What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna shelf Hitman 2 until 3 comes out on steam. Apparently 3 will also introduce new challenges in previous levels. I'm in no hurry to play this now, so I'd rather way for the full package since I hear that's going to be the last game in this new series. Also, levels in 1 and 2 will likely have things to gain from being played in 3's modified engine.

So, I started on Wolfenstein The Old Blood, since this was something I started a while ago but never finished. And this is a weird one. On the one hand I love the old-school shooter mechanics. But on the other, they managed to shoot themselves in the foot using the awful save system that console games usually feature. God dammit, I hate checkpoint saves. Awful.

The Little Acre is a very charming game, a bit short, but I liked it very much ! :)

Kinda bored of games lately, so I started a run through the original Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Restoration of Erathia campains. I finished the human and devils campaign. The devils campaign was funny, as the purpose is to conquer a particular town on the map within 3 months.

And I've restarted that a couple of times since I kept messing up. This last time though, I proceeded to head to that castle right after the first month ended. And the funny thing is, the AI hero that was guarding that town made a bad decision and left the town for just a turn. And I was within range to just slip in and take it and win the scenario with no losses. It was funny that I kept hitting my head against the wall trying to amass a lot of forces, and in the end I finished it by exploiting the AI.

Morrowind on XSX (also on every platform imaginable, sans Playstation)
Yup, that's right. I'm replaying a nearly 20 year old game on a super-duper next-gen console, able to crank out 12 teraflops.

It feels extremely satisfying. ;)

Found out about a workaround into getting the old-school American McGee's Alice in Wonderland game from the 2000s to work perfectly on Windows 10. Apparently the Origin sequel version of Madness Returns can be configured to run the old version of Alice. So I managed to play a little bit. But man, are the controls clunky. I always wanted to finish these games, but I might not have the patience right now.

You may find that silly, but I have replayed it in the past, probably because it's the first game of the genre I played and which got me hooked. You could say there is some sentimental value in it :)

But yes, Tomi Undergallows… it's probably best replay it as rogue to do without him ;)

sure, nothing wrong with replaying the OC. i played up until the point you leave the city and enjoyed it a lot, never saw what was 'wrong' or dissatisfying about the original campaign. it was a fun, TRUE d&d experience. i'll probably go back and finish it someday, but the user modules, my God...i have 300+ of them downloaded and I end up adding more each day almost. Really crazy amounts of cool campaigns! :)

sure, nothing wrong with replaying the OC. i played up until the point you leave the city and enjoyed it a lot, never saw what was 'wrong' or dissatisfying about the original campaign. it was a fun, TRUE d&d experience. i'll probably go back and finish it someday, but the user modules, my God…i have 300+ of them downloaded and I end up adding more each day almost. Really crazy amounts of cool campaigns! :)
Yes, it's impressive, enough for a lifetime.

It was a smart move from games like Doom, Half-Life, NWN, to let the users mod them so heavily or make whole campaigns. I'm not sure that would still work now, it's become much more complex and there are just so many games anyway.

Yes, it's impressive, enough for a lifetime.

It was a smart move from games like Doom, Half-Life, NWN, to let the users mod them so heavily or make whole campaigns. I'm not sure that would still work now, it's become much more complex and there are just so many games anyway.

well i think the spirit is still there. modders want to tell stories, etc.. I'm hoping for games like knights of the chalice 2, that people spend time and make campaigns with the toolset. personally, i'd rather play 20 great campaigns of NWN than play 20 different games, but that's just me.

well i think the spirit is still there. modders want to tell stories, etc.. I'm hoping for games like knights of the chalice 2, that people spend time and make campaigns with the toolset. personally, i'd rather play 20 great campaigns of NWN than play 20 different games, but that's just me.
That would depend on the games, but NWN is good, it's nice to enjoy it longer with all those campaigns!

I hope they'll eventually release tools to make campaigns for Pathfinder, but it's more complicated than a stand-alone executable since it involves the Unity development environment.

That would depend on the games, but NWN is good, it's nice to enjoy it longer with all those campaigns!

I hope they'll eventually release tools to make campaigns for Pathfinder, but it's more complicated than a stand-alone executable since it involves the Unity development environment.

campaigns for pathfinder would be amaaaazing. but i honestly think Knights of the Chalice 2 is the one. it has potential if the toolset is easy to use and enough people are interested in using it, because it has an excellent ruleset and implementation. Modders could really go crazy with that one. but any good base that has campaigns is always welcomed. I'm currently also playing FRUA campaigns and having a blast. :)

How is Tactics Ogre? I can trade for it, but am holding back because it is so rare that it becomes 'expensive'.
Masterful turn-based strategy with the best art and fantastic writing I've ever seen. Cannot decide if the sprite animations are better or the phenomenal writing.
A real game made with real innovations. The story is unbelievably good, I think. I only don't play it, because the author of the best ever mod has not declared his awesome work final & feature-complete:
One Vision mod for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Mod DB

@txa1265; - Tactics Ogre is da BOMB! Beautiful, maybe the most beautiful pixel art ever. Fantastic story with actual CHOICES that change the path COMPLETELY. So many characters to recruit, some come, some leave, it's very dynamic. Excellent combat with high stakes each time as characters can permadie for most of the game. Just a great, great game. One of my very short list of all-time favorites!

If it's your first time u are in for a treat. Hope u enjoy! :party:

Morrowind with the latest mods installed.
Just managed to antagonize the creator of the mod "Beautiful Cities" complaining about how his collection completely broke my full installation of the "myriad amazing morrowind" mods that took me long-long days to learn to install & balance and tweak properly. :-o He will probably be my arch-enemy on Steam, when we publish our game. :/

This is my third attempt in the last couple of years to restart a run through the Splinter Cell series, as I never got past Chaos Theory. And each time I try to restart from the first in the series, and each time I end my attempt during the first mission.

I don't know if I'm tired, or just can't put up with waiting around for each npc to turn so I can sneak past, but I just lose steam. Maybe it's time to accept I'm never gonna get through it.

I've delved back into Spiderweb games after many years. I'm nearing the end of the first Avernum (I've previously played the first bit of all six but never gone very far into any of them), and I'm also partway through Geneforge 1 (I've finished two of the five in the past). I picked them all up cheap through either Steam, or in GOG's recent RPG sale. The only game I didn't get was Queen's Wish, which I do want to try at some point.

Well, seems I managed to get back on the horse. I'm on the 3rd mission in Splinter Cell. It's really interesting going back over them, since I have some vague memories of some of the moments, and it's fun reseeing them in their true light vs what I remembered them to be. I definitely remembered most of them in a better light than they actually are.

Also it's funny actually paying attention to the plot. Georgia, under a ruthless president that got hold of the country via a coup, invades Azerbaijan for its oil reserves. Hilarious, if you consider who's trying to stop that from happening. A spy from the NSA. :D

I'm playing Ortharion project. This is a game where the author constantly increases difficulty while his audience mostly never clears level 10. We're talking level 100 where creatures can do 5400% more damage than normal. Not sure why they do that as the game is decently hard at standard difficulty. I would not suggest playing this, really. I was just bored.

*Sheltering myself from the rotten tomatoes*

Red dead redemption 2.

It's not an RPG, true. The controls suck, true. Still, it's a great game if you focus on the story and atmosphere. It's like a good western movie. I love the slow pace of it. Never managed to finish the game because it's so long and slow. Will see if I manage this time...

This is a "game you're playing now" thread, not an RPG you're playing now thread, so rotten tomatoes should be in short supply. RDR 2 is a great game indeed. I loved the exploration aspect of it. My biggest issue was twofold: two many constraints on how you did main missions (so easy to fail/break them), and underserving so many members of the cast. There are characters in your camp that you do a mission or two with early on and then practically never see again. Actually, three.. I didn't like the structure. Those epilogues are very anticlimactic. Once you know who did you know what, I lost a lot of interest, though there are good moments to come.

Back
Top Bottom