V Rising - Early Access Review @ Worth A Buy

A lot of my friends are playing this. And I likely would be too if I had not been revisiting Minecraft the past few months; I'm somewhat burned out on factory'esque games for the immediate future.

Isn't this Early Access?

Love to see videos tagged as "Review" for a game that hasn't even been released. It's as deceptive as absurd.

Would be nice if at least Early Access games were tagged appropriately.

Isn't this Early Access?

It's already more feature-rich than many AAA games at launch. So, no, the review is hardly deceptive. Much less a review you clearly didn't even watch (the reviewer discusses this) prior to you getting on your podium.

Love to see videos tagged as "Review" for a game that hasn't even been released. It's as deceptive as absurd.
Early Access Reviews exist and usually reviewers very much acknowledge the state of the game. Nothing about that is deceptive or absurd (as some games are almost complete in early access, see Valheim or this one, nothing about the core gameplay will change in these).

Everyone interested in this game also knows it is in early access, it's written in big letters on its own store page, it's in most comments under the reviews, it's being shown in streams, it's .... you'd have to be obvlivious to not be able to gather this is an early access game.

You just seem to have an axe to grind here for whatever reason and it's painfully transparent.

And some people wonder why this site has so few users and is in the verge of vanishing.

Don't worry, I'll keep demanding better standards for all of us. Not like anything you do or say could change that.

You're welcome.

PS: Thank you for changing the header of the news to reflect it's Early Access, much appreciated.

Don't worry @Nereida I agree with you this time. I know that's rare.:biggrin:

Frankly I'm starting to tire of the Early Access model for game development. As you never quite know when a single new game will actually be content complete anymore.

Doesn't help that Steam considers the EA release date as the release date either.

Steam literally puts Early Access status under your nose when you visit the page of any game in EA. You would have to be blind not to notice that. Also why is the fact people are willing to play unfinished games problem anyways? Is it some weird lack of patience issue?

By the way, in the first video the streamer talks quite a bit about the fact that game is unfinished. Didnt bother checking second video as its clear the scam complaints are baseless.

Don't worry @Nereida I agree with you this time. I know that's rare.:biggrin:

I knew the day would come! What other surprises does the future hold? :D

Definitely no surprise from Adnrew23 joining the anti-Nereida bandwagon with yet another factory-canned zero-contribution clueless statement, oblivious to the fact that I meant for the thread to reflect that the "review" is about a game in Early Access, while throwing some scorn along the way to the fact that an Early Access game gets a "review", which in my opinion is a joke.

As the news poster kindly edited the header afterwards to reflect that the game is Early Access, the missunderstanding was solved.

But by all means, hate on, please. That will make the mediocre games you love better, and my opinion about them more favourable.

Right?

RIGHT?!

PB circlejerk: "This threat is too great. Assemble!"

zl7ZcfN.jpg

Nice redirection.

Right?

RIGHT?!

:juggle:

And some people wonder why this site has so few users and is in the verge of vanishing.
Could it have something to do with the habitual posters who rage on topics they don't have any vested interest in beyond raging? And thereby derail entire threads so that any meaningful on-topic discussion is lost before it began? Perhaps.

Just my 2c.

I hated Diablo and korean MMOs. Against my better judgement and under peer pressure I got V rising.

It is a cross between Valhaim and Diablo, while being worse than any of them. I hate the camera with passion, which makes already clunky combat system unbearable.

In any case, if you like Diabloids and korean grindfest MMOs, V rising will hit all the right spots.

Doesn't help that Steam considers the EA release date as the release date either.
Yeah, that is really weird and I have no clue why Valve doesn't change that despite getting called out on it all the time.
It's not THAT hard to add another column or table for EA/Normal release date in a database and then show both on a game's page…

But Valve is so crazy slow when it comes to their store/Steam client development anyways, this is unfortunately not surprising.
Valve has a weird mixture of great and terrible development practices. It's truly odd to me (as someone doing software dev for a living).

Definitely no surprise from Adnrew23 joining the anti-Nereida bandwagon with yet another factory-canned zero-contribution clueless statement, oblivious to the fact that I meant for the thread to reflect that the "review" is about a game in Early Access, while throwing some scorn along the way to the fact that an Early Access game gets a "review", which in my opinion is a joke.
You: "Here's my irrational, ill-informed and just flat-out wrong opinion about early access reviews!"
Others: "Yeah, that's not how it works…."
You: "I'm being piled on!"

All that's missing now is you screeching "misoginy!" and you'll have become that meme.

Also "oblivious to the fact"… right, as if you didn't just make that up in hindsight to give that rant about early access reviews of yours some legitimacy.

But by all means, hate on, please. That will make the mediocre games you love better, and my opinion about them more favourable.
What are you even on about? How many unrelated things do you want to drag in here?
That victim mode comment was really on point, huh?

If this is about this particular game, I agree it looks super mediocre.
Watched some streamers play it and basically agree with @BlackVoid; from what I've seen.
Not surprised at all Mack likes it, as this kind of very-easy-and-very-grindy gameplay mixed with a nice atmosphere is totally his thing.

Actual footage of the PB circlejerk council in session as they slowly age out of the world they don't belong to anymore:

giphy.gif

You: "Here's my irrational, ill-informed and just flat-out wrong opinion about early access reviews!"
Others: "Yeah, that's not how it works."
You: "I'm being piled on!"

All that's missing now is you screeching "misoginy!" and you'll have become that meme.
Putting words in her mouth and then starting getting worked up about some woman focussing on how she is being treated by men.
You are the one who is having difficulty to just focus on what she is saying. You are the one acting irrational; fighting some strawwoman.

Her being a woman had nothing to do with the contents of her post. But apparently everything with the way you judge it.

I advise you to not continue on this sexist road. I want women to be judged for what they say. Not because of their sex. Don't start dragging it into an argument of yours if you apparently have no better arguments left.
Moderators, and the site's team, do not want female members to have to hide behind a male alias in order to be treated the same way as men are.

Just a usual week on RPGWatch Drithius. Usually certain members can't get along. It's fine to have a negative opinion others don't like, but lay off personal attacks.

@Eye you got my +1 back.

More like a standard progression of every single gaming thread on here. One or two posts on-topic, the others random drivel and response to said random drivel.

Talk about missing the point of TheSHEEEP's comment, but that seems to be the usual lately.

Of course it wouldn't be complete without the follow-up from our resident bootlicker.

Back
Top Bottom