The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I found two albums I really have always enjoyed listening to during the holidays, Imagine and Double Fantasy. All of his discs are well worth listening to, yet those two seem to be my favorites. To this day it's still haunting, how we lost such a musical genius and prodigy way too early. You simply cannot go wrong with checking out anything John Lennon ever composed or sang.

Age Of Love - The Age Of Love (Charlotte de Witte & Enrico Sangiuliano Remix)

Awesome techno track. Didn't know techno still exists as a genre.

Today I woke up a beast from decades-gone-by.....Motley Crue, the greatest hits. Primal Scream has to be one of their best songs by far, I'd not heard that tune in like twenty years, hearing it today woke up the beast!

I made sure the neighbors could hear it, too! -)

So, following a suggestion from a friend, who advised since I enjoyed Motley Crue, I might want to check out New Tattoo, one of their albums from about twenty-two years ago. I remember seeing them live about the time this was released, when Maloney was sitting in for Lee, and man, she can bang those drums!! Of course, if you're familiar with her work in Hole, you already well know her skills. In any case, it's a fine album, I would totally love to see the band at the Grammy's one day playing "Fake" live in front of all the big-wigs! Of course, I'm not sure if Vince's voice is up to it these days, yet it would be a spectacle to behold.

Today I woke up a beast from decades-gone-by…..Motley Crue, the greatest hits. Primal Scream has to be one of their best songs by far, I'd not heard that tune in like twenty years, hearing it today woke up the beast!

I made sure the neighbors could hear it, too! -)

Lucky (?) neighbours!

A chilly yet sunny day called me to the porch with three Breeder albums in hand: Pod, Safari, and Last Splash. To this day, one of the best performances I've ever witnessed in person was seeing Safari done live, on a sweltering summer day.

And as I've said many times over the decades, their parent got quite the.....Deal, when Kelly and Kim came along!

Foggy and overcast was the morning, though after noon time the sun made an appearance, so out to the porch went I with loot in hand.....some of Frank Zappa's and the Mothers' Finest to while away an afternoon during lunch. After the film I watched last night, this music fit perfectly.

Foggy and overcast was the morning, though after noon time the sun made an appearance, so out to the porch went I with loot in hand…..some of Frank Zappa's and the Mothers' Finest to while away an afternoon during lunch. After the film I watched last night, this music fit perfectly.

I was on an ‘Apostrophe’ (plus Inca Roads and Montana) tear recently … such great stuff.

Ahhh Inca Roads, isn't that off One Size Fits All? That is also a very good, easy to listen to album. And Over-nite Sensation has been one of my favourites for almost fifty years, now. Great stuff!

Oh and yes, today by request, BTO stormed the porch in grand fashion! I went with the first three albums, the grand BTO inception followed by Not Fragile and Four Wheel Drive. Thanks for the suggestion, my feet are still dancing in a most happy fashion!

Ahhh Inca Roads, isn't that off One Size Fits All? That is also a very good, easy to listen to album. And Over-nite Sensation has been one of my favourites for almost fifty years, now. Great stuff!

Oh and yes, today by request, BTO stormed the porch in grand fashion! I went with the first three albums, the grand BTO inception followed by Not Fragile and Four Wheel Drive. Thanks for the suggestion, my feet are still dancing in a most happy fashion!

Thank you!!!

Well, we could have some real fun with this request concept. We could bury our friend in gazing goodness, or we could do the whiplash thing and do NIN to Enya to Public Enemy or some such... :)

I actually haven't been listening to much now that my commute is down in 7 minutes. Still pretty excited about Bathe Alone. She posted a few live tracks that are fun to watch and hear. I love how the band is happy. Remember when music was fun and happy?

I actually haven't been listening to much now that my commute is down in 7 minutes.

Funny how that works - for the last several years mine has been 5 miles in zero traffic suburban roads ... I don't miss the 35 miles each way I had in the Boston area, but I sure did listen to a lot more music back then! :D

Back
Top Bottom