What games are you playing now?

So, we just finished Eluna and the Moth campaign. We play on default difficulty so we managed to keep everyone alive. I'm quite a bit confused on ending though.

Here's question for those who finished Eluna and the Moth campaign - sorry but will tag you both @forgottenlor; @Pladio;

So both the Mothman and Ecthis are now forever trapped in the tower. In middle of it, it seemed like the Mothman died but then Ecthis resurrected him. Why did she do it? Was she jealous that he was free from the prison and met up with his family? Or she simply wanted a company of similar minded being?

Also, what happens if not everyone survive?

I've been playing the first Ace Attorney game and enjoying it quite a bit. The characters are over the top, but fun and endearing. The graphics are simple, but I like them (especially the character designs). The gameplay is simple, but it still feels like I can fail (and in fact, I have failed...twice). I have all 10, and at this point plan to keep playing them all eventually.

Playing the pathfinder sequel, really like it so far, the demon theme is great imo. Just conquered Drezen, siege was epic :D. Btw no way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? who the fuck thought mmb was a great idea for that considering rmb is barely used

Playing the pathfinder sequel, really like it so far, the demon theme is great imo. Just conquered Drezen, siege was epic :D. Btw no way to change rotating camera from MMB to RMB? who the fuck thought mmb was a great idea for that considering rmb is barely used

I don't know about that RMB, but I'd like that too. And increased range of zoom in/out. The only mod I've seen was still using the middle mouse button, unfortunately. I guess they chose the MMB to group the features since it has the camera zoom on the wheel.

Drezen is epic indeed :D

So, we just finished Eluna and the Moth campaign. We play on default difficulty so we managed to keep everyone alive. I'm quite a bit confused on ending though.

Here's question for those who finished Eluna and the Moth campaign - sorry but will tag you both @forgottenlor; @Pladio;

So both the Mothman and Ecthis are now forever trapped in the tower. In middle of it, it seemed like the Mothman died but then Ecthis resurrected him. Why did she do it? Was she jealous that he was free from the prison and met up with his family? Or she simply wanted a company of similar minded being?

Also, what happens if not everyone survive?

Just my view, but from what she was saying, she wanted a companion who understood her, but it's also hubris that she thinks she can 'convert' him.

Not sure about what happens if not everyone survives.

I interpreted it the same way Pladio does. I think all of my characters survived the battle as well.

Thanks to you both :)

We actually enjoyed The Enduring War more than Eluna and the Moth - the reason being:

we didn't think there was a good chemistry between sisters. Also felt it was weird for younger sister to go missing the entire chapter. In addition, we felt the story was a bit convoluted. The last battle was anxiety inducing too with number of thrixls they threw at us - I guess thats why we needed 2 legacy heroes.

Still it was enjoyable enough and we will move on to another module after a short break :)

Still playing Pathfinder: WotR as well - and commented in the Pathfinder forum about this, but just about an hour into Act II and absolutely hate the whole army & crusade management system ... hopefully will get a few tips to make it less awful so I can focus on the actual RPG that I want to play, otherwise I will quit pretty fast. Crap, was really enjoying it!

Still playing Pathfinder: WotR as well - and commented in the Pathfinder forum about this, but just about an hour into Act II and absolutely hate the whole army & crusade management system … hopefully will get a few tips to make it less awful so I can focus on the actual RPG that I want to play, otherwise I will quit pretty fast. Crap, was really enjoying it!
I dreaded the crusade system the moment I got my first non-party unit on the map, but quickly found it enjoyable. It's basically King's Bounty that you play in parallel.

Currently I'm completely immersed in the game, including the crusade system. When you level up your different stats there's lots of interesting choices to make. My vacation is almost over, which is a real pitty.

Quick tips:

Edit: moved to the tips & help thread.

For me it depends where I currently am in the story (and probably the mood in general). Sometimes I find it a nice distraction, but if I want to progress or see something new but I need the crusade in order to advance, it's not always welcome.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mechanics either, there's a contrast with the rest of the game in terms of maturity and finished.

I'm not entirely convinced by the mechanics either, there's a contrast with the rest of the game in terms of maturity and finished.

They're simplistic, but if they weren't they would be even more of a distraction from the rest of the game than they are now, and judging by player comments, that wouldn't be a good thing. Same as in Kingmaker, I like the sense of scope that the kingdom management events provide…how often in RPGs are you supposedly heading up an army (Dragon Age: Inquisition, for example), but you get no real sense of that?

The actual King's Bounty-esque battles aren't much fun and are more of a speedbump you have to navigate to get to the good stuff, but I think it's an okay trade-off. They're quick enough that I don't get bogged down in them.

Thanks - and also to @purpleblob1; - for the tips. Still not sure, but as noted in the Pathfinder forum, I reloaded a pre-Crusade save (only lost a couple of hours) and changed difficulty to 'story mode' for the crusade stuff. Appreciate the help! :)

I had some fun with my oculus, since I've been mostly using it for cardio.

I played the BBC published Home: Spacewalk VR demo, and it's pretty impressive. I mean I had wobbly legs a couple of times, and it scared the shit out of me sometimes. Plus the finale of the demo is really disorienting. I liked it a lot, and would love a full AAA game featuring spacewalks. I think it would be an amazing experience.

Also played a little bit of Pirate Trainer, which is basically space invaders in vr. Loads of fun also.

Thanks to you both :)

We actually enjoyed The Enduring War more than Eluna and the Moth - the reason being:

we didn't think there was a good chemistry between sisters. Also felt it was weird for younger sister to go missing the entire chapter. In addition, we felt the story was a bit convoluted. The last battle was anxiety inducing too with number of thrixls they threw at us - I guess thats why we needed 2 legacy heroes.

Still it was enjoyable enough and we will move on to another module after a short break :)

The younger sister joined my group as an adventurer. Do you mean its strange she doesn't play a role between her rescue and joining the group, or did she not join your group?

Due to the holidays and such with family, I've not had much of a chance to explore Legends of Amberland the past two weeks, yet I'm hoping to get some time in shortly. I love how the game is set up, it's like an early version of M&M games with plenty of quests to find and huge areas to explore, both outside and within. My group of seven are all around level twenty now, with some decent gear and being able to take more abuse than they could earlier.

Played some more Space Pirate Trainer VR, and man I'm shocked by two things. How absolute fun it is, for having such basica mechanics. I mean, it's basically Space Invaders in VR. But it's got room-scale vr so you can dodge around enemy projectiles, while shooting the droids.

The other thing that's impresive is the sense of scale you get in VR. That's the one constant in most good VR games I've played. They all do scale properly, in that you often feel very small and little in that space. And when you finally deal with the bigger droids and spaceships they are truly impossing.

I'm playing through Legendary Journeys again. The game is completable now, but the developer is still working on bug squashing and consistency with the game elements.

I've probably described LJ before, but it's basically MM6 but without real-time combat. You can only fight in turn-based mode though monsters wander about in real-time on the map. There are several weapon and magic skills and all are trainable from initiate, novice, expert and finally master. You can self train initiate and novice but will need to train for expert and master levels. There are a couple dozen skills in all. Races are human, elf, half-elf, dwarf, half-orc and a dragon/human called Khoth. Classes are fighter, cleric, mage, thief, druid, monk, bard, necromancer, death knights and paladins.

The game world is MMVII-ish in size but the dungeons aren't quite as big as MMVI; which is likely a good thing. This is a high loot world and luck definitely plays a big role in the quality of loot. No lowering luck to 1 to raise battle attributes ;)

Game is pretty cheap too, so you get good value for your dollar. If you like turn-based blobbers with non-grid movement, you can't go wrong. This is the closest you will get to a MM game in the near future.

The younger sister joined my group as an adventurer. Do you mean its strange she doesn't play a role between her rescue and joining the group, or did she not join your group?

The younger mystic sister went missing/travelled with Eluna the whole chapter 3 (?), so was underlevelled in later chapters - which we really didn't like

Back
Top Bottom