Personal things you don't need to know

I have some kind of "carry belt" at my work. I call it a "kangaroo bag", because it has a bag in which there are those essential things I need when I go out into the production hall.
Hanging on that belt is a second ... what's the word ... kind of a pocket for a cutting knife and a pen, which I need out there, too.

My most important keys are always attached to my trousers with a metal chain for more than 10 years now. Every time i need to wash my trousers, I take it away from the trousers and attach it on the new/fresh trousers. This way I have my keys always with me (most importantly the one for opening the house).

To work I always carry a backpack with many things within it, like an umbrella, breakfast, cell phone, camers, warm clothing in winter, and some band aid.

This behaviour comes from my youth, where I learned to always be prepared !

I don't think @pibbuR; thinks of himself as a 'stupid' 'idiot', imo it is just his way of presenting a story.

On a side note, it is sometimes done to ensure people are less prone to call you 'stupid' and the like, or that people will hopefully start to tell you otherwise ('Nooo, you are not stupid, do not think that low of yourself, you are an intelligent person!') I have grown allergic to people doing the latter, because my mum used to fish for compliments that way.
I don't get the impression @pibbuR; is doing either btw.

Aristotle wrote:
"The more you know, the more you realize you don't know."

Definitely true for me.

Attachments

• Aristotle.jpg
    Aristotle.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 50
Yes, but realizing how little you know and saying/thinking you are stupid, an idiot, et cetera, do not go together in my experience. You are modest, but you do not lower yourself that way.

And I think, pibbuR, being a modest man, presenting stories in a certain way, like others would use parody for instance, might agree with me on that point.

Just to bounce off that, because I truly value well-learned people, and I feel pibbur is one of those people - Isaac Newton was one of the most brilliant minds in history, and he figured out the answer to questions that people didn't even know how to ask.

Just as well, a particle scientist may wonder why are there different generations of quarks, or why is the weak interaction between them so strange. Why does light behave like a wave but project itself like a particle when observed or experimented on. An ignorant person does not even know to ask these questions, or that such things even exist, living in the illusion that they have it all figured out.

Asking questions and accepting one's own ignorance in search of answers is the first and foremost indication of a brilliant mind.

"The wise man knows that he doesn't know."
(Taken from SWTOR)

I just successfully killed a fly!! It has (had) been bothering me for days (I blame the wife for it's presence), and has (had) evaded me for exactly the same period of time. But finally .. BANG!!! MUTILATE!!! PUMMEL!!! (Quote: Karbunkle)

pibbuR who realizes he might have to change his hostile attitude (and corresponding actions) against his racial enemy, the Shelob wannabes.

PS: There is a technique (works sometimes) for taking them out. Don't strike at them. Clap your hands above them, and the idiots unwittingly jump straight into the trap. As said, it works sometimes. DS

Last edited:
BANG!!! MUTILATE!!! PUMMEL!!!
Well done! As someone who hates the little buggers, I sympathize.

Now I'm using mosquito screens and strongly recommend them. And this is better because it also prevents those from getting in the house (after all, that's the intent), they're even more difficult to catch and give sleepless nights of hunting them down. ;)

Life is tough. I'm soooo tired..

3 weeks of Tour de France. One week+ of world track and field championship, which the americans for some reason insist on arranging when everyone''s supposed to be asleep. Supposed to. I woke up at 02AM CET summer time.

Fortunately there are still a couple of weeks until the European chamiponship, and the Vuelta, and rumour has it that those events wil, take time at more reasonable hours.

pibbuzzzzZZZZZZZZ

PS. Of course, as a Norwegian I regard mr Ingebrigtsen's slaughter of his opponents on the 5000 m run, the major event of the event. F*ck the WR on 100 hurdles race, and mr Duplantis' pole vaulting. We Norwegians know what counts. DS.

PPS. Especially disregard (without saying) the so-called achievements of the so-called athletes from the so-called down under. Except ms Jeneke.DS

The Commonwealth Games begin at the end of this week and they're in the UK, though Australia will dominate I'm sure!! :p :)

And you missed the Spa-Francorchamps grand prix, one of the best circuits! (yes, I may be biased) ;)

Heh, I was mistaken by a bogus F1 calendar, it's actually later (right now, it's the 24h). I should have known better, it's always been in late August here. Maybe that's why I couldn't find any footage of the race. 🙄

I'm only watching sporadically but I find it entertaining on some circuits. After years of banishing all personal innovations from constructors and setting up complicated rules, it seems that they've reached a point where there are some interesting strategic moves by the team and by the pilots, which makes it worthwhile again. There's still too much dominance by a very few big teams, however.

Last edited:
BANG!!! MUTILATE!!! PUMMEL!!! (Quote: Karbunkle)
In German language, someone is "pummelig" when he or she is a little bit thicker (read : has more weight) than normal.
One could even say "he is a Pummel", but I have not heard or read that, as far as I can remember into the past. The female form would be "Pummeline", rather, and I *think* I have heard or read that once ...

Yes they are. Marianne Vos will probably not keep the yellow jersey. My money is on someone from the Netherlands winning the Tour de France Femmes anyway :D

And the Summer Basho?? (Finished now thought).
I probably didn't watch it. Probably. Don't knoiw what the SB is, and haven't so far looked it up (may do it after writing this). So if it hasn't got anything to do with Twin Peaks, hive insects (anything shown on the Curiositystream) or programming, I most likely didn't watch it.

pIBBUr who EDIT: now knows he didn't watch it.

Fourth major sumo tournament of the year. Just an amazing spectacle particularly as I've seen some live twice. Skill is what surprised me, particularly the footwork.

Back
Top Bottom