What are your top 5 games on your wishlist ?

1. Elden Ring: Well no need for justification for a Souls fan.

2. Bleak Faith: Forsaken - interesting indie action-adventure that looks different, expansive and atmospheric.

3. Wasteland 3 - heard lots of good things about it in terms of factions and reactivity, and its coming down in price.

4. Cyberpunk 2077 - it sounds like a mixture of Deus Ex and Vampire Bloodlines.

5. Elex II - Its a PB game that looks interesting. Need to finish Elex first.

6. Suicide Squad - kill the justice league: made by Rocksteady and I am a DC fan.

Three old games that comprise my entire current backlog:

Might and Magic 3 - I bought the series 1-6 on GoG a few years back for peanuts and have been trying them out, one by one, having rejected the one I played when it came out as a big NOPE. I feel sure I'll like one of them and feel it does me disservice not to at least try to find the one I like. Hated 1 and 2 but looking forward to trying the next on the list at some point.

Avernum 6 - The last remaining Avernum game I have yet to play. I've quite enjoyed the whole series, but I find I need a good gap between each game.

Divinity 2 - The only Divinity game aside from DoS 2 I haven't played much of. I started it about a decade ago but it was too buggy and essentially unplayable on the set-up I had back then, so would like to give it another shot at some point.

Four upcoming or recently released games that have my eye but no purchase yet:

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous - recently finished the first one and enjoyed it just enough to motivate me to try this second at some point.

Divinity Original Sin 2 - Quite enjoyed the first one until the closing stages but it left me quite drained on the setting and concept, so waiting for the memory gap to be long enough to try the second one.

Baldur's Gate 3 - I'll probably get into this one quite soon after it's properly ready.

Black Geyser - This is one of those games that could be awful or a gleaming gem, it shows lots of D&D inspired promise which means I'll be nosing about soon after it's proper release.

TES 6 - I've played every TES game in order shortly after release and they will always be my favourite series, having displaced Ultima. Replaying Skyrim now on AE and loving it, there is so much to do and it is such a living world, I want more!

Starfield - Bethesda, tend to really love their games, and this new IP sounds like it could be a great experience. There are few sci-fi RPG's and I think it is a great setting.

Elex 2 - PB are great at doing gritty and tough RPG's, want more of them as well.

In that order, but will definitely be playing them in the reverse order

Sorry for not reading the rules:biggrin:

1) A Plague Tale Requiem -> A Plague Tale Innocence was awesome and I like atmospheric story-driven games so I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

2) EVERSPACE 2 -> I really liked the demo and they nailed the mouse/keyboard controls like Freelancer. It also looks like it is going to have decent exploration, story/missions and progression.

3) Gothic Remake -> Gothic 1 is my favorite game of all time so I really hope that the Remake will be great.

4) Syberia The World Before -> The free prologue was really nice. As I said, I like atmospheric story-driven games and the prologue was very promising. I will have to play the previous games in the series some time before diving into this new one.

5) The Wayward Realms -> The Steam page reads "[FONT=&quot]Under the direction of Ted Peterson and Julian LeFay - lead developers of the team behind the Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall - Once Lost Games is creating a new open-world fantasy RPG where choice, consequence, scope and role-playing will be experienced like never before in a realistically-scaled open world in a new class of game: The Grand RPG."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]^ That's quite a mouthful to put it mildly so how can you not be very curious how this is going to turn out? :biggrin:

I haven't put games like Starfield or Dragon Age 4 here because they can not technically be wishlisted yet. All of the games above are actually on my Steam wishlist.
[/FONT]

At this moment I am only waiting for two games:
Elex 2
Horizon Forbidden West for PC (whenever that will happen)
As to the "why" (sorry, forgot that earlier):

I loved Elex 1 and I am a PB fanboy anyways.

I also loved Horizon zero dawn because it had the following properties:
- beautiful and believable world and atmosphere
- stealth gameplay, non-standard fighting (e.g by dominating monsters)
- big world with great exploration
- one of the best stories in a post-apocalyptic setting: how can mankind survive after all humans died? And how did that happen anyways?
- for some reason I liked all the monsters so I loved that I didn't need to kill everything on sight...

So if Elex 2 is similar to Elex I will love it and if Horizon Forbidden West is similar to HZD I will love it, too.

By the way I will probably also play the completed editions of Titan Quest and Spellforce 3, because I am also a fanboy of these. But they are not on my wishlist because I already own them. The latter also holds for Cyberpunk 2077 which I started for a few hours and put it on hold but will surely complete it some time next year.

I already got an inspiration from this thread: I am considering the new Syberia, since I am coincidentally just playing Syberia 1, which is nice (only very very slow....).

Top 5+4 upcoming:
1, Monomyth
2, The Iron Oath
3, Dark Envoy
4, Broken roads
5, Urban Strife
6, Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms
7, Hogwarts legacy
8, Elex 2
9, Stalker 2

Top 5 in EA:
1, Stoneshard
2, Baldur's gate 3
3, Colony ship
4, Encased
5, Stellar Tactics

Top 5 + 1 released:
1, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
2, Wasteland 3
3, Sherlock chapter 1
4, Wartales
5, Solasta: Crown of the Magister
6,Disciples: Liberation

Top 5+4 upcoming:
1, Monomyth
2, The Iron Oath
3, Dark Envoy
4, Broken roads
5, Urban Strife
6, Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms
7, Hogwarts legacy
8, Elex 2
9, Stalker 2

Top 5 in EA:
1, Stoneshard
2, Baldur's gate 3
3, Colony ship
4, Encased
5, Stellar Tactics

Top 5 + 1 released:
1, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
2, Wasteland 3
3, Sherlock chapter 1
4, Wartales
5, Solasta: Crown of the Magister
6,Disciples: Liberation
Why please?

1 - Elden Ring
2 - Dying Light 2
3 - Starfield
4 - Victoria 3
5 - TW: Warhammer 3

If I thought Bloodlines 2 had a shot at ever coming out and/or being good, that would be in there.

The whys:

1 - Elden Ring: I love all of Fromsoft's games, especially the Dark Souls series. To me, there's nothing else like them and very little that matches their quality.

2 - Dying Light 2: I like action adventures and I like the first Dying Light. This has the potential to have strong gameplay and a strong story, something not many zombie games can claim.

3 - Starfield: for all their faults, Bethesda GS makes open world games like no other company on Earth. Though I've soured on their output over the years, in the long view their games have meant more to me than perhaps any other single company's output so I'm willing to extend them a lot of chances for redemption. Hope strings eternal, this time in the cold of space.

4 - Victoria 3: I play Paradox games (mostly EU4) and I welcome a new entry in this series, with a modern UI. The time period is very interesting to me.

5 - TW: Warhammer 3: I've loved Warhammer for a long time, but didn't have the patience, money or local interested friends to do the miniatures thing. I wanted a game like this for a long time, and now that I have it I have yet to get tired of it. I buy everything they put out for this series. A new game means more new stuff than usual, which is a-okay with me.

Top 5: Indie Edition

1 - Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon: I really like the writing and atmosphere of the card game Tainted Grail so I'm hopeful for a continuation of that quality here.

2 - Weird West: give me more western RPGs! Or, you know, any of them.

3 - Everspace 2: I don't play many space shooters because they are often unfocused and tedious, with bad writing (like the X games), but this looks more my speed.

4 - Project Haven: promising Xcom type game

5 - Citizen Sleeper: just looks neat. I don't know much about it other than that.

Last edited:
Why those games ? :)
1. Elden Ring
Well, I've always been a fan of rings. They're arguably in the top 5 best pieces of jewelry ever created. The older the ring; the better the ring, that's what I've always said. This ring is so elden it could well be priceless! I really cannot wait until February when we can see just how elden this ring really is.

2. Lost Ark
Indiana Jones was one of my favourite movies growing up. Sure, maybe I had to close my eyes at the end when everyone's face melted but now that I'm all grown up I'm not afraid of melting faces anymore, or even that wolf in Never Ending Story, I can't wait to finally have a real Indiana Jones dating sim to play.

3. Endless Dungeon
They say the problem with all good things is that they must come to an end so what's not to like about an endless dungeon? While maybe not quite as appealing as an endless cup of coffee, at least we can avoid that end of game funk.

4. Alaloth
Even if the titles make them hard to tell apart, Jeff Vogels games have always been great. I'm excited to finally play the conclusion of the Avernum, Avadon, Alaloth trilogy.

5. Baldurs Gate 3
After playing Larians last game, Pathfinder: WOTR, I'm sure this is the right developer to be working on the task. It's hard not to be excited to finally get to play a new Baldurs Gate game that's so faithful to the originals.

1. BG3 - it probably shouldn't be no1 but bg2 is one of my favourite games of all time so I can't help it.
2. Jagged Alliance 3
3. X4 - Not buying until they add the Boron but when they do it will be insta buy.
4. Mechwarrior 5
5. Elex 2

After seeing game awards reveals list, it is the new star wars game made by quantic - it feels like my dream come true because of "multicharacter" whatever that does mean.
Then cautious expectations:
Elex II, Gothic remake, Hogwarts, Gollum
Starfield would be 6th - because I'm not sure how I would handle sci-fi
Well I could say all 3rd person RPGs really.

Last edited:
Why please?

Top 5+4 upcoming:
1, Monomyth: Gorgeous looking dungeon crawler.
2, The Iron Oath: A gritty tactical game rendered in glorious pixelart
3, Dark Envoy: Party based RPG, love the steampunk setting.
4, Broken roads: Post apocalyptic. Had my eye on this for a long time, hope it turns out as good as it looks
5, Urban Strife: Its got that Wasteland 2 vibe.
6, Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms: Isometric old school RPG.
7, Hogwarts legacy, Looks fantastic, open world, just hope it's more RPG than action.
8, Elex 2, Vowed to buy this on day one after having a great time with the first.
9, Stalker 2, can't wait, it's been a long time coming.

Top 5 in EA:
1, Stoneshard: already own, but have not played it yet, hard and unforgiving, my kind of RPG
2, Baldur's gate 3: Divinty 1&2 were amazing, Larian can do no wrong in my eyes, I have already purchased it, so awaiting the complete game.
3, Colony ship: I also own this, if it's any where near as good as Age of decadence it won't be half bad
4, Encased, looks a solid deep RPG hoping to pick this up over the Xmas holidays
5, Stellar Tactics, also hoping to pick this up over the Xmas holidays. some reviews have 500+ hrs and its still in EA.

Top 5 + 1 released:
1, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous: Enjoyed the first, heard this is better?
2, Wasteland 3. Wasteland 2 is one of my all time favourite games, has a lot of positive reviews.
3, Sherlock chapter 1, love anything Sherlock
4, Wartales: open world, combat looks great
5, Solasta: Crown of the Magister: been supporting this in EA and looking forward to playing it.
6,Disciples: Liberation: I'm drawn to the dark fantasy setting.

Elex II - Yeah I criticize PB for many reasons but I do enjoy there games. Elex was actually the first game since the Gothic series that brought back that past flame.

It's funny you say that because I had a similar impression. It's hard to pinpoint why for me, but Risen didn't do it for me. Risen felt like a step back in some ways and I didn't like the lore much either. Risen 2 was technically better in many ways but then I didn't like the island mechanics much. Then Risen 3 was really not for me.

Elex was a but magical again.

I already got an inspiration from this thread: I am considering the new Syberia, since I am coincidentally just playing Syberia 1, which is nice (only very very slow....).

I've only added a Plague Tale for now, but I find people's lists very interesting and I do enjoy reading the reasons why.

I'm not certain but, for example, it sounds like @lackblogger; did not enjoy Might and Magic 2 much and my understanding is that the series stays mostly the same until 4/5 and then changes again for 6 onwards. So I find it interesting lb wants to play number 3 even though it is likely going to be a similar experience to number 2.

I'm assuming lb expects an improved experience but still interesting to me.

The whys:

4 - Victoria 3: I play Paradox games (mostly EU4) and I welcome a new entry in this series, with a modern UI. The time period is very interesting to me.

This one I wouldn't mind seeing too, but last time I saw it was ages away. Wonder how it'll be.

I'm not certain but, for example, it sounds like @lackblogger; did not enjoy Might and Magic 2 much and my understanding is that the series stays mostly the same until 4/5 and then changes again for 6 onwards. So I find it interesting lb wants to play number 3 even though it is likely going to be a similar experience to number 2.

I'm assuming lb expects an improved experience but still interesting to me.

I've often found there can be very small difference that can make or break a game in terms of the enjoyment factor and little things that can radically alter it's overall quality of life.

At the moment I don't know if it's the core concept of the M&M games or if I tried one back in the day with annoying UI or monster spawn mechanics or backtracking or whatever. I think by trying them one-by-one I might get to the bottom of it.

I've often found there can be very small difference that can make or break a game in terms of the enjoyment factor and little things that can radically alter it's overall quality of life.

At the moment I don't know if it's the core concept of the M&M games or if I tried one back in the day with annoying UI or monster spawn mechanics or backtracking or whatever. I think by trying them one-by-one I might get to the bottom of it.

Good luck :)

Baldur's Gate 3 is definitely on my list too, but it will come later so I didn't even mention it. Larian is good at making fun games, and the EA showed me that one will be a lot of fun, even if it doesn't strictly stick to the D&D rules. What I enjoy most in their games is
1) the freedom of acting in all situations: you can interact with many parts of the world, even in combat
2) the semi open-world: it changes with chapters (at least it did in D:OS games), but they're vast and rewarding to explore
3) the dialogues and the story telling: always been a good quality in D:OS, and in the EA too from what I saw

Similarly, Starfield is for later but it will be on my list unless something terribly wrong happens with the game. Even if I'd rather see deeper stories, quests and companions and I now it will actually go the other way, it's far from bad and there's still a great exploratory component in their games.

The top game on my list is Wizardry: the 5 Ordeals which is probably dead for copywrite reasons.

The next 5 games are:
1. Expeditions: Rome
2. Archaelund
3. Trails of Cold Steel 3 (still have 2 in my backlog)
4. Disciples : Liberation
5. Cyberpunk 2077

Back
Top Bottom