What games are you playing now?

Yeah, but I'm curious to know if enough meltdowns maybe lead to death? None of my characters got more than 4 meltdowns in my finished game.

As far as I understand the mechanics, meltdowns themselves won't, but it indirectly would as your team would into rivalries and hateful relationships causing you to quickly lose fights.

As far as I understand the mechanics, meltdowns themselves won't, but it indirectly would as your team would into rivalries and hateful relationships causing you to quickly lose fights.
Alright. I had two awful relationships, and it wasn't too bad. Just annoying.

Edit: They really should remove the relationship animation after the first time each fight. It's not interesting after that.

Last edited:
Still playing to P:WOTR! Steam tells me I'm now at 160+ hours but I know it's probably closer to 120 hours.

I finished chapter 4. That chapter reminded me very much of the Underdark chapter of BG2. Great vibe. Now I'm back to the regular mode and I have to rebuild an army *sigh* and deal once again with the HOMM-like game.

Well, so I have now played through Darkest Dungeon 2 to completion 3 times. I had tons of fun. I can understand some of the negative comments from some people, but they did not bother me personally.

I think it was a great game to play :) I think I would probably need more content now though, so I'll head back in when Act 2 is released.

Well, so I have now played through Darkest Dungeon 2 to completion 3 times. I had tons of fun. I can understand some of the negative comments from some people, but they did not bother me personally.

I think it was a great game to play :) I think I would probably need more content now though, so I'll head back in when Act 2 is released.

I watched a good bit of the game on Youtube and I didn't see any story stuff whatsoever. What are the acts for if there's no narrative? Or did I somehow just miss it despite watching ~2-3 hours of the game?

I watched a good bit of the game on Youtube and I didn't see any story stuff whatsoever. What are the acts for if there's no narrative? Or did I somehow just miss it despite watching ~2-3 hours of the game?

The EA only has the first act called Denial. It's not a real narrative though, but it seems like there may be a very overarching story. It's not a story based game at all but I think it's just about making it about something more than just fighting monsters.

Someone mentioned it may be tied to the 5 stages of grief, but I'm not sure.

So why divide it into acts? Just a convenient way to parcel out the EA content, I guess.
Well, at the very least the boss of each act is looking to be different related to the act name. I assume some of the areas and monsters might be too.

So for example the boss of act 1 is
a brain you are meant to unshackle from the denial

My theory for now is that the whole world is in existence because you've suffered a loss and you are going through grief.

You are battling your internal monsters in its darkest times... :)

I thought I was getting close to finishing Forever Home, then yesterday I discovered one of the people in my party had some personal quest to do which awarded her a really nice weapon, so now I'm going back through everyone's home village to see if I missed other quests along the way. I've certainly gotten my monies' worth out of this game!!

I'm still in a shootery kind of mood so I decided to install Halo: The Master Chief Collection which I purchased probably close to a year ago. To be more precise, I installed Halo: Reach which is the first game chronologically.

Of this series, I've only previously played through Halo and some of Halo 2, so Reach is new to me. I played the first two missions, and I was surprised how short they were. Given that there are only 11 levels, I'm anticipating a fairly short game.

It seems ok so far, but you can immediately tell it's from a couple of generations ago. It still looks decent, but it's not on par with newer titles. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep playing right now as I'm still playing Far Cry 5 as well.

Speaking of Far Cry 5, I had to start over because my save game got screwed up. I think I can say though that it's the first Ubisoft game I've enjoyed enough to put significant time into.

I haven't been able to get into the Halo games, almost at all. I think I played the very first one, when it came to PC, but I don't think I finished it. I think I played up to the introduction of the Flood, iirc. It was ok, but really nothing special. I think I always feel they don't take their universe seriously enough. I mean, the aliens themselves feel like wacky Disney characters, making wacky sounds. The flood was kinda nice, but also derivative. But the other alien species …But regardless, that's only a minor issue.

Years later, I think with the anniversary edition that brought to PC most of them, I think I tried Reach, and also gave up really fast. It just never stuck to me. Except for the great theme song, I couldn't really find anything sufficiently attractive. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood/mindset. I think it feels even more dilluted, sterile and visionless than what Star Wars feels, as a universe. And Star Wars feels plenty of that to me. I always felt Star Trek was way better. Not that I want to drudge up a debate on that.

I'm always surprised at the reverance the Halo games are being given, as far as mainstreaming fps games on console. I kind of loathe that, since I hate fps games on console. So they basically made it mainstream and generally acceptable to play fps games on the shittiest control scheme? Thanks Bungie! :lol:

I think Halo is a decent time-waster if you're in the mood for a shooter in a traditional sci-fi/space setting. There aren't a lot of good shooters in such a setting.

I wouldn't want to play any of them on a console, but I find the series, or at least what I've experienced of it, fun enough on PC. If I have one complaint, it's that they're a little on the easy side.

I've already put Reach aside for now though. Not because I wasn't enjoying it but just to focus on Far Cry 5.

I've picked back up the military strategy games I bought last year. The one I played the most in 2020 was Panzer Corp 2, but this time I'm playing Order of Battle, which is a bit uglier but in every other respect takes the best parts of PC2 and fleshes it out to make it more varied and interesting. I own 14 of the 16 scenario packs, so it'll keep me busy as long as I care it too. I started with the Sandstorm campaign and I'm in the midst of the third scenario, which is a bit harrowing.

I also still harbor a desire to get into a counter pusher. My main options are John Tiller games (I've never bought any, but I have a few demos), War in the West, or The Operational Art of War 4. Leaning toward WitW so far, though its complexity might be too much for me.

I technically owned Halo because Microsoft gave us all of their games when I was a store manager, but the only time I played it was in a few multiplayer LAN parties. I never had much interest in the plots or lore of the series. My favorite map for multiplayer was the one with a bunch of teleporters and you were armed only with a shotgun. I wasn't good at it, but it was an adrenaline rush.

I went through the trouble of setting up each and every Legacy of Kain game, from Blood Omen 1 to Defiance. Downloading and running all sorts of random fixes to make the experience of running them as smooth as possible on my modern system. I did this planning to do a full playthrough of each.

So I started Blood Omen 1, and after around 30 mins I lost all steam. I think I'm not really feeling it and don't want to force it. I think I need a longer break from gaming. And I think I'll take it. I want to try to replace gaming and tv series/movie with something a little more offline. Like reading. I haven't read a book in some time now. So, I think I'll try taking off from anything online that's non-work related. I wonder how long I'll manage to hold out. Last time I tried, I failed miserably. So, I guess I'm trying again.

PS: For Sony/Fromsoft, I'd love it if my return to gaming would be with a PC release of Bloodborne. I'm just sayin'. :lol:

Anyway, see you guys. Until next time.

After finishing Forever Home yesterday, last night I was looking for a game to start and, while I have a new game or two to play, I decided on replaying Sword and Sorcery: Underworld. It's been almost ten years since I first went through this game so it seemed due for a revisit!

I tried Aven Colony for a little while last night. It's a space city-builder that's free right now on Epic.

It doesn't seem bad for what it is. It's a little on the easy side though, and I expect some fans of games like this might be disappointed it's not more challenging. The game really holds your hand in the first few missions, and reviews I've read seem to indicate that the difficulty doesn't ramp up much later on.

It's fun though if you're in the mood for something a little more relaxing. You spend the majority of your time expanding the colony and monitoring your resources. You also have to keep an eye on the colonists and their morale. I ended up with a bunch of people protesting because I let their food reserves get too low. Entitled little bastards!

I've kept playing the early access of Darkest Dungeon 2.

It's been fun, but sometimes it's impossible to continue and becomes frustrating in a non fun way. If you meet the wrong type of enemies early on (some hard enemies focused on stress damage) the run is over, due to all relationships becoming horrible. This is my main gripe at the moment: Some enemies are much harder and the RNG when it comes to encounters makes it too much up to chance at the moment.

It is, in its current version at least, way less customizable and has fewer RPG elements than its predecessor. It's more a strategic roguelike than an RPG rogue like. I really don't like that most upgrades come through leveling up my profile. Makes it feel like a Facebook game and the rewards seem disconnected from the gameplay itself. They should find a way to make the unlocks more integrated.

I'm done with it for now, but will likely return later.

I've kept playing the early access of Darkest Dungeon 2.

It's been fun, but sometimes it's impossible to continue and becomes frustrating in a non fun way. If you meet the wrong type of enemies early on (some hard enemies focused on stress damage) the run is over, due to all relationships becoming horrible. This is my main gripe at the moment: Some enemies are much harder and the RNG when it comes to encounters makes it too much up to chance at the moment.

It is, in its current version at least, way less customizable and has fewer RPG elements than its predecessor. It's more a strategic roguelike than an RPG rogue like. I really don't like that most upgrades come through leveling up my profile. Makes it feel like a Facebook game and the rewards seem disconnected from the gameplay itself. They should find a way to make the unlocks more integrated.

I'm done with it for now, but will likely return later.
Main thing you need is a stress healer early on. So at first inn get the plague doctor upgrade for ounce of prevention.

Game isn't too difficult after that.

They did buff the late game enemies somewhat making it harder to win but the rest of the game shouldn't be too hard.

You don't need to clear the lairs all the time. The bosses there are very strong in early game. Go for the first two fights and then leave. That should help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom