Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Outlook

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Techradar thinks Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader could be a good RPG:

It's about time we got a Warhammer 40K RPG - let's hope Rogue Trader lives up to its potential

The auspex has picked up something wonderful

A Space Marine, Aeldari and Sister of Battle fighting waves of Drukhari in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

A Warhammer 40K RPG is finally here, as Owlcat Games has revealed Rogue Trader.

Announced during the Warhammer Skulls showcase event, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader is billed as a classic roleplaying game with turn-based combat. It'll be the first fully-fledged Warhammer 40K CRPG, and will be making its way to PC and consoles. Specific platforms and an expected launch window haven't yet been announced, but you can watch the reveal trailer below.

Developed by Owlcat Games - the studio behind the well-received Pathfinder CRPGs - Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader looks to draw heavily from the roleplaying video games of the '90s. Placed in the titular role, you'll oversee your own interstellar merchant empire and scout the fringes of the uncharted Koronus Expanse under the auspices of the godlike Emperor of Man.

[...]
More information.

Mortismal Gaming also posted another video but I know some hate his recent videos.

Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader - Owlcat's Next Adventure

How so?

I didn't really notice much of a change in his videos.
Me neither but others claim the quality of his videos has lowered.

@Redglyph no offense intended but I'll re-post your comment from the other thread.
Yeah, I saw it the other day, don't expect any information from it. He's not very well informed as usual, or maybe this time it was a tongue-in-cheek video, just for the fun of it since it was his birthday.

I can't stand that youtuber anymore, the quality has dropped since he's mass-producing. He can't speak properly and doesn't prepare his text to overcome this, he repeats himself a lot, is often badly informed, the video rarely illustrates what he's currently talking about, and in his reviews he's obsessed with the combat mechanics of a game and barely mentions other topics. The only interesting videos are about that, game mechanics, it's his specialty and he should stick to that.

Drukhari = Dark Eldar (bad guys in the game)
They hyperjump way faster than puny humans.
forsaken and corrupt Aeldari kindred, the sadistic, malicious counterparts of the Asuryani. Like their cousins of the craftworlds, the Drukhari are an ancient and highly advanced alien race of fey humanoids.

I was much more hyped by Rebel Galaxy Outlaw , as I found the heroine more fun. But Rebel Galaxy turned out to be not as good as its predecessor. Maybe Rogue Trader will be better?

I wonder whether this is going to be based on the Warhammer 40K role playing system? (I.e. 9 stats and percentile dice.) Or will it be a Pathfinder port?

What is with this Warhammer obsession lately? Pfft
How dare you...some of us are tired of mediocre ARPGs, FPS, and tactical games.:biggrin:

Just kidding there actually are some very good strategy games but rarely any good RPGs. Last Hack and slash RPG I played was Chaosbane, but in the fantasy setting.

I wonder whether this is going to be based on the Warhammer 40K role playing system? (I.e. 9 stats and percentile dice.) Or will it be a Pathfinder port?

Well, I sure as shit hope it is based on the TTRPG. Certainly don't want to play WH40k ported to Pathfinder.

Well, I sure as shit hope it is based on the TTRPG. Certainly don't want to play WH40k ported to Pathfinder.

According to a developer twitter post D100 based on the Rogue Trader TTRPG.

Another Mortismal Gaming video on the game this week.

Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader - Release Date Speculation

With the help of a public statement by an Owlcat CM we make some informed guesses about when we might see Rogue Trader's release date!

Back
Top Bottom