Encased updates

Redglyph

SasqWatch
I'll create a thread for bits of news on Encased, rather than using past news' threads :)

Here's the game page on RPGWatch.

Dark Crystal Games have released Patch 5 hotfix for their Early Access. It's a 2.18-GB download, available both on GOG and Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3034843434631558218

Interface
  • Character Menu: Changed icons in the Piloting skill tree
  • Inventory: Fixed overlapping of items while using filters
  • Inventory: Fixed freeze when moving certain objects
  • Inventory: Added icons to display items worn by the player and his companions
  • Inventory, Barter Window: Fixed handcuffs sticking
  • Fixed a placeholder in the description of the new variant of the container interfaces
  • Lots of minor changes in the layout
  • Fixed issue with scrolling a dialogue window
  • Bomb timer: fixed window closing

AI
  • Improved behavior of characters when searching for a player who is in stealth mode
  • Fixed characters changing hostility during combat
  • Fixed the start of combat in the "Crossroads" event when the defeated man notices Lenny
  • Improved handling of the crime "Being in a restricted area"

Bugs
  • Fixed the "incorporeality" effect when exiting White Space
  • Fixed the display of quest items in containers
  • Character Creation Menu: Fixed Muscle leveling while clicking on an empty space

Gameplay mechanics
  • Fixed the ability to discard quest items
  • Balance: reduced the level of hungry rats in the basement of the cafe at the location "Roadside Picnic”
  • Balance: reduced the number of action points of the necroid in the basement of the gas station at the location "Roadside Picnic”
  • Balance: Nashville Station parking lot turrets set to level 3
  • Balance: sewerage of the "Nashville" station, lowered the level of the group of rats
  • Balance: sewerage of the "Nashville" station, reduced level of the group of cockroaches
  • Balance: -3rd floor of the "Nashville" station, lowered the level of a group of infected in the canteen, lowered the level of enemies near the communication room
  • Balance: "Concord" station, lowered the level of turrets
  • Balance: Changed the Learning curve of the "Servoshell Armor: Data Gathering System" ability
  • Roleplaying System: corrected bonus damage of the Action Hero perk
  • Roleplaying System: fixed the formula for calculating Action Points for non-player characters
  • Fixed the use of sewer manholes in servoshell armor
  • Fixed a bug while using the manhole on the -3rd floor of Nashville Station

Text
  • Fixed the description and logic of the Steam Injectors ability
  • Fixed a typo in the Tactics difficulty description
  • Fixed an error in log entry about Don Spencer's death in the Lost Caravan quest
  • Fixed the Psychonaut perk description
  • Fixed a typo in the message about a character joining a battle
  • Fixed the translation of the interface in the dialogue log tab of the PDA
  • Fixed a placeholder name for the Campbell's Station exit
  • Fixed the description of "Betamine" medicine
  • Fixed low intellect character's dialogue with Medcom-72
  • Fixed low intellect character's dialogue with Marjorie Stovard
  • Added low intellect character's dialogue with the blue car on the Concord Station
  • Fixed the display of extra brackets in the tooltip describing another character's move
  • Fixed the description of the "Analytical Mind" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Trasser" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Blood Transfusion" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Short Circuit" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Observation" perk
  • Fixed tooltips for Grenades, as well as for abilities of Medicine and Piloting skill trees

We'll see what Koch Media announces in a couple days (11 June, 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST). As reminder, if anyone wants to watch the stream, stay tuned here (I think ;)), from this tweet.
UPDATE: Nope, they're not planning to announce the precise release date :-/ still Q3 2021.

@HiddenX; @Silver; Actually they just released a dev update, could you please link that in the news? https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3034843434631558218

Last edited:
Good keep em coming. Though all I want is a release date at this point.:biggrin:

I haven't seen too many problems, and they were mostly typos or cosmetic issues, once or twice in the progression of a quest but not blocking. But only a third of Encased is available so who knows how the remaining part is. The mechanics of the game feel quite stable, much more than Solasta. Well, they started developing in 2018 so they had 3 years already :)

Stealth still needs extra tuning, I think it's still being worked on. And I haven't tried all the combat styles or even all the possible actions within a style since it requires higher char levels.

The risk could be the quests, especially in acts 2 & 3 where C&C comes into play.

Good keep em coming. Though all I want is a release date at this point.:biggrin:

We all do, when they hinted at Koch Media's stream I really believed they would finally announce a date, but no. I think they'll talk about the partnership and this new game they're about to publish; so far they have been quite discrete about Dark Crystal Games and Encased.

That really makes me wonder how those deals are handled and what is being discussed behind the curtains. :)

Well, too hot to play now anyway, a Fall release is just fine. Plenty to explore in the EA in the meantime.

We'll see about that date. I hope it comes out of EA this year. I really want to play it when it's done.
However, Koch Media has released a list of the games they're going to show. Encased is on that list, so it's definitely going to be there. And I can't wait to see it.

I estimate this has most likely another year of brewing to do before I venture in.

Yeah, it certainly isn't content complete at this point.

They were supposed to be finished already and the excuse was they found a better publisher to fund them. It was supposed to enhance the game and add voice-overs.

Seems almost every game is delayed this year.

I'll add these two new videos I shared on my thread.:D

Summer Game Fest 2021 Encased Gameplay Trailer

Encased is an old-school sci-fi post-apocalyptic RPG in development. It's a tactical sci-fi RPG set in an alternative 1970's, where an enormous and inexplicable artifact – the Dome – is discovered in a remote desert. Fight enemies, explore the anomalous wasteland, level up your character and join one of the forces in the ruined world.
Encased - Recruitment Trailer

Announce trailer for Encased: Set in an alternative 1976, a vast and inexplicable artifact – The Dome – is discovered in the remote desert and, inside, is packed to the brim with amazing technology that could advance humanity hundreds of years. But who would want to work there; watch the trailer and find out.

We're all encased in this world of unfinished test priducts sold at full price while not even having a release date.

Hence why I'm playing something like Tyranny, now. I might be behind the times a bit, yet I'd much prefer playing a game that's had some time to....season. And has all the content, rather than having it added piecemeal as time passes. I'll patiently wait for Encased as well, at least it appears to be coming along.

We're all encased in this world of unfinished test priducts sold at full price while not even having a release date.

At least, that one has a pretty good communication, the price (kickstarter was 25$, right now at 30$) is pretty fair and their Early Access is already quite enjoyable. But me too, I'm going to wait for the game to be complete before playing it again.

At least, that one has a pretty good communication, the price (kickstarter was 25$, right now at 30$) is pretty fair and their Early Access is already quite enjoyable. But me too, I'm going to wait for the game to be complete before playing it again.

I'm not a big fan of EA, but I think these guys are doing it the right way. Several of the devs are very active on the Steam forums, and they're quick to answer any questions without sugarcoating things.

Plus, I have no problem with a new developer using EA. It's when you have an established developer, (I won't mention any names here for fear of stirring up the fan boys/girls ;)), that already has multiple successful games under their belt and yet still uses EA to raise more money that I get annoyed.

I'll add these two new videos I shared on my thread.:D
Thanks! Yeah, I submitted the trailer yesterday for the news, along with the new dev studio for Solasta. That should popup at some point ;)

It's not the full price, it's currently -20% on GOG, currently 20 EUR (haven't checked in GBP). I think it's not expensive, considering.

It's not the full price, it's currently -20% on GOG, currently 20 EUR (haven't checked in GBP). I think it's not expensive, considering.

You realise how screwed up we are when you're being charged £20 to alpha/beta test a broken, dysfunctional, unfinished product, and there are people publicly posting "it's not expensive", actually thinking that they're getting a good deal.

Sad sheep we are. We will be tamed by our masters to accept anything as the norm and actually be thankful for it.

PS: Not taking a jab at you in particular, just a thought in general.

You realise how screwed up we are when you're being charged £20 to alpha/beta test a broken, disfunctional, unfinished product, and there are people publicly posting "it's not expensive", actually thinking that they're getting a good deal.

Sad sheep we are. We will be tamed by our masters to accept anything as the norm and actually be thankful for it.
Overdoing it a little bit, aren't you? ;)

I'm usually very wary of buying any game, EA or not. If I had a good feedback I may buy an EA, it helps indie devs and it's cheaper than the full price, so I don't see any drawback. But my point was that even the full price wasn't really expensive when compared to similar games.

Whether you play it or not before the release is your choice too. Besides, it's not as broken as you seem to suggest, have you played it?

In her defense, I don't think she was referring to Encased when she said that. I think she's talking about the concept of EA in general.

In her defense, I don't think she was referring to Encased when she said that. I think she's talking about the concept of EA in general.
I suspect as much from the PS added while I was replying. But it's odd to post two general remarks for a case they don't apply to (and quoting a post which was going from general to specific to point that out).

Anyway, part of my answer was general too. I'm not always comfortable with EA, a glaring example is Larian's BG3, which is not at a reduced price, and for which they surely don't need financial support from our part. I think that game is a perfect example of what you posted, @Nereida; (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm not always comfortable with EA, a glaring example is Larian's BG3, which is not at a reduced price, and for which they surely don't need financial support from our part.

Yeah, I completely agree about that one. It was probably pretty obvious that I was referring to Larian when I made that comment above about an established developer using EA.

Yeah I think BG3 dropped the ball with the EA, said it many times even though I highly anticipate the game itself. It's just how it will be and we'll have to get used to it, just like DRM and microtransactions.

Back
Top Bottom