WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Nah, no reason to postpone the game (unless you're deep into romances).
A dev announced on Steam that the crusade bug will be patched tomorrow:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1184370/discussions/0/5086242673975595351/
I hope that the major Crusade management bug will be solved sooner than next week?
Yeap, tomorrow in 1.0.5

He wasn't talkative much so we don't know what other things are getting fixed, but that's understandable after this comment from a player:
the question is, what will you guys break with tomorrow's patch?
:D

I wish that "what will you break" comment was a joke, but I live in fear of patches. I see people all around me anticipating them, delaying purchases for them, but in my experience patches break a lot more than they fix. There have been so many games I was happily playing with minor issues if any at all, and then a patch drops and suddenly the game is actually, noticeably broken. I assume they just rush them in a panic to avoid bad buzz on their newly released game but so often it just makes things worse.

I am thinking I may know the reason.

Is this happening usually at the start of combat?

It happens sometime that in combat you may only start with one action and not both move and action. So if you use that to just move you may not be able to attack.

Nope, this happens later - and stays like that through combat. However, I think I found the issue (it's a bug). Aivu has a dragon fear affect that I had set to auto-activate. When this affects other characters they can't do anything except (I think) flee) - they also have that "!". I turned that off, and the problem seems to vanish. So far. Oddly enough it never affected my other party members or showed up on my character's list of active effects. Who knows though - I have encountered many bugs vs PF:K.

Nope, this happens later - and stays like that through combat. However, I think I found the issue (it's a bug). Aivu has a dragon fear affect that I had set to auto-activate. When this affects other characters they can't do anything except (I think) flee) - they also have that "!". I turned that off, and the problem seems to vanish. So far. Oddly enough it never affected my other party members or showed up on my character's list of active effects. Who knows though - I have encountered many bugs vs PF:K.

Glad you figured it out.

I'm playing the game very slowly compared to most of you in the hopes I won't encounter any major bugs at the speed I'm going.

On that topic, one problem I had in my playthrough is that I wanted to remain CG, but because the Chaotic choices were always far too random and nonsensical, I kept opting for Good choices, which often were way too charitative for my character's way of thinking, but at least pointed in the general right direction.

Because of that, my alignment kept shifting to Neutral Good, which I found a little silly. I feel a good choice should nudge you just towards good, not also towards neutral. I'd be fine with it if there were Neutral Good or Lawful Good choice, and I take the neutral good one, but because the game only lets you make generic alignment choices I couldn't counter it in any way but using a number of scrolls of atonement during the campaign just to be reset to CG.

In my case, it was purely roleplay/background reasons but I can imagine people playing paladins wanting to remain LG without resorting to "lawful" choices like executing their soldiers or calling people incompetent scrubs in their faces finding a difficulty levelling in their class while roleplaying in a very valid way. I can't imagine how Seelah herself manages to keep getting Paladin levels under the game's own system, for example. Only due to the fact that companions aren't subject to alignment shifts, really.

I feel you aren't allowed the same lenience as the NPCs who inhabit the world to nuance your character choices without being pushed out of the alingments that you feel your character belongs to.
Yes, I agree. I don't see why good/evil choices draw you towards the middle of the lawful/chaotic axis.

Glad you figured it out.

I'm playing the game very slowly compared to most of you in the hopes I won't encounter any major bugs at the speed I'm going.

I might have you beat. According to Steam I've played 92 hours and I'm still in chapter 2 strolling around Drezen looking for a special Banner!! :) What I HATE the most is the camera being way off centre during TB battles; I have to keep manually pulling it down so that I can see what's actually happening!! :(

What I HATE the most is the camera being way off centre during TB battles; I have to keep manually pulling it down so that I can see what's actually happening!! :(

That was super annoying. It had something to do with the elevation of things around you. The camera kept climbing up the walls. IIRC it's only happened to me in Drezen.

Most of the bugs I've run into are solved with a reload. Keep those quicksaves coming frequently to avoid anguished hair removal. I had Woljif get his dexterity permanently reduced to 1, and I do mean permanently. Greater Restoration, Heal, etc didn't work, and the game acted like his Dex was normally 1 (it didn't show it in red).

I'm already in, wasn't aware how much I missed my character voiceover:
"Forwards! No, no, backwards!"

EDIT:
Okay, I really had fun with Azata path, can't deny I did.
But Trickster… This path is so crazy.

Please, even if you never planned, just do it. Here's one spoiler to persuade you if undecided, I can't stop laughing.
diablo.jpg

Last edited:
@joxer; - that one is great :) Vrocks are not known for their intellect.

I am leaning towards the Trickster on my next play through with my Rogue/Sacred Huntsman.

That's pretty hilarious! Reminds me of a particular encounter my party had with a Vrock in Descent Into Avernus. It's just too fun when something that has seemingly been born to just to lash about blindly tries to put their brain at work.

Arggg! I started chapter 5 and now torn between Mythic Legend and Mythic Azata. I confess I made a save after certain events so I could see more about Mythic Legend and did the stuff to see what it was about. Now I am conflicted. If I was anyone but Azata I would try legend now that I am aware. Course maybe I will learn more as I continue onward in the game and could change my mind.

Lobo is my canon - my "virgin" character so he will continue his path as Azata and make mistakes I am sure. He will not desert Aivu or his friends.

Anyhow just letting off emotional pressure … fully enjoying the game to pieces. Just so many hard choices now that I know certain things.

Last edited:
Arggg! I started chapter 5 and now torn between Mythic Legend and Mythic Azata. I confess I made a save after certain events so I could see more about Mythic Legend and did the stuff to see what it was about. Now I am conflicted. If I was anyone but Azata I would try legend now that I am aware. Course maybe I will learn more as I continue onward in the game and could change my mind.

Lobo is my canon - my "virgin" character so he will continue his path as Azata and make mistakes I am sure. He will not desert Aivu or his friends.

Anyhow just letting off emotional pressure … fully enjoying the game to pieces. Just so many hard choices now that I know certain things.

Just to pressure you further, I will NEVER EVER change path from Azata :p

What I HATE the most is the camera being way off centre during TB battles; I have to keep manually pulling it down so that I can see what's actually happening!! :(
In the settings you can deactivate the automatic camera orientation.
The automatic camera also bothered me a lot, so I switched to fully manual.

Just to pressure you further, I will NEVER EVER change path from Azata :p
I'll add +1 to this.

Switching to legend from any other possible myth path, regardless if you were lich, swarm, anything, I say okay, do it, why not.
But switching to anything else from Azata?
It's a sin! :D

I watched my partner play Azata and was jealous of the fairy dragon following around, it was so damn cute. Also cus I'm slower (playing TB and all) I didn't wanna just follow the same story, so I went Angel. If not because of that, I would have chosen Azata too, it's the natural way to go for a CG character.

Angel worked well for me too, anyway, and there is the option to even as an angel, reacha more "Good" than "Lawful" finale, so if it matters to anyone, there is that.

I'm going Aeon as it seems the most instesrsting path to me and the least picked option. I'm not usually into lawful options though so we'll see how this pans out.

I really like the concept of being the arbiter of the world. A bit like the water mages in Gothic if I remember correctly.

My character is Chaotic Good but I'm picking as many Lawful non murderous options I can to slowly shift to Lawful.

I'm on the edge of Neutral Good now.

Pladio do please clear the rumors that Aeon can convert certain person (sideswitcher;)) into an actual companion. Some sources say yes, some no, but they all agree in one thing that only Aeon specific dialogue can persuade that person into returning back.
I'd do it myself but I need to do the lich playthrough, don't have time for Aeon too. :(

……………………………………….

Due to a bug I got in the replay, here goes a hint related to that bug.
Posted it in another thread - if you pass the decree of upgrading outpost to bastion and not upgrade right after the decree ends, you won't be able to upgrade later.
Sounds confusing? It's not, you'll see yourself what am I talking about during chapter 3.

Should you care, should you bother?
Yes and no.
The reason to upgrade outposts is to be able to build some more stuff in them and one of those is the teleportation circle that allows you to instantly appear in any bastion that has it. Outposts cannot have it, that's why you need to upgrade.
But you can't upgrade all outposts, just a few.
Also keep in mind that you can upgrade only an outpost that has minimum of 3 buildings inside. You'll actually build 4 musthaves in every outpost (Supply Center and three Garrisons) which means every outpost of yours will end up upgradeable, but as I said, the number of bastions you can have is capped.

IMO there are only two key outposts you should upgrade and add teleportation circle inside: Vilareth Ford's and Tower of Yath. Those two will save you days of plodding over roads and resting due to exhaustion. All others are not as beneficial as these two.
So make sure you do the upgrading decree only when you have liberated these on the map and built all 4 musthave buildings inside.
VFord is available in chapter 2 already as it's south of Drezen, but ToYath you'll grab only in late chapter 3.

Back
Top Bottom