The TV Series discussion thread

I'm also a Vera fan. I like a good murder mystery with no gore/serial killers.

Have you tried the TV series Shetland? Based on books by the same author (Ann Cleeves). There have been hints throughout the Vera series of how she became the person she is, an early Vera tv series might be good.

No, I have not tried it. I will look into it. Thanks for mentioning it, Quato.

I am no fan of gore. Far from it.
After having seen series like The Fall, Killing Eve and Gentleman Jack I have a grown a liking to strong female lead characters. Of course, Scandinavian series like The Bridge set a new standard a while ago and I find many series having a more interesting character being it male or female since then (well, at least the ones I saw), although nowadays I find myself sometimes complaining there seems to be hardly any interesting series without the lead character having some sort of psychiatric trait, being it male of female.

I'm also a Vera fan. I like a good murder mystery with no gore/serial killers.

Have you tried the TV series Shetland? Based on books by the same author (Ann Cleeves). There have been hints throughout the Vera series of how she became the person she is, an early Vera tv series might be good.

Shetland: Yes all six series (since 2013). Douglas Henshall reported, back in November , that there was 4 weeks of filming left for series 7 which I think are on the Scottish mainland. Some talk about it being broadcast some time this year (Autumn?).

I think what I like about them is the solving of the crime by collecting clues, picking up on body languages and the slow hunt of the bad people. Sometimes being surprised by the outcome but never "that can't be right".

Last night I polished off another telly series, this one being Bosch. It ended rather well, I would have liked to have seen some better set ups for some of the lesser members of the show, though Harry and daughter are well posed for the next series, I believe. All in all a most worthy police drama, and I'll be checking out the new iteration of the show whenever it premieres.

On the topic of good quality detective dramas, we're currently up to season 11 of CSI original series. Lawrence Fishburne's last season as the main detective.

And who should appear in episode 1? None other than Justin Bieber, old school Bieber complete with his bob-hair.

justin-bieber-csi-fotos-novas8968.jpg

He then pops up later in the series for a second episode. That was a blast from the past and tops the episode from season 9 which saw a guest appearance from Taylor Swift.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bieber's episodes were really quite good as well, I was much surprised.

So you now are a Belieber? ;)

All hail! :lol:

Nah, it's how I know for sure that I am now officially an old fart, I've probably only ever heard about 3 or 4 Bieber songs and I couldn't tell you the name of any of them, but could probably say I think I remember liking two of them.

Are people still trying to decide if Bieber is a good musician yet? Or has that debate finally been settled by this point?

Also, welcome back @Eye; !

Are people still trying to decide if Bieber is a good musician yet? Or has that debate finally been settled by this point?
Dunno. I know he bought a penthouse in the center of Amsterdam which was again for sale a year later, and that "beliebers" had been waiting in anticipation, but that's about it. (The things we read and, worse, remember!)
Can't tell any of his song titles either. Does this mean we now finally have something in common? ;)

After taking a little break from the series, last night I started watching the third season of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel show, and it's off to a great start. I like her new job, opening for a well known and established singing, though it appears she needs to work on her stage-craft a bit as far as introductions are concerned!

I took a break from Mr. Inbetween, and three days ago started watching the third series. I didn't expect to see him finally land in jail so quickly, lol, that temper of his is something else!!

It's a weird show. It reminds me a bit of Soprano's and Breaking Bad, in the sense that I'm watching to see how the lead character is going to get his come-uppance in the end, exactly what form will it take. I mean, Ray is pure scum, no grey about it, some of his relations keep him a little in check, though in the end he's basically a chaotic mess of a person. I'm three episodes into the third series now.

Last night I finished my re-watch of Freaks and Geeks. It only has eighteen episodes so I got through it rather quickly, in less than three months, and it's just as good as I remember it. This is a show that could easily come back, as it ended on several rather interesting places, most notably what would the daughter do after she lied to her parents and went to follow the Dead for a few months, lol. They could easily pick this show up twenty years later and peek into their current lives, just to see where they all ended up!

Just finished the second season of Ozark. I liked it even more than the first season which I thought was really good.

I did get annoyed by the very implausible decisions of some of the characters though. There are multiple instances where people's actions and results made little or no sense whatsover. For example..

You have to stash tens of millions in cash somewhere and you're not having it guarded 24/7 or at least have some kind of surveillance system? C'mon…
That said, it's still pretty great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Just finished the second season of Ozark. I liked it even more than the first season which I thought was really good.

I did get annoyed by the very implausible decisions of some of the characters though. There are multiple instances where people's actions and results made little or no sense whatsover. For example..

You have to stash tens of millions in cash somewhere and you're not having it guarded 24/7 or at least have some kind of surveillance system? C'mon…
That said, it's still pretty great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

I'm waiting for all the episodes to watch it, but thanks for the impressions :)
Looks like something fun to look forward to.

Watching Archive 81 atm with the spouse. We're about halfway through and we're pretty hooked. Solid show so far.

I've only one episode left in Reacher and looking forward to seeing how it all ends up. I won't call this a perfect show, yet never while watching did I reach for a book or wonder if I could be viewing something better. This is a full redemption from the awful movies of earlier, and a show I'll continue to check out when the next series comes along.

And even something better that I watched, Canada securing the gold in women's hockey!! What an epic run for them this round, and total redemption for how the last rout ended, these ladies left it all out on the ice.

I recently started watching "The Legend of Vox Machina" on Prime and that is a fabulous series... based on the characters of P&P RPG group Critical Role......
Its funny, sad, thrilling and for me as a long time P&P Player this is an absolute Must-see......

Back
Top Bottom