WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
That's correct, September 2nd.

No, the beta doesn't include chapters 5 & 6.

Interesting - that means 4 chapters.

If the beta is reasonably polished - it could become a contender for my vacation game - as I was relatively close to loving Kingmaker :)

Interesting - that means 4 chapters.

If the beta is reasonably polished - it could become a contender for my vacation game - as I was relatively close to loving Kingmaker :)
It's everything but! Well, it's quite polished, but there are serious bugs. They've put the priority on features for beta 2 & 3, and kept the bug solving for these last 2 months.

Seriously, I'd wait for the release, especially seeing the price of the beta. Unless you are a backer with beta access, and you don't mind about bugs.

I was playing through chapter 1 beta when it came out and it had a few bugs but nothing game breaking for me.

I didn't want to play too far in otherwise I'd ruin it for myself but if they keep working at it I'm confient it'll be a fun game to me :)

It's everything but! Well, it's quite polished, but there are serious bugs. They've put the priority on features for beta 2 & 3, and kept the bug solving for these last 2 months.

Seriously, I'd wait for the release, especially seeing the price of the beta. Unless you are a backer with beta access, and you don't mind about bugs.

I would wait - but that wouldn't leave enough time left of my vacation :(

But I'll probably wait anyway - and play it down the line.

As for beta access, I'm not a backer - but I have access anyway. But I would prefer to play it post-release when it's patched up.

I still remember buying Kingmaker and having to wait months to get a reasonably balanced and stable game.

I would wait - but that wouldn't leave enough time left of my vacation :(

But I'll probably wait anyway - and play it down the line.

As for beta access, I'm not a backer - but I have access anyway. But I would prefer to play it post-release when it's patched up.

I still remember buying Kingmaker and having to wait months to get a reasonably balanced and stable game.
Ah, if you have access and no better alternative right now, it can't hurt to have a peek at the prologue or even the first chapter. Worst case, you meet a blocking issue, not a big deal. And they're bound to be less likely at the beginning.

If you like the character creation process, that'll keep you busy for a while, there's a lot to see :)

I would just avoid to invest a lot of time in a campaign that may be more frustrating now, and that you won't be able to reload in the final release since saved files will likely be incompatible.
@Pladio; Out of curiosity, was it with the beta 3 released earlier this month, or was it the first beta? Each beta iteration seems to introduce its share of new problems, and only solve a little from the previous one. This is normal given their strategy, but a little bit counter-intuitive from an outsider point of view. I was expecting this iteration to be much more stable.

Ah, if you have access and no better alternative right now, it can't hurt to have a peek at the prologue or even the first chapter. Worst case, you meet a blocking issue, not a big deal. And they're bound to be less likely at the beginning.

If you like the character creation process, that'll keep you busy for a while, there's a lot to see :)

I would just avoid to invest a lot of time in a campaign that may be more frustrating now, and that you won't be able to reload in the final release since saved files will likely be incompatible.

@Pladio; Out of curiosity, was it with the beta 3 released earlier this month, or was it the first beta? Each beta iteration seems to introduce its share of new problems, and only solve a little from the previous one. This is normal given their strategy, but a little bit counter-intuitive from an outsider point of view. I was expecting this iteration to be much more stable.
It was a while back when just chapters 1 and 2 were out.

Mortismal Gaming shows how to solve 3 puzzles in the 1st act of Wrath of the Righteous.

It's obviously spoiler material, no matter what he says. I'm keeping it safely here in case someone gets stuck and frustrated later, once the game is released :) (the prologue and first act are not likely to change much at this point).

For the 3rd puzzle, I'm a bit disappointed he doesn't say how he solved it, which is a shame because it's a very well designed puzzle. Statues need to be selected in a particular order; they're known deities and famous characters of the Pathfinder lore, and a note that the player has to acquire helps identifying the statues - I won't say more.

What I will say, however, is that there are several occasions in WotR for the player to get an advantage by knowing a little bit about the Pathfinder lore, and in particular its main deities and demons. Or at least by knowing where to find this information (like here).

I have read that there are better tutorials and an "Encyclopedia" within Warath, so, I think now that I'd better play this game first, because it is more Newbie-friendly, and play Kingmaker afterwards, I think ...

I like puzzle in RPGs. To me, they're a good way of breaking up the cycle of explore, combat, repeat. As long as they're not so obscure that you have to look at a walkthrough just to get past them.

In my case, it depends. I absolutely hate puzzles with math in them, but I like most other kinds of puzzles. Deducing logic is also difficulty for solving a puzzle in my case.

Owlcat Games posted this on Twitter about their "Last Azlanti Challenge". Might be interesting to give an idea of the time, quests vs acts/chapters:

Lol I love the 3 "Death by Water Elemental" which is a hard one at the start of the game.

One person completed I see.

I got my Dhampir to Act IV last night.

I am noticing a lot of differences with the Angel path over the Azata. There is a lot more to the mythic path then just a change in name and skills/spells. Parts of the entire game change. Sometimes different order, different, cast of characters, different outcomes, etc. It is all very well done.

I am so curious about Aeon now though - since they can change time and I see the "requires Aeon" in dialogue in some key points and makes me wonder. May have to do Aeon at some point.

I miss Azata though. It really is my favorite so far and miss some of the cool options I had with it.

I'm surprised I don't see any angel and lich in this competition.

Yay, azata safely made it through to the end!!

I also agree with Wolf - each mythic path offer quite unique and varied experience, not just mechanically as well :)

I'm going opposite order to Wolf - I finished angel and now I'm on Azata run (my favourite for sure!)

People keep saying trickster is super fun mechanically, so I'm looking forward to my future runs as well.

I have absolutely no idea what is that pic about.
And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I also took some advice from Purple and Joxer and have both Reggie and Greybor in my party this time and let Wen live ... for now.

I have gotten all new quests I never had with Azata, plus new quests having different companions, and completely different twists on some things.

Consequently having as much fun on this play through as the last as there is enough new/changed stuff to be interesting in addition to a different style character.

Finally got the good ending for Sosiel as well.

I didn't watch this but apparently Paizo representative said they would like Owlcats to develop 3rd Pathfinder game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN6Qb60yQnk

Do you think its newsworthy @Redglyph;?
It is, thanks! :)

It's a long video though... I've watched a tiny bit but didn't find a mention of a 3rd game. Let's make it a contest, the first to find wins something. ;)

I'm sure Paizo would be thrilled to have another successful game based on their ruleset, the question is, what will Owlcat make as a next game?

Back
Top Bottom