Age of Fear 4 - Released

Sigh, not sure why you are acting like this.

I asked a question regarding GoG.

You replied to me with information about Steam.

Now, communication is a pretty complicated thing at the best of times, but one can usually pick-up what is the most relevant part of a post quite easily by the use of keywords. My use of the word 'GoG' is a good hint that a reply should include the word 'GoG'. However, you replied to me without any mention of GoG but instead used the keyword 'Steam'.

However, I'm aware you are talking to me and expecting me to reply, due to the fact that you quoted me.

Now, how do I reply?

"Thank-you for that information, however, it is useless to me"?
"Interesting information that, I'm sure it will be useful to someone!"?

etc

Or do I predict that you might be offended at the slightest hint that what you are talking to me about is irrelevant? How do I communicate to you 'nicely' in a way that both suggests what you have said is completely irrelevant and that you shouldn't need to feel defensive about your unusual reply?

Well, I thought I did a pretty good job in that. If anything I thought the next logical reply, if you were actually trying to converse with me about the topic I raised, would be along the lines of "What option is it that GoG has that Steam doesn't, I don't understand".

However, your reply was that you thought I might be unaware of the sale.

This clearly implies you are still not aware that your reply was completely irrelevant to the conversation you were having. It seems my first reply didn't have the effect of letting you 'politely' understand that you are not contributing to the question with any relevancy.

So I did a funny.

Hope that helps.

SIGH

So, played the first couple of missions, pretty easy but expected for a tutorial…like the idea of looking for hidden chests etc.

Normal difficulty is tuned on the easy side. For a challenge choose Hard. Hope u enjoy! :)

edit - also, make sure u turn on Auto-collect loot after battles in the options screen. That way u don't have to bust the chests open.

Normal difficulty is tuned on the easy side. For a challenge choose Hard. Hope u enjoy! :)

edit - also, make sure u turn on Auto-collect loot after battles in the options screen. That way u don't have to bust the chests open.

I was watching one guy on Youtube playing it and he chose to always manually loot. He didn't really go into any definite detail as to why, but he said he just enjoyed looting manually, but then he went on to say stuff about hidden treasure and making sure you looked in every nook and cranny.

If there's auto-looting, surely that would be a mechanical clash with a hidden treasure mechanic? Does the auto-looting also pick up the hidden treasure?

I was watching one guy on Youtube playing it and he chose to always manually loot. He didn't really go into any definite detail as to why, but he said he just enjoyed looting manually, but then he went on to say stuff about hidden treasure and making sure you looked in every nook and cranny.

If there's auto-looting, surely that would be a mechanical clash with a hidden treasure mechanic? Does the auto-looting also pick up the hidden treasure?

I think it does, yeah. It's just an option for those who want to auto-collect it. However, enemies often carry items that can only be stolen. They won't drop them after battle, so if u want them u have to steal them.

Oh man, I'm a huge fan of the auto-collect feature. My eyesight flat-out sucks, so it's nice to have an option like this available. I'm great with letters and words, not so good at spotting bags or chests of loot lying around, as I'm reminded of often while playing Pathfinder.

Oh man, I'm a huge fan of the auto-collect feature. My eyesight flat-out sucks, so it's nice to have an option like this available. I'm great with letters and words, not so good at spotting bags or chests of loot lying around, as I'm reminded of often while playing Pathfinder.

yeah, it's a great feature, i use it too! U would like this game carni, if you're up to face a devilish and deviously tricky AI (play on Hard, it's sooooo good! :) )

i'd have to ask Les about that. i'll get back to u with an answer. :)

edit - Les says they are very picky. He's tried 3 times. I'm going to email GOG tomorrow and talk to them about it. Maybe it would help to hear from a big fan of the series.

Did they ever get back to you?

I just sent it. Will let u guys know if I hear back!

So, you got me to buy a couple more...they are also on sale in humble bundle(for those that care) I know own the first 3 and dlc.

So, you got me to buy a couple more…they are also on sale in humble bundle(for those that care) I know own the first 3 and dlc.

awesome, rune! :) They are great fun, I really hope u enjoy them all! And if u play on Hard or even your first runs on Normal, don't give up if u find yourself losing some units, etc.. It's expected to lose units. I lost many in both campaigns I've played thus far, but can still finish the games. The key is to get good at the game, it really presents itself like chess and u must act wisely or proceed to get romped upon. I am by no means great at them but I'm learning as I go, and it's a real joy to see that progress. Enjoy! <3 :)

Also, if you are into this style of game and haven't checked out low magic age you really should...it is still in early access but they are making progress....I would say it is a mix of gold box style combat/battle brothers/and these games....

Also, if you are into this style of game and haven't checked out low magic age you really should…it is still in early access but they are making progress….I would say it is a mix of gold box style combat/battle brothers/and these games….

yep, was following LMA for years and then recently picked it up in a sale. I'll give it a go sometime, for sure. :)

Nod, I purchased Low Magic Age about two years ago, have yet to play it because of the early access thingie. Once that's finished and behind them, I know I'll be checking it out, looks like it should be great fun.

Nod, I purchased Low Magic Age about two years ago, have yet to play it because of the early access thingie. Once that's finished and behind them, I know I'll be checking it out, looks like it should be great fun.

There is a pretty good game there already....I want them to add more to the dungeon exploring but battles are very gold box right now.

He's been reworking and tweaking things in 4 to make it sweeter. Recently added Camouflage as a skill, so u can shoot from invisibility and not be seen! Dryad Huntress, Goblin Assassin and Ranger have this ability, and the Sniper Pistol for Angela has been reworked to include this ability. The Sniper Pistol in general is nicer now, Triple Damage (+1 if Fire Pistol is dual wielded), Precision, Sniper Shot (long range), and Camouflage. Very cool. :)

I'm near the end of the campaign now after finishing both DLCs, so it's time to wrap it up soon! Just been taking it slowly and enjoying it. Time to find this Iron Killer once and for all! :)

He's been reworking and tweaking things in 4 to make it sweeter. Recently added Camouflage as a skill, so u can shoot from invisibility and not be seen! Dryad Huntress, Goblin Assassin and Ranger have this ability, and the Sniper Pistol for Angela has been reworked to include this ability. The Sniper Pistol in general is nicer now, Triple Damage (+1 if Fire Pistol is dual wielded), Precision, Sniper Shot (long range), and Camouflage. Very cool. :)

I'm near the end of the campaign now after finishing both DLCs, so it's time to wrap it up soon! Just been taking it slowly and enjoying it. Time to find this Iron Killer once and for all! :)

Cool...I have been playing the first one...just killed the black dragon and got some cool stuff. I find the games interface is a bit wonky that you click and not much response....there area bunch of different ways to render it too. My sound has failed a few times as well...

Cool…I have been playing the first one…just killed the black dragon and got some cool stuff. I find the games interface is a bit wonky that you click and not much response….there area bunch of different ways to render it too. My sound has failed a few times as well…

are u playing GOLD or original? and yeah, the interface is a bit wonky in that it doesn't register clicks all the time. small price to pay for extremely great greatness of a game. :p

are u playing GOLD or original? and yeah, the interface is a bit wonky in that it doesn't register clicks all the time. small price to pay for extremely great greatness of a game. :p

gold.

Back
Top Bottom