WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
I wanted to test it out too so I went back to my old save.

I'm level 9 party and it showed: 30 religion, 21 world and 25 arcana - which is same as what Redglyph said. I play on normal.

I wanted to test it out too so I went back to my old save.

I'm level 9 party and it showed: 30 religion, 21 world and 25 arcana - which is same as what Redglyph said. I play on normal.

That must be it then. Thanks for checking!

Maybe I should put the difficulty on 'Core' just before playing that puzzle again ;)

It could also be attached to one of the sliders I reduce difficulty with - either that or attached to some internal metrics related to "custom" that decides ... oh they must want it easier so we will lower the skill roll.

I don't think there is any specific slider that says "lowering this will make skill checks easier" though. It almost seems built in somehow - and not directly tied to a pre-set difficulty mode, because as I said I always start with core then adjust a bunch of sliders to personal taste. Which means in the end I am always ending up on a custom difficulty.

Anyhow interesting. Purple was level 9 and had the same as you at level 8 Red so doesn't seem like level is involved, at least not directly. I don't know if they do any scaling in that regards.

There was this Sarenrae reactivity in Wintersun area which also gave my party Sarenrae's blessing which I thought was pretty cool. Then I realised that causes my healing spells to apply fire damage (yes, I killed my party member with it XD)

Screenies in spoiler tag lol:

https://i.imgur.com/H1jtYKD.png
H1jtYKD.png

https://i.imgur.com/Z83ufrz.png
Z83ufrz.png

https://i.imgur.com/hpoyABV.png
hpoyABV.png

OMG that is so cool! I just love stuff like that in the game. Even if very rare. So they do other gods as well, much like I got a nature buff from Gozreh when dealing with the V swarms quest.

Also a bit of a deadly buff it seems :p

Very unrelated but wanted to play an urban hunter but ugg I can't stand the dead raccoon hanging from the hunters belt outfit, just blech :p

I found this image that compiles all the mythic paths and how the visual looks on the character - obviously a spoiler :p

I have an issue. I am trying to do the entrance to midnight fane, but the cutscene that is meant to trigger everyone going up the stairs for the initial figjt isn't happening.

It did it once and then I reloaded and it isn't doing it anymore.

Any tips?

I have an issue. I am trying to do the entrance to midnight fane, but the cutscene that is meant to trigger everyone going up the stairs for the initial figjt isn't happening.

It did it once and then I reloaded and it isn't doing it anymore.

Any tips?

I haven't experienced so all I can suggest is to exit the game then reload. If it doesn't work, try pressing enter to skip the cut scene.

I haven't experienced so all I can suggest is to exit the game then reload. If it doesn't work, try pressing enter to skip the cut scene.

I'll have to reload an earlier save and try again I think as I have tried it a few times from my quicksave.

For anyone who has played Aeon through to the end, or most the game, a question as I am debating playing one even though never been very good with lawful. On the various quests (specific to Aeon or otherwise) do you get some options as far as decisions in regards to how cold/cruel/impartial decisions are? Meaning do you get neutral or debatable good options as well as harsh/cold ones?

(I also asked on the discord but hard to get answers there as things move so fast or get missed)

Another question, does anyone have issues with the AI not going off even when you disable it? Makes it difficult when scouting and you want your party to not react even if your scout gets discovered.

Another question, does anyone have issues with the AI not going off even when you disable it? Makes it difficult when scouting and you want your party to not react even if your scout gets discovered.
I had this problem a lot when I restarted playing the other day (but without switching AI off). I issued the command to hold but they wouldn't listen and even throw themselves into visible traps or AoEs. It wasn't like that before.

For anyone who has played Aeon through to the end, or most the game, a question as I am debating playing one even though never been very good with lawful. On the various quests (specific to Aeon or otherwise) do you get some options as far as decisions in regards to how cold/cruel/impartial decisions are? Meaning do you get neutral or debatable good options as well as harsh/cold ones?

(I also asked on the discord but hard to get answers there as things move so fast or get missed)
You don't need to be pure lawful to be an aeon though. I have picked the aeon responses for the ones which seem really against the flow of time. Like the big decisions, but many smaller ones I've gone for good ones or some chaotic too.

To answer your question more directly. As an aeon you get lots of mini quests to judge people and you do get more nuanced options. Funnily enough, a strange character comes to your court to provide you alternate options for some of the smaller quests in fun ways.
I won't spoil too much.

Thanks @Pladio;. I am going to give Aeon a try I think. My Dhampir is a good fit as I see them as being less emotional and more logical and lawful in some ways.

At the moment I have an Aeon, Angel, and Azata all playing … and how odd they are start with A …

I tried the Aeon for a while and loved how unique and different it is (especially the mirror) but simply can't do it. I just can't get into playing lawful and after doing some of the quests and then reading up on it I know it isn't for me.

However, today I learned the Trickster path can be chaotic good in alignment and you can play one as mostly good, which I hadn't known. So I have decided to take my Sylvan Rogue down the trickster path and so far really enjoying it.

Somewhat unrelated I have to say this game is so freaking amazing. In all my years of gaming, all the way back to Pools of Radiance on the Apple 2E, this has now replaced all my past games as my favorite.

For me, personally, it simply hits so many of the right notes. I am constantly amazed at how different many of the paths are and how much fun it is to play them. Not to mention the epic story, the amazing music, the great companions ... anyhow a fun game. Easy to see Owlcats really put their heart and soul into this game.

Glad to hear you are enjoying trickster - yeah, apparently you can skip most of whacky stuff if you don't want to pursue it :)

For me, BG2 still has an edge over WotR but both are freaking fantastic games :D

Is there a work-around to the Menace of Death amulet 'can't attack' bug? Taking it off doesn't fix it it. I'm down a party member because of it and I'm not interested in going back several hours of gameplay to an earlier save.

Combine that with the maps/portals of Act 4. I've really enjoyed the game so far, but navigating in this area is just ridiculous, especially when most of the quests are fetch-related.

Last edited:
Is there a work-around to the Menace of Death amulet 'can't attack' bug? Taking it off doesn't fix it it. I'm down a party member because of it and I'm not interested in going back several hours of gameplay to an earlier save.

Combine that with the maps/portals of Act 4. I've really enjoyed the game so far, but navigating in this area is just ridiculous, especially when most of the quests are fetch-related.

I have no idea what Menace of Death amulet is... you need to give more info/context - e.g. is this quest related?

I loved act 4 city but I guess taste differs. You will eventually get lots of teleport coins so you don't need to walk back and forth much.

I'm really loving new UI updates - now it indicates any learn-able spells and recipes! Super handy :D

I hope I'm allowed to quote this post from the official discord server …

@Pathfinder please be aware that we have reports of scammers trying to steal discord accounts through asking you to download a game. These scammers have been bold enough to personally message admins on this server. Please do not fall for these scams. Scammers work by hijacking accounts and then using those hijacked accounts to hijack more accounts. Even if you know the account asking you to click on a link, be aware that it can be a scammer. If you get your account hijacked, and your account starts trying to steal other accounts as well, we will ban you. If you get your account back, you can appeal through email, but you probably will not get your account back if you let it get stolen by scammers. So, please do not allow that to happen. Thank you, and have a pleasant day.

Back
Top Bottom