Turn Based Lovers - Top 15 PC Open World RPGs & Strategy Games

It does me good to continue to hear such praise of Expeditions: Rome. I really enjoy the prior two games in the series and once I see Rome at a decent discount, it shall be mine to abuse!

'thought the same till i played it. I find it that good i have paid full for it.

Battle Brothers with all the updates and DLCs is almost the perfect game for me. I have so many hours played, it's like meditation for me. When I play BB all my worries disappear. Then my favorite mercenary dies and I chuck my computer out the window.

Battle Brothers with all the updates and DLCs is almost the perfect game for me. I have so many hours played, it's like meditation for me. When I play BB all my worries disappear. Then my favorite mercenary dies and I chuck my computer out the window.
Someone gifted me a copy I can't remember which member it was. It wasn't bad if you could get past the bobble head design decision. Wartales looks to be better though.
Oh man, you should try searching lists for City Builders *shudders*

I tried again yesterday & it's the same lists they were 5 years ago, same old series with the odd weird novelty game stuffed in for variance sake:

Cities Skylines, SIMCity3000 (or whatever), Tropico (latest one), latest Anno game, Banished (even though you don't build any cities, just a small village, town at best), Pharaoh (or any of that millennium era series), Frostpunk, roller coaster tycoons, theme hospital variants & then some random cheesy mobile looking thing/s with WoW graphics.
I noticed all those lists have the same games as well. I use a website that tracks 4X, strategy, and city builders. Surprise there is even a Pharaoh remaster in development.

Yeah, Battle Brothers is an excellent game, one that I've been meaning to replay for a time, now. Might have to snag any decent-looking additional content then schedule in a month for a serious re-visit.

i do know that feeling!!

I noticed all those lists have the same games as well. I use a website that tracks 4X, strategy, and city builders. Surprise there is even a Pharaoh remaster in development.

Lol. And that series is one of my least favourite anyway. Not because of anything in particular, but they just has this really spammy gameplay that was less about building than it was about mass production.

Back
Top Bottom