• Stranger Things
  • Black books
  • Beforeigners
  • Black Adder
  • The Marples and the Poirots
  • Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister
  • ?
  • ?

pibbuR who will edit in more if he can remember other favourites.

PS. This Easter I watched "The Magpie Murders", which I found to be very clever. A bit early to say if it will be a favourite, but definitely a runner-up. DS.

EDIT:Thanks to Corwin for reminding me of the minister.

Last edited:
1. Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister
2. To A Manor Born
3. Some Mothers Do Have Them
4. Doctor Who Classics
5. Doctor Who David Tennant
6. Zorro (Disney)
7. Perry Mason (Raymond Burr)
8. Superman (George Reeves)
9. Chuck (except for the last season)
10. The Good Doctor

I had to finish with a couple of more modern shows for all those who've never heard of my other selections!! :)

Game of Thrones would have been on here easily if it had maintained the quality is had through its first four seasons. As it is, as a whole, it's top 50 at best.

There still aren't any pure fantasy dramas that are better, though I realize that isn't saying much considering how bad most fantasy TV series are.

There still aren't any pure fantasy dramas that are better, though I realize that isn't saying much considering how bad most fantasy TV series are.

I can understand the love for GOT. But it's not my cup of tea, probably because fantasy in general is not my cup of tea.

pibbuR who likes LOTR (books and films and MMO) and may/may not like the upcoming TV series.

PS. Fantasy is a bit like comedy and horror (and (real) football matches): Some good ones, lots of very plain vanilla mediocrity (correct English?), which makes finding the good ones difficult. (possibly unless you follow the Watch) DS.

Seems like there's a fair amount of reasonable fantasy shows going on right now, but none are completed yet so I suppose they wouldn't belong in a thread like this. The Witcher, Wheel of Time, Shadow and Bone, His Dark Materials, Carnival Row… Though it's quite unlikely that any of those end up being better than GoT.

Black Books
Father Ted
Ideal
Spaced
The Killing
The Bridge
Trapped
Dark
Katla
Bordertown (Finnish)

Honourable mentions to Post Mortem (No One Dies in Skarnes), Borgen, Thou Shalt Not Kill (Italian) and Derry Girls.

Thanks to @Philistine; for putting 60s Outer Limits and Twilight Zone back in my consciousness, happily lost myself down a vintage TV youtube rabbit hole yesterday.

Thanks to @Philistine; for putting 60s Outer Limits and Twilight Zone back in my consciousness, happily lost myself down a vintage TV youtube rabbit hole yesterday.

Season 1 of Twilight Zone is vastly superior to season 2. I did hour long reviews of both for Youtube but they were both removed by CBS on copywrite grounds.

Season 1 of Twilight Zone is vastly superior to season 2. I did hour long reviews of both for Youtube but they were both removed by CBS on copywrite grounds.
I'd happily watch any episode from any of the original 5 seasons. I love anthology shows. Anthology horror is fairly common, but anthology sci-fi is much rarer. I should have put Love,Death + Robots on my list.

Deadwood is one of my favorite series. And I'd add Why Women Kill.

I'd happily watch any episode from any of the original 5 seasons. I love anthology shows. Anthology horror is fairly common, but anthology sci-fi is much rarer. I should have put Love,Death + Robots on my list.

Even the hour long experiment for season 4? Oh wow, that's quite some dedication to the format.

In no particular order
  • Black Adder
  • Coupling
  • The Bridge (Swedish/Danish version obviously)
  • How not to live your life
  • Game of Thrones
  • Carnivale
  • Star Trek TNG and DS9
  • Babylon 5
  • Line of Duty
  • Breaking Bad

A top ten:

-Carnivale
-Babylon Five
-Doctor Who (prior to 2010, the classics from sixties seventies and eighties, mostly)
-the Prisoner
-Better Call Saul
-Deadwood
-Firefly
-Deep Space Nine
-Robin of Sherwood (the first series is magnificient)
-Twin Peaks

Off the top of my head...
  • Allo Allo
  • The Expanse
  • Babylon 5
  • Battlestar Galactica (2004)
  • Star Trek: DS9
  • Spartacus: Blood and Sand
  • Vikings
  • The Last Kingdom
  • Modern Family
  • Het Eiland (Flemish version of "The Office")

Like others I have a hard time picking, but for me it's because I sometimes forget things I have watched, no matter how good they are/were. So here's a list of good shows in no particular order.

- West Wing
- The Wire
- Stargate SG1
- The Pretender
- Sopranos
- Simpsons
- Battlestar Galactica
- Brothers and Sisters
- 24 (Season 1)
- Downton Abbey
- Dr Who
- Ozark