Mechajammer - Release Date Announced

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Whalenought Studios announced that Mechajammer would release soon.

A Date For Your Diaries: Mechajammer Will Launch December 2nd, 2021

Our isometric open-world cyberpunk CRPG, just in time for Christmas.

It's the news you've been waiting for.

As part of The MIX Next showcase, which aired over the weekend, we've dropped a new teaser trailer for Mechajammer, officially revealing that the game will be available from December 2nd, 2021.

In case you've been living under some form of a large rock, Mechajammer is an isometric cyberpunk CRPG, set in a far-future Earth that has been ravaged by overcrowding, pollution, and war. Mechajammer ​takes place on Calitana, a low-tech mining colony with a central city carved out of the planet's dense jungles. The Ci-War and the Syndicates' abuse of power have lasted so long that they have become a fixture of everyday life, and humans struggle through the sorrows and triumphs of life with the threat of violence never far from their periphery.

[...]

If that's not enough, from next week - and the run-up to launch - we will be starting a Feature Deep Dive series that delves into the nitty of the game so you are as prepared as possible for Mechajammer's launch.

Look out for that very soon...
More information.

Think it's gonna be a bloodbath on Dec 2, this title is not ready for release. Maybe E-A at the most... It needs a lot of tuning.

Well not bad for a game that should have released in 2017 according to kickstarter.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Think it's gonna be a bloodbath on Dec 2, this title is not ready for release. Maybe E-A at the most... It needs a lot of tuning.

If the demos they released are representative of the full game, I have to agree. That said, I don't think the game is for me anyways.

I have no clue why they decided to change the initial art style which imo looks better than current.

I have no clue why they decided to change the initial art style which imo looks better than current.
Yeah I couldn't really get into their first game, Serpent in the Staglands, because of the art style. The Kickstarter for this showed a pretty standard 3D art style so I backed it, then they completely changed it, at least twice. But I guess everything about this project has changed, from the due date (4.5 years late), to the name, to that art style. At least they kept the turn-based combat promised in the Kickstarter I guess.

SitS was also supposed to get an expansion called Fool's Banquet in 2016 or 2017, but I haven't even seen that talked about in nearly 5 years at this point. Guess they really bit off way, way more than they could chew.

I have some doubts too after playing the demo last month. It looked like the whole control system had to be remade properly.

But who knows, I'll be interested to see the opinions here, or to read reviews about it.

I don't think it's for me anyway, I enjoyed a part of it but definitely not the combat system. Then there's the pixelization problem, it made it hard for me to find items or to read text (and I find it ugly).

Well, Whalenought studios is literally 2 person enterprise. I consider it achievement that they are able to deliver at all, repeatedly. And Im still interested in Copper Dreams (yea, liked original name much more). And Im fan of pixel animation, so graphics are part of the charm form me.

Well, Whalenought studios is literally 2 person enterprise. I consider it achievement that they are able to deliver at all, repeatedly. And Im still interested in Copper Dreams (yea, liked original name much more). And Im fan of pixel animation, so graphics are part of the charm form me.
Wow, only 2 devs? Yes, that's impressive. :)

I watched more recent gameplay on Twitch (the links they gave), and there are many things I like, despite my reservation on the combat system.

The pixel art is indeed just a personal opinion, and I could get over that. I'll keep an eye on this game, I may still be tempted to try again.

Wow, only 2 devs? Yes, that's impressive. :)

I watched more recent gameplay on Twitch (the links they gave), and there are many things I like, despite my reservation on the combat system.

The pixel art is indeed just a personal opinion, and I could get over that. I'll keep an eye on this game, I may still be tempted to try again.
Yep a married couple with a passion to make small budget RPG games.:nod:

Still I'm sure they outsourced or bought some help for the game as well.

SitS was also supposed to get an expansion called Fool's Banquet in 2016 or 2017, but I haven't even seen that talked about in nearly 5 years at this point. Guess they really bit off way, way more than they could chew.

Awhile back they had said they decided they would make Fool's Banquet with the engine and ruleset they designed for Copper Dreams, so that it wouldn't come out until after Copper Dreams. It was going to be standalone and also they seemed to be considering making it free. But that was quite awhile ago and it's possible they've no plans of making it at this point.

Graphics and the pixel animations are the best part of this product. Gameplay however suffers badly, when it doesn't flow well. Map design in the demo was weird, not really enjoyable. Plus I couldn't get the world design. WTF are they trying to give the player?
Then I saw that this game is coming:
Ultimate Space Commando: Counterforce
.. and suddenly all became well in the world! I can forget Mechajammer, which I wanted to be a Copper-Dreams-style XCOM anyway..

Ultimate Space Commando 1 is a must play for fans of ALIENS-like, horror-monster kill games in a turn-based setting.

Back
Top Bottom