C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
One more. There are some good points about the current reviews in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/12/06/a-warning-about-cyberpunk-2077-reviews/

They will definitely be biased, but I think it is safe to assume that the game will not be "ready" on the release day. Probably best to wait to play it until some time next year or then replay it when it is finished. I'll choose the former. No point spoiling the enjoyment because of bugs. Did that with Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Regreted both times…

Okay, I'm gonna watch it and post exact minutes where he talks about tthat thing we all want to know: getting laid. :evilgrin:

Haha, that will be inevitable, indeed.

Yea… I stopped caring about PCGamer singleplayer games reviews ages ago. Sorry.

I don't read them literally. Just tend to agree with the general tone in those articles and they do not always lick the big companies. Not calling them critical, but like those better than IGN or Gamespot, etc. large publishers.

Pre-load is also now available in GoG.
Yes it is, says Install in GOG Galaxy. Thanks for heads up.
59Gb for those who wonder how big.

Nice to share useless links.
My proxy banned tweeter.

There's some confusion as to whether these reviewers were playing with the day one patch. If not, that would obviously address some of these issues.

I say all the time that I'm much more tolerant of bugs and giltches than most. For one example among many, I've had almost zero issues with AC: Valhalla, which some would have one believe is a mess. Launch day Cyberpunk 2077 will be yet another test of that.

There's some confusion as to whether these reviewers were playing with the day one patch. If not, that would obviously address some of these issues.

I say all the time that I'm much more tolerant of bugs and giltches than most. For one example among many, I've had almost zero issues with AC: Valhalla, which some would have one believe is a mess. Launch day Cyberpunk 2077 will be yet another test of that.

PC Gamer argues that they had day 1 patch but as said I am very critical of "critical reviews". They are almost always biased. Time will show and I look forward to hearing whether the game is playable from other watchers as I do not have time to play it anyway this year.

PS. I also thought AC: Valhalla was almost bugless. I am tolerant of bugs but not of game-breaking ones as in Kingdom Come. With that one I had to wait for patches to be able to continue the main story.

I'm just piecing this together, so I dunno. But supposedly there's the base download (of 59.47gb (which I can verify, as I've downloaded that myself), an additional 43 or so gigabyte "patch", and then another day one patch of unreported size that perhaps nobody has yet seen. I think it's possible (not certain, but possible) that the work they've done in the additional 3 weeks they gave themselves with the last delay has not been reflected in reviews at this point.

We'll all find out soon. I'm looking forward not only to the game, but to not having to think or worry about any of this anymore.

PC Gamer argues that they had day 1 patch
Reviewers did not receive day1 patch.
They did receive midway patch that addressed mostly performance issues and not gameplay/quests bugs.
But... As I said... Reviews from that site don't interest me.

Reviewers did not receive day1 patch.

I don't really care what interests you but here's what they say in their article (as of time of the writing, they edited the text already once):

We received a 50GB patch during our review period. CDPR referred to this patch as the Day 0 patch. When asked for clarification whether the patch be what players were receiving at launch, a CDPR representative told us that the Day 0 patch is what people will be experiencing on launch day. It is the Day 1 patch, only different in name. More fixes will be rolled into the Day 0 (Day 1) patch, but we cannot specify exactly what.

I tend to agree with PC Gamer reviews. 78/100 because of bugs. Sounds like we'll wait until the game is fixed.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-review

I told them to bake it a little more but they didn't listen to me.

Man, once upon a time I was very hyped for this game. Don't get me wrong, I'll still end up playing it, but I don't consider myself "very hyped" at this moment. Heck, I didn't even preorder it. I'll wait for bugs to be fixed and perhaps a little discount, why not?

I just don't know how my PC will fare running this game (16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 TI, 1080p).

PS: A commend to PC Gamer for taking points of their score due to bugs. If other reviewers/gaming sites always did this, the current situation in which we customers find ourselves, that is, serving as beta testers for the gaming industry, could be a little improved.

Last edited:
I don't really care what interests you but here's what they say in their article (as of time of the writing, they edited the text already once):

Quote from Eurogamer:

"We've spent around 40 hours in Night City so far and will be delivering our final verdict later in the week. In addition to wanting to spend a bit more time with the game, the pre-launch build we have has some stability and performance issues, and we'd prefer to give CD Projekt a little more time to squash bugs and get the experience to the same level players will see later this week."

This is consistent with what the majority of outlets (and CDPR) are saying. How much difference that patch will make, who knows. But it is clear to me that the build these reviews are based on is near-final, but not launch final.

I just don't know how my PC will fare running this game (16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 TI, 1080p).
I doubt it will have many problems, that's better than the recommended, isn't it? Unless your CPU (which you don't mention) is a bit poo.

Edit: 1070ti is at least 50% better than 1060 (the recommended) and way better than the minimum (GTX 780).
If you can't run it, then my RX580 will have no show.

Just to throw a little more spice into the mix: I preloaded it a few days ago on my Xbox. 59.47gb. I just looked to see if there were any updates, and there was, a 15.4 one.

Yeah, it's definite that I'll not touch it for a year or two. This is what SkillUp has said:
https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1335999301382639618

s1DNjb0.png

8zmuqZu.png

Bugs? Impossible. They should have forced the crunching for every employee over at CDPR ;)

I doubt it will have many problems, that's better than the recommended, isn't it? Unless your CPU (which you don't mention) is a bit poo.

Edit: 1070ti is at least 50% better than 1060 (the recommended) and way better than the minimum (GTX 780).
If you can't run it, then my RX580 will have no show.

Sorry, I really forgot that info. CPU is Ryzem 7 2700X.

Back
Top Bottom