ELEX II - Combat Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here's a new combat trailer for ELEX II:

ELEX II - Combat Trailer (english)

Invaders arrived. Started taking over the world, transforming it. Pre-order now and stop them before it's too late!
More information.

Yow, low blow at 1:07! Let's have a good, clean fight gentlemen! ;)

Wow, an english trailer.
So will they finally do some global promotion?

They try so hard to please those youtubers, but I'm pretty sure the combat will not be good enough for some players of combat games
- it seems to me God of war still does have better animations, also it does have 130k view on THQ youtube and 500 likes, I wonder how many dislikes it would have.

I miss Risen 1 combat, just if they could make dynamic auto targetting to the closest target, co it could work for multiple targets figth and it would be fine for me.

They try so hard to please those youtubers, but I'm pretty sure the combat will not be good enough for some players of combat games
- it seems to me God of war still does have better animations, also it does have 130k view on THQ youtube and 500 likes, I wonder how many dislikes it would have.

I miss Risen 1 combat, just if they could make dynamic auto targetting to the closest target, co it could work for multiple targets figth and it would be fine for me.

Oh the combat is already getting bashed for the janky look in the trailer. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, but PB has never been known for great combat.

Something like God of War of course is going have better animations. That game had a massive budget that is probably multiple times what PB was able to spend on Elex II.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the combat in all the Gothic games and Elex.
Sick to death of the spastic blur combat with super-sized weapons. I think the weapon size/scale in Elex was just right, no 200lb., 15 foot long swords or hammers. No firearms or energy weapons it would take a crane to lift or wield.

Looks fine to me. You can't tell from a trailer how responsive it will be, though. In Elex 1 there was a lot of input lag. Get rid of that and I'll be happy.

I'm with you there. I have played all of PB games and Risen 1 has the best combat still. Elex 1 was fine, but not that good.

Oh the combat is already getting bashed for the janky look in the trailer. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, but PB has never been known for great combat.

Something like God of War of course is going have better animations. That game had a massive budget that is probably multiple times what PB was able to spend on Elex II.

What I don't understand is why they can't improve the combat system of their games. There are so many action RPGs on the market with much great combat feel. Like Mortal Shell or Surge for ex. And these were done by indie or AA companies. I know the strength of PB RPGs have never been the combat but exploration and interaction, but still this trailer can turn many people off.

Cynically speaking, just another example of the notion that "games are about nothing but combat".

they could have released a trailer showing dialogs, but no-one wants that - which shows me, how much degraded gaming is now : "games are about nothing but combat".

Cynically speaking, just another example of the notion that "games are about nothing but combat".

they could have released a trailer showing dialogs, but no-one wants that - which shows me, how much degraded gaming is now : "games are about nothing but combat".

What it's actually an example of is how you'll ignore anything you need to in order to keep harping on this tired "games are too violent and that's all anyone cares about" thing.

This is the third Elex II trailer. The first trailer was "story" and was mostly people talking to each other. The second trailer was "factions".

What I don't understand is why they can't improve the combat system of their games. There are so many action RPGs on the market with much great combat feel. Like Mortal Shell or Surge for ex. And these were done by indie or AA companies. I know the strength of PB RPGs have never been the combat but exploration and interaction, but still this trailer can turn many people off.

I didn't think the combat in Elex was as bad as some people like to claim. It's not very good from a mechanical standpoint, but I still found it enjoyable.

Like anything else, the quality is directly proportionate to the amount of time and effort put into it. I'd like the combat system to be better of course, but not if it means less time spent on the worldbuilding.

I was originally going to preorder this, but I've since changed my mind. I have the feeling it's a lot more combat oriented than I believed at first. Plus, there are just too many games coming out this year that I want to play.

I'll still check it out at some point, but I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.

You're making this too hard for yourself. You should be a bit more optimistic and shoudn't deal in absolutes.

With Elex there is a game that certainly is not mainly about combat. And there are many more. There are whole genres without combat. Also there are a lot gamers who like these games.
So the statement "games are about nothing but combat" is just wrong, has always been and will (most likely) forever be.

Yes, for a lot of games and a lot of gamers combat is the most important feature of a game. And perhaps the share is growing. (But I've heard the same 20 years ago.)
But it's not all black yet. A lot of gray and even white.

Like anything else, the quality is directly proportionate to the amount of time and effort put into it.
It may be nitpicky, but I don't think it's directly proportionate but logarithmic. Increasing quality from 90% to 95% takes a lot more effort than increasing from 50% to 55% (however quality is measured..).

Back
Top Bottom