C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
i dont know who the fuck skill up is and i dont give a flying fuck what he says, gonna enjoy the game in 3 days

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsro...ings-and-graphic-options-in-pc-version/zf29ac

Just another person that got to play it before release and that also confirms there's plenty of bugs to be had. He said he enjoyed his time a lot, but the bugs did make things uglier than they had to be. Pretty much the same sentiment that Yong displayed.

Perosonally, I don't mind as long as they fix most of them. I remember Witcher 3 also having its fair share of bugs, which were eventually patched out. So if they do the same with Cyberpunk, and in 1-2 years I get to have the full game + expansions, all polished and ready to go, I'm a happy camper. Regardless, they already have my money on both Steam and GOG.

I hope it won't affect their bottom line too much, them releasing it like this.

This is all really driving home for me that game reviews maybe aren't very relevant anymore, in a lot of cases. Cramming these very large games into a few days or a week of playing isn't comparable to what it's like to actually play such a game. It's different for something like a movie or a book. A reviewer of those things experiences them in exactly the same way, and at the same pace, as anyone else.

Add to that the common nature of day one patches and the fact that reviewers aren't playing the same game consumers will at launch just adds to their irrelevancy. Add to that the frenzy to post things as soon as possible for clicks and views, and the over-abundance (in my opinion) of barely qualified reviewers that the internet and Youtube in particular have brought about, and I'll take what they say these days with a barrel of salt.

I do at least kind of trust Yong Yea. So it's pretty damn buggy, apparently, though again I don't think he's played with the last patch that will be released at launch. He does say he thought the content was very good for the most part, and he's been as hyped for this game as I have, so his expectations were no doubt pretty high. So that's good.

Didn't expect it not to be buggy given the news we've had in past months about the crunch and all that. Don't really care though, it will get patched.

Emergency delayed until Dec 10 next year because of too many bugs?
Not really no, that didn't stop Skyrim either.
Speaking of Skyrim... And why it wasn't delayed...
Makesme suspect the whole thing is about "too many" story. ;)

Cyberpunk 2077 - Tabletop RPG’s Road From 2020 to the Year 2077
When Mike Pondsmith crafted his tabletop RPG system in 1988, the year we live in today seemed like a distant, unforeseeable future. Now, let's see how this rulebook and its setting became the background for the Cyberpunk 2077 game from CD PROJEKT RED.
Cyberpunk 2077 Review Megathread - Reddit

Really not surprised we've been told for the last year it's short, buggy, and unoptimized as hell. I'm sure CDPR will continue to patch the game just like they did Witcher III.

Also on consoles it has a 46GB Day 0 patch and another larger Day 1 patch on the way. Those who pre-load on Steam or GOG just have to worry about the Day 1 patch.

The following are just for some entertainment value for anyone interested.:biggrin:

Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews TRASH & Justify Low Scores But FAIL

Woke Journalists HATE Cyberpunk 2077! They Want CD Projekt Red To Fail

Giant Bomb - Jeff & Jeff Jack Into Cyberpunk 2077

The guys from Giant Bomb, one of my favorite gaming podcast/group, are also talking about it. Man, the level of jank really seems unbelievable. And they don't sound like bugs and glitches that you'd not know about, as a developer. They're not exactly random stuff. From what they're saying some of the issues are just constant. Which means the game was rushed to be launched, and maybe they were hoping to fix these issues until release (some of them might even be fixed by the day 1 patch; but I doubt that all of them).

They must really be pressured to release it. I'm guessing it's really burning a hole in their budget, otherwise I don't see a reason to not give it another year and have it come out better. They don't have a publisher pressuring them, so it must be that they've spent a boatload of money on the game already, and management might be afraid that if they give in again, and delay it again, they'll just be in the same place next year. So they probably just set a hard deadline for themselves, shipping it whether snow or rain. With the plan to improve it along the way.

They must really be pressured to release it. I'm guessing it's really burning a hole in their budget, otherwise I don't see a reason to not give it another year and have it come out better. They don't have a publisher pressuring them, so it must be that they've spent a boatload of money on the game already, and management might be afraid that if they give in again, and delay it again, they'll just be in the same place next year. So they probably just set a hard deadline for themselves, shipping it whether snow or rain.
They really have no choice that's a fact. Like I said above to many leaks, retailers shipped the game early, and they have a fan-base getting more similar to Bio-Ware's.

CDPR should have delayed the game by six months/ a year instead of only an extra month. The last conference call futher stressed they needed to work on the tech side.

Basically they need to restructure and work better. People also need to remember CDPR has no publisher or outside help. The entire game was published and made by them.

Many employees also stressed they started work on some systems to late as well. So it's safe to assume it's might be an example of bad mismanagement. That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, they’re in a tough bind. Another year would have helped a lot.

From what the guys at Giantbomb are discussing it seems CP will suffer some of the itemization and balancing issues that Witcher 3 had, where it all seems very random and not tightly designed in what items you get and when, and how balancing of difficulty works. They said some of the gameplay systems feel more like flavours and are superfluous, and that you can pretty much ignore them all and just run and gun through most situations. I imagine difficulty also plays a role into this, but considering the bugs the game has, I would think serious balancing was less of a priority compared to fixing various glitches. I hope they’re able to pull it off in the end.

Just another person that got to play it before release and that also confirms there's plenty of bugs to be had. He said he enjoyed his time a lot, but the bugs did make things uglier than they had to be. Pretty much the same sentiment that Yong displayed.

The only thing their reviews confirm is their own personal experience. I learned a long time ago not to read too much into the experience of reviewers on any given game.

It's different with console games where you're on fixed hardware. With PC games though, it's impossible to know what your experience is going to be based on someone else's.

Giant Bomb - Jeff & Jeff Jack Into Cyberpunk 2077

The guys from Giant Bomb, one of my favorite gaming podcast/group, are also talking about it. Man, the level of jank really seems unbelievable. And they don't sound like bugs and glitches that you'd not know about, as a developer. They're not exactly random stuff. From what they're saying some of the issues are just constant. Which means the game was rushed to be launched, and maybe they were hoping to fix these issues until release (some of them might even be fixed by the day 1 patch; but I doubt that all of them).

They must really be pressured to release it. I'm guessing it's really burning a hole in their budget, otherwise I don't see a reason to not give it another year and have it come out better. They don't have a publisher pressuring them, so it must be that they've spent a boatload of money on the game already, and management might be afraid that if they give in again, and delay it again, they'll just be in the same place next year. So they probably just set a hard deadline for themselves, shipping it whether snow or rain. With the plan to improve it along the way.
From my (limited) work with large corporations, it is very likely that the publisher and the dev companies operate entirely independent from one another.

As such, they must have been very pressured to release by cdpr publishing arm due to continued losses.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

0yy01l9u50461.jpg

A new message by CDPR was included in the launch trailer
Here is the transcript:

Quote:

The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It’s been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way.

We know there’s a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we've lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn’t titled ‘The Witcher’, we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours and become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077. offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make though impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you played/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us how your V was.

Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story.

CD PROJEKT RED team

Thanks for the news @porcozaur;! I personally did not like the trailer that much. It lacked something while it should have been the best trailer we have seen yet. Anyway, I could not be more excited. It sucks that I can't play the game this year but I am trying to think positive. Perhaps some of the bugs will be fixed when I'll get the time to play it :)

Expansions sound good. Hopefully, there will be many. There will also be the online game. Possibly after the expansions are out.

"Immersion" and "story-driven" are the keywords that make me tick :p

I liked the trailer. Not sure what else they could have put in it.

I almost wish I hadn't watched it though. I wasn't aware that...

there are underwater areas

which is really cool. I think I would have preferred that to be a surprise.

@JDR13; I quoted your post to thank you for mentioning there were spoilers in there and in so doing, I saw the text you spoiler tagged. Oops! I did already know that from the last 5 minute trailer they did, so no harm done. I haven't watched (and won't watch) this new one because one day out, I am very ready to see everything else for myself. I'm done with even promo stuff like this.

Seems the review copies on Steam used Denuvo DRM to stop leaks. So they learned a few things from the console leaks. Only one more day to play my beloved GOG copy.:drool:

Cyberpunk 2077: Does It Live Up to the Hype?

After eight years and numerous delays, CD Projekt Red's eagerly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 is finally here. The question on everyone's lips is: Does Cyberpunk live up to the hype?

Back
Top Bottom