Star Citizen - New Videos

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Twinfinite Some new videos for Star Citizen which show the Orison Landing Zone & Visual Degradation system.

The first video showcases the new Orison landing zone that will finally bring a visitable location on Crusader, the gas giant in the Stanton System.

Due to the nature of the planet, it will be a complex of floating platforms, creating a very unique environment.

We also get to take a first look at the visual degradation system, that will add dynamic dirt and wear to our ships.

The second video features a round table with the development team discussing the development of landing zones.

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Neat, new concepts went from a good thing to a bad thing years ago. I don't hear "cool, floating city" now. Instead, I hear "new reason why you won't see the game release for at least another year."

Almost eleven years now and it's still not finished.:p

I skipped the part "nostalgia of a wonderful development experience with appropriate music" :p

The accumulating dirt and flying in weather / dirt environment is a nice touch!

I really like the whole idea of this game, it appeals to me, except there is no SP mode - not sure whether Frontier Development has removed the SP mode from Elite as well or not, it was a debate a few years back. I haven't followed the whole development of Star Citizen but I suppose Chris Robert is afraid SP wouldn't earn enough money? Though the universe could serve as a base for campaigns, missions, buyable modules as in DCS or IL-2, so we know it's a viable model.

Anyway, the main problem seems to be the lack of management to get a proper release schedule, so the SP/MP issue is just rhetorical, who knows, maybe they'll delay the game to add an SP mode ;)

I see that Elite Dangerous Odyssey releases an open alpha end of the month and is aiming at an Autumn release. In this new DLC you can finally get out of the ship and explore or do missions on the planets, so it may be a good alternative to the never-to-be-completed Star Citizen, though Elite is not very realistic about the physics and has a very painfully long gameplay before getting any interesting ship.

I thought this might be a video of Chris Roberts waterskiing in Fiji again.
ow8lceayov741.png

Elite made s pretty universe that is a terrible grind. Maybe it'd be more fun if I could waterski in it.

Not sure. I was guessing so.

I normally avoid answering a question with a question, but how much have they collected in their never-ending fundraising campaign?

I skipped the part "nostalgia of a wonderful development experience with appropriate music" :p

The accumulating dirt and flying in weather / dirt environment is a nice touch!

I really like the whole idea of this game, it appeals to me, except there is no SP mode - not sure whether Frontier Development has removed the SP mode from Elite as well or not, it was a debate a few years back. I haven't followed the whole development of Star Citizen but I suppose Chris Robert is afraid SP wouldn't earn enough money? Though the universe could serve as a base for campaigns, missions, buyable modules as in DCS or IL-2, so we know it's a viable model.

Anyway, the main problem seems to be the lack of management to get a proper release schedule, so the SP/MP issue is just rhetorical, who knows, maybe they'll delay the game to add an SP mode ;)

What? The game has a single player mode.

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-citizens-singleplayer-mode-will-be-done-when-it-is-done/

I normally avoid answering a question with a question, but how much have they collected in their never-ending fundraising campaign?
At least $413M that we know of - $349.4M from crowdfunding as of today (going by the counter on their website), plus $63.25M from a private investor as of early last year that I don't believe was ever included in the counter. Most of it has already been spent.

I gave them money for the SP part back in the begining, can i ask for a refund? I dont even follow the news from this game anymore.

I gave them money for the SP part back in the begining, can i ask for a refund? I dont even follow the news from this game anymore.
I suppose you could ask them, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009884367-Close-my-RSI-account
Accounts with no completed orders can be deactivated by request. These requests must be made via the registered email address on the RSI account that is being closed.

If there are completed orders present, we can still close or shut down the account; however, any pledges or orders placed more than 30 days in the past or that have been gifted to another player will not be refunded.

I still have an Avenger, actually, and some items that accumulated along with the years like birthday packs, commemorative coins and who knows what else :D

Not even sure that would give access to Squadron 42.

413M$? Wow, that's a staggering amount of money. In comparison:
"According to CD Projekt Red interview, the Witcher 3 had a budget of US$34 million."

What are they doing with all that money?

Back
Top Bottom