Medieval Dynasty - Released

There's zero combat at all in this right?
No it has combat but it's not the focus point survival is. You have three bars you have to watch which is basically hp, stamina, and hunger. You mostly build and craft.

When it was in early access it took me a few days just to build a small house.

So… it that good or bad?
Bad you will have to love crafting and gathering materials. Seriously 80% of the game is some type of crafting or gathering supplies. This game is by no means an RPG.

Play it for a few days and you will be bored and want to quit.

That's probably the risk if you expect more of the game. It seems to have some complexity in the whole crafting/"economy" system though?

They said they'd add brigands and raids to keep people occupied. But the base looks like a sim game, so I'd expect you've got to like that sort of game.

It would help if the conversation system was better then what they used as well. It reminds me of the Morrowind system without voice overs. You get easily confused.

Anyway yeah the goal is to survive, and build a large estate or village. It can be enjoyable if you play in small doses, but play long and as I said you get bored

I don't see any mention of mature content in a socalled survival game = I skip.
If I wanted a game without it I'd play platformers or pinball.

There's zero combat at all in this right?

If someone actually is looking for a game with zero combat and mature content (You around, Alrik?), I stumbled across an interesting one, at least at first blush. I tried Medieval Dynasty a bit, as it's available on Microsoft's Game Pass for PC, and the dialogue system is indeed annoying as hell.

Also available on Game Pass was Sable. Maybe I'm just a bit enamored with the art style, which I am, but it's a visual thrill to freely explore a world of a 1970s-style animated movie. While I'm no anime fan, I did enjoy the film Spirited Away quite a bit, and Sable gave me a vibe of that flick a couple of times, too. I can see how it could get boring running fetch quests and platforming, if that's all there is, but it has been entertaining for a couple of hours, anyway.

If someone actually is looking for a game with zero combat and mature content (You around, Alrik?), I stumbled across an interesting one, at least at first blush. I tried Medieval Dynasty a bit, as it's available on Microsoft's Game Pass for PC, and the dialogue system is indeed annoying as hell.

Also available on Game Pass was Sable. Maybe I'm just a bit enamored with the art style, which I am, but it's a visual thrill to freely explore a world of a 1970s-style animated movie. While I'm no anime fan, I did enjoy the film Spirited Away quite a bit, and Sable gave me a vibe of that flick a couple of times, too. I can see how it could get boring running fetch quests and platforming, if that's all there is, but it has been entertaining for a couple of hours, anyway.

I have been following Sable for a while, it reminds me a bit of Journey, which a few years back when it was released left a lasting impression in me. The soundtracks are also really compelling.

I need to be in the right mood to play this kind of game, but when I do, I'll play it for sure. A nice recommendation which I will +1!

I enjoyed this game. No, it's not an RPG. It's kind of it's own beast, a first-person survival crafting game. I found it more relaxing than "boring" personally but I think it comes down to individual needs in games - are you looking to relax from a busy, stressful life or are you looking for that kind of excitement in games?

Usually, I'm more of the "relax, please" kind of gamer - and this was a beautiful game for that.

You found a survival game relaxing. That has to be a first.:lol:

You found a survival game relaxing. That has to be a first.:lol:

A lot of "survival" games are relaxing! Depends on what the set and setting is. This one has the most dangerous things trying to kill you being animals and the elements. It wasn't brutally hard, it was just more of a... medieval village simulator.. thingy. :D

I'll play this in all likelihood, but I agree it doesn't give me rpg vibes at all. More like some of the simpler survival games/farming/building.

Personally the game reminds me of the Guild series on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom