What games are you playing now?

They completely changded the combat system between Thea 1&2, so you could watch a bit of each in action and see which you prefer. I preferred the system in 1 myself, but it's more of a "card game" than 2. The rest of the game is largely the same in how they play. And no, you don't have to have played 1 to play 2.
I tried number 2 and it just didn't work for me. All the mechanics seemed better if looked at it in their own but they didn't seem to fit as well as in number 1.

Can't really explain it.

Everything sounds fun except the card game battles. Hmm. I guess I could watch some clips to see how they work. Thanks for a detailed reply!

Indeed. I was interested until I read the word "card battle". It's a big turn off for me.

Indeed. I was interested until I read the word "card battle". It's a big turn off for me.

You could try it, like I did, and possibly get used to it and think it is cool, like I also did. :D I mean, your characters are represented as cards, so it's not *that* abstract a system. It's not like you're pulling Magic cards from a deck or anything, it's your characters and their abilities, equipment, etc.. Pretty cool stuff actually.

You could try it, like I did, and possibly get used to it and think it is cool, like I also did. :D I mean, your characters are represented as cards, so it's not *that* abstract a system. It's not like you're pulling Magic cards from a deck or anything, it's your characters and their abilities, equipment, etc.. Pretty cool stuff actually.

I miss the time when most game had a free demo we could try. This year, I spent too much money on game I ended up not playing more than a few hours.

Thanks for the info. I had assumed it didn't since it's so rare nowadays.

I found one for the first Thea also, but it's on Softpedia, it's a beta, and it's very (imo) buyer beware. I thought I'd point out its existence, but personally I'd stick with the official one for 2.

Cranked up Dying Light for a little bit yesterday. I haven't played it since 2016, and I wanted to see how well it holds up.

It still looks great on high settings, and the music and atmosphere are superb. It's the king of zombie apocalypse games.

@JFarrell71; and @TheRealFluent; and @Pladio;

Thanks for your input on Thea! I'll try the demo of the second and see if I enjoy it. :)

@JFarrell71; and @TheRealFluent; and @Pladio;

Thanks for your input on Thea! I'll try the demo of the second and see if I enjoy it. :)
No worries.
Hope you have fun.

Also, the first time or two it's very easy to lose. Don't get disheartened. Some of the systems are not always easy to get into.

Cranked up Dying Light for a little bit yesterday. I haven't played it since 2016, and I wanted to see how well it holds up.

It still looks great on high settings, and the music and atmosphere are superb. It's the king of zombie apocalypse games.

Would you kindly answer some doubts I asked you in this very thread (see the previous page)? Pretty please!!

Last edited:
Tell me JDR13, I know you played Dying Light before, so please if you can, take your time to answer my doubts below:

How's the exploration part in the game? Is there enough exploration in the city? Can we enter buildings etc? Is it rewarding?

Can we fight toe-to-toe against the enemies/zombies or fighting is not recommended? How is the combat part?

Parkour.... Is it nicely done? Shall we "execute" a series of QTE events in order to properly do the parkour thing? My main concern is the parkour part, I don't know if I can do it right, and I'm afraid it will spoil my fun.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. :)

Exploration is a big part of the game. A lot of buildings can be entered, and you have to search them to scavenge for supplies.

Combat is solid, and yes you can go toe-to-toe against zombies, but there are often times when you'll have to flee, especially earlier in the game.

The parkour is maybe the best I've seen in a video game. It's very fluid, and there are no onscreen prompts. It becomes second nature after awhile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sorry, I missed this post earlier. :)

Exploration is a big part of the game. A lot of buildings can be entered, and you have to search them to scavenge for supplies.

Combat is solid, and yes you can go toe-to-toe against zombies, but there are often times when you'll have to flee, especially earlier in the game.

The parkour is maybe the best I've seen in a video game. It's very fluid, and there are no onscreen prompts. It becomes second nature after awhile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you, JDR13!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll let you know when I have other questions!!

I refunded Dying Light because I couldn't do the parkour. However, I have pretty bad eyesight and my left hand isn't real accurate, due to some minor trembling. The only parkour I can do is the can't miss type like in newer AssCreeds.

I refunded Dying Light because I couldn't do the parkour. However, I have pretty bad eyesight and my left hand isn't real accurate, due to some minor trembling. The only parkour I can do is the can't miss type like in newer AssCreeds.

Funnily enough (or not) I am lefthanded when I'm writing but I can only use a mouse more precisely with my right hand. I can even play table tennis holding a racket in my right hand. But when writing and using tools like scissors, I can only use my left hand.

As for my legs, there is no way: when I was younger and I used to play football (context: I'm Brazilian so football here is a sport different from USA) I could only kick a ball with my left leg, in terms of precision and/or putting more or less potency in the kick. :p

I'm the same, only the reverse, I write with my right hand but play cricket with my left and kick a football with the left boot. For cue sports, like pool and snooker I'm right handed.

There's a famous snooker player who plays with his right hand but then always switches to his left only when he plays rest shots.

Its not ambidextricity though, only with tennis I can use both to an extent. I'm sure there's a name for it.

Sounds like cross-dominance - where people tend to favour one side over the other in different circumstances, rather than equal facility in ambidexterity.

ive been in a weird gaming funk lately - I cant seem to find satisfaction. Action-oriented games seem to stress me out. I have some stressful things going on in life/work/health right now. ​I'm like "Ok, i gotta play some chill games". I need to do some turn-based stuff for a while, i think.

Rocked some Heroes of Might & Magic 3 this morning before work, and that felt pretty good.

ive been in a weird gaming funk lately - I cant seem to find satisfaction. Action-oriented games seem to stress me out. I have some stressful things going on in life/work/health right now. ​I'm like "Ok, i gotta play some chill games". I need to do some turn-based stuff for a while, i think.

You might just be a little burned-out on action right now. You were playing AC: Odyssey for what seemed like forever.

Sorry to hear about the RL stress. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

heart palpitations. Typically benign, yet often terrifying.
So trying to overall mellow.

But yeah, i think I flew too close to the sun in Odyssey. After I play an all-consuming game like that for a while, it's hard to know what to move on to afterward. It's like that strange existential void after finishing a long netflix series binge.

I think it's important to not get stuck in the comfort zone of the old classics, as nice as it feels to fire up Majesty and stuff - it's easy to get stuck.

Get working on that massive backlog already (CALM games, that is) :D

Back
Top Bottom