HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hell Fire RPGs checked out the the remastered version of Final Fantasy III:

Final Fantasy 3 - Review [Pixel Remaster]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlqlojPS28M

Final Fantasy 3! The one that got away. It took 31 years for the original FF3 to leave Japan. Last year, in the year 2021, was the FIRST time gamers outside of Japan were able to experience a version based on the original NES game. The Final Fantasy III pixel remaster is the best way to experience the NES version of FFIII, and this isn't just because it's the only official way to do so. Watch this review to find out why!
More information.

I bought and played the first two pixel re-releases last year, and I'll be grabbing this one next time I spot it on a sale. They did a great job on the first two that I played and I expect they did justice to the third game as well.

I bought and played the first two pixel re-releases last year, and I'll be grabbing this one next time I spot it on a sale. They did a great job on the first two that I played and I expect they did justice to the third game as well.

I am waiting for the Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster (coming in February) to hop on to these (my favorite entry) - but I have been happy to hear good things!

I am waiting for the Final Fantasy VI pixel remaster (coming in February) to hop on to these (my favorite entry) - but I have been happy to hear good things!

I'm looking forward to FF VI as well. It's one of the few JRPGs I really liked, and I hope they do a good job with the Steam port. I've seen mixed opinions about the the ports of IV & V.

I never played FFVI but I repeatedly noticed its being ranked pretty high by internet common opinion (if anything like that exists). Pixel remaster done well would create perfect conditions for me to finally find out how good it is, for myself.

Yeah I plan on grabbing FF five and six as well, after I purchase and complete the third one. I believe I'll skip over the fourth game pixel version, as I recently romped through that one and don't feel the need to revisit it in the immediate future.

I never played FFVI but I repeatedly noticed its being ranked pretty high by internet common opinion (if anything like that exists). Pixel remaster done well would create perfect conditions for me to finally find out how good it is, for myself.

Just keep in mind that it's nearly 30 years old at this point, so nostalgia is probably a factor in that opinion. That said, if you like these types of games anyways, you should like FFVI.

The frequency of random encounters always ended up killing my interest in completing FF games. I recall dungeons where you can barely move without another tedious fight. I haven't played them all but I think X is the only one I've ever completed because the random encounter rate wasn't as ridiculous (and there was even an item you could equip which would shut them off completely).

The frequency of random encounters always ended up killing my interest in completing FF games. I recall dungeons where you can barely move without another tedious fight. I haven't played them all but I think X is the only one I've ever completed because the random encounter rate wasn't as ridiculous (and there was even an item you could equip which would shut them off completely).

Was expecting to like X, as it theoretically checks all important boxes for me, but was left extremely confused by setting and character motivations. I know, its FF, one should expect lots of nonsense that sometimes might even be explained later in the game, but in this case i didnt manage somehow. Perhaps I give it another shot in the future.

Just keep in mind that it's nearly 30 years old at this point, so nostalgia is probably a factor in that opinion. That said, if you like these types of games anyways, you should like FFVI.

Thx for warning, but I hope time of release shouldnt be issue for me. Few years ago I played Chrono Trigger for the first time (DS version) and finished it in one breath. So I would definitely give FFVI shot, sooner or later, even if pixel remaster wasnt made.

It might be near thirty years of age yet plenty of games that have been released in the past few decades only wish they were one tenth as enjoyable. And if you enjoyed Chrono Trigger you will certainly feel right at home with almost any of the final fantasy games, at least the ones that don't have online junk involved.

Was expecting to like X, as it theoretically checks all important boxes for me, but was left extremely confused by setting and character motivations. I know, its FF, one should expect lots of nonsense that sometimes might even be explained later in the game, but in this case i didnt manage somehow. Perhaps I give it another shot in the future.

I kind of hated the main character (Tidus?); just a whiny little brat really. And I recall the Blitzball minigame was really awful. IMHO the combat system was decent though (for a JRPG style at least) and I remember the "Aeons" you could summon were pretty cool. I wouldn't rank it as one of my favorite games or anything, it was just the only FF game that didn't make me quit out of boredom… Actually think I was enjoying the story of IX a lot more but I eventually got to some dungeon with a ridiculous amount of random encounters and couldn't take it anymore.

Sometimes to fully enjoy these Final Fantasy games, you simply have to go along with the flow. Certainly the stories/back rounds aren't always so coherent, yet in the end at least the single player games are well worth checking out, should the genre be to your liking. I cannot speak to the online ones, as those I avoid.

Back
Top Bottom