Bethesda Softworks - Todd Howard Interview @IGN

I enjoyed Fallout 4 aswell upto some point where you start looking for some depth. For me ESO and Fallout 4 do have a lot of in common, but I want an interactive game with factions I could join, the problem is there is nobody else offering this. AA games can do just a bit and they are beaten up for not doing enough, everyone was hoping that Cyberpunk will do it, but it was Fallout 4 / Ubisoft all over again. Why nobody can do it? And then everyone on youtube was talking about expensive dialogues - well how big difference is to do random encounter which doesn't even work properly and random encounter with some background for some faction making difference in power play?

I enjoyed every single-player Elder Scrolls game until one or two dozen hours in and I always found that the writing was not interesting enough. Skyrim was the best from that standpoint but still not quite good enough compared to many other games.

In most cases I would end up "finishing" the game (the main story and most or all of the decent quests) but I have never wanted to replay any of the games and they always left me wanting more of a story-based experience such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex HR and MD, or many other games.

I enjoyed this interview quite a bit.

All of them are chosen protagonist, human with 0 influence for you own story, so there is plenty of games like that, but 0 games with the world story and start whenever you want like Skyrim/Bethesda had. So no, thanks. If I would want that I would buy PS4 a play Sony games.
EDIT: that was my depression talking, but anyway it is possible they will try to do it in Starfield

Last edited:
It was amusing to see Todd's reaction when Ryan asked him about the interview he shared with Elon Musk at E3. "A kind of cool moment for all of us", he said, but from what I remember of this, it was actually very awkward with Elon being completely childish and weird (perhaps he's always like that).

"A kind of cool moment for all of us", he said, but from what I remember of this, it was actually very awkward with Elon being completely childish and weird (perhaps he's always like that).

He often is - the man's a complete tool. I think I'll be giving the Elon Musk/Todd Howard interview a swerve. It wouldn't be good for my nerves.

Funny a complete tool who is advancing our technology forward when the rest of the world is worried about feelings.

Lol, no. But that's one for P&R if you want to go down that road.

I'm betting it is more to do with balancing.

Skyrim and balancing!? There are fun vids on YouTube on that.

That being said, it was the same even in Morrowind times. But since it is a singleplayer game, nobody has to tell you how to play it. It's your call, if you want to cheese it.

I have played Skyrim, minus VR, in every way shape and permutation possible. I'm here to say that cheese is best ;) Vanilla Skyrim is great; until you actually try all the other flavors.

Back
Top Bottom