i also (poorly) roleplay the different characters i make and i also try different classes and alignments. i will have some evil characters, too!

thanks for checking it out! much love.

- fluent

so i have since finished pool of radiance. that makes 3 complete modules done. currently the active one are:

toee final &
against the cult of the reptile god

against the cult is an excellent module so far. i'd recommend all 5 of them for you guys to play, for sure. they've all been real solid. against the cult goes a little further utilizing a bunch of brilliant cutscenes that you also can interact in.

just an update! i've finished against the cult of the reptile god and am now on to The Triangles Of Fate! Fun stuff so far. :)

Here is my well received and reviewed mod - a contest entry, the culmination of four years work

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/girl-ill-humour

Let me know if you need any tips or help

also, this is the current thing I'm working on

unknown.png

In that video, why does it seem like the UI icons are ridiculously large? I don't remember them being that big in the vanilla game.

Quick guess he is using UI and other mods to increase the size.

just finished

the Triangles Of Fate &
toee 2.0

and am going to be starting the Prophet series, namely the prologue.

and possibly a persistent world module called the world of lodor.

I'll also be potentially restarting toee to play the final version of that module.

if u like watching others play and interacting along the journey then feel free to join me! :party:

update! the Prophet Prologue is done. I'm working on Prophet, Ch. 1 - By The Will Of Kings & Mortals. pretty wicked awesome so far, u can tell a lot of love went into this one. really wicked scenes thus far, going into lore about drow and spiders and the cuetom Runeworlds setting is great! See u on YouTube! :)

update! the Prophet Prologue is done. I'm working on Prophet, Ch. 1 - By The Will Of Kings & Mortals. pretty wicked awesome so far, u can tell a lot of love went into this one. really wicked scenes thus far, going into lore about drow and spiders and the cuetom Runeworlds setting is great! See u on YouTube! :)
Just wait till you get to the ending of the whole campaign.

Hint: Butterfly Effect in progress.

Wow, flu, you completed Tortured Hearts???! That is one massive big black cock of an RPG experience. I got worn out just playing the first town, and knowing I had 100 more hours & 100 more towns/locations left just broke my spirit. Plus, I was kind of turned off by those two guys talking about grabbing each other's balls while fighting in the first 5 minutes. That ain't right.

No hints or spoilers for these modules please. Thank you. :)
@JackOfOwls; , yep, took around 100 hours and a friend giving me hints now and again to beat it. It was pretty fun actually, very much an adventure style RPG or something like planescape torment where u had a lot of key item interaction. my friend and i enjoyed it quite a bit. :)

Out of curiosity, have you seen a lot of visual improvement with the latest NWN update? From what I saw on Beamdog's website, it looked rather impressive.

Were you already using this latest version when you recorded your last videos?
I keep reading about this visual upgrade but it's just some new filters. Similar to how Resade and ENB work for a variety games nowadays. Nothing revolutionary.

Out of curiosity, have you seen a lot of visual improvement with the latest NWN update? From what I saw on Beamdog's website, it looked rather impressive.

Were you already using this latest version when you recorded your last videos?

Keep in mind I'm using the android version. It looks very clean, nice and sharp on my samsung $800 tablet (i forget the model, heh.)

I keep reading about this visual upgrade but it's just some new filters. Similar to how Resade and ENB work for a variety games nowadays. Nothing revolutionary.

it's more than that couch, they are actually redoing the entire rendering engine, lighting and more. the lighting has been upgraded recently i believe. but unfortunately the android version is a bit behind the pc version in terms of updates.

it's more than that couch, they are actually redoing the entire rendering engine, lighting and more. the lighting has been upgraded recently i believe. but unfortunately the android version is a bit behind the pc version in terms of updates.
Good but there forgetting one thing new textures are needed a well. Just upgrading rendering which is essentially filters/D3D will not be enough. Still yes it looks better.

Not as good as NWN2 though. That's a completely different engine then Aurora.:p

Keep in mind I'm using the android version. It looks very clean, nice and sharp on my samsung $800 tablet (i forget the model, heh.)
I see, that's probably not relevant for PC users then. But wow, impressive, I saw they were supporting Android, but it's good to know it's actually working well!

I was hesitating to buy the new Enhanced Edition when it was on sale, that's why I asked.
Good but there forgetting one thing new textures are needed a well. Just upgrading rendering which is essentially filters/D3D will not be enough. Still yes it looks better.

Not as good as NWN2 though. That's a completely different engine then Aurora.:p
Yeah, Aurora's not the most recent engine.. But I still prefer the overall handling in NWN (at least my old Diamond edition), I've tried NWN2:EE again recently and I really had to fight the controls and reconfigure everything. When turning with the keyboard, there's apparently a well-known bug that makes your character turn randomly when you stop, thus facing a random direction. It's driving me mad ;)

So instead of the usual, old-NWN-fashioned way of moving the character with the keyboard, I'm using the other way by click-pointing with the mouse. It leads to other issues sometimes, though.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling :) So that's another interesting campaign worth trying.

I see, that's probably not relevant for PC users then. But wow, impressive, I saw they were supporting Android, but it's good to know it's actually working well!

I was hesitating to buy the new Enhanced Edition when it was on sale, that's why I asked.

Yeah, Aurora's not the most recent engine.. But I still prefer the overall handling in NWN (at least my old Diamond edition), I've tried NWN2:EE again recently and I really had to fight the controls and reconfigure everything. When turning with the keyboard, there's apparently a well-known bug that makes your character turn randomly when you stop, thus facing a random direction. It's driving me mad ;)

So instead of the usual, old-NWN-fashioned way of moving the character with the keyboard, I'm using the other way by click-pointing with the mouse. It leads to other issues sometimes, though.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling :) So that's another interesting campaign worth trying.
Yep always hated the controls and shadow rendering bugs with the Electron Engine.

@TheRealFluent let me know when you finish the prophet series. I loved them all and yeah I wont give any more clues of hints. You should try The Bastard of Kosigan series next.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom