Pricewatch!

I thought, after much deliberation , that I would give the Epic Games Store a try. Mainly, to be honest, for a crack at the free games. (Probably like most of the users ). However, having looked at the "Sign in by Steam account" - which looks a bit too keen on syphoning my STEAM data - followed by "Sign in by Google" - which refuses to work because of my browser's cooky settings - I gave up. EPIC fail, as far as I'm concerned. I prefer my privacy.

I thought, after much deliberation , that I would give the Epic Games Store a try. Mainly, to be honest, for a crack at the free games. (Probably like most of the users ). However, having looked at the "Sign in by Steam account" - which looks a bit too keen on syphoning my STEAM data - followed by "Sign in by Google" - which refuses to work because of my browser's cooky settings - I gave up. EPIC fail, as far as I'm concerned. I prefer my privacy.

Eh? You don't have to do either of those things. You can just create an account with your email address and a password, or at least that's what I did.

I highly recommend creating an Epic account as per what JDR13 said. The google sign in worked fine for me though. EGS is great. I have 203 games in my account and only one of them I have actually "purchased" - Phoenix Point (which I got from the KS).

A big chunk of those games are big name games as well i.e. GTA5, Alien Isolation, All the Bioshock games, KcD, the first 2 metro games, mutant year zero, Pathfinder Kingmaker, Pillars of Eternity, Prey, all the shadowrun games, 3 of the recent tomb raider games, Battlefront II, Subnautica, Wolf among us, Thimbleweed park, Long Dark, Total War Warhammer, Tyranny, watch dogs 1/2, xcom 2, Wolfenstein etc etc.

To be honest if you are not a hardcore gamer there is probably enough free games to keep you going for 4-5 years of playing.

You should be able to sign in using email too.

EDIT sorry JDR said it already

@JDR13; and @bjon045; and @Pladio;. ...............oops... Thanks for the pointer fellas. My mistake. Was basiclly trying to login rather that enroll.......:roll:

This month's Humble Choice includes Gamedec. Also Star Wars Squadrons, Phoenix Point, Call of the Sea, et. al. Not a bad bundle.

This month's Humble Choice includes Gamedec. Also Star Wars Squadrons, Phoenix Point, Call of the Sea, et. al. Not a bad bundle.

I was tempted, esp because SW: Squadrons looks like it could be fun, but then I noticed it required Origin, so nope.

I was tempted, esp because SW: Squadrons looks like it could be fun, but then I noticed it required Origin, so nope.
I had Origin before Steam for Need For Speed and Dragon Age so although I prefer Steam Origin isn't a deal-breaker for me. Besides everything else is Steam and I was most interested in Gamedec and Call of the Sea anyway.

There's a Fanatical Bundle (Nemesis Bundle XI) with Everquest and its DLCs on the second tier. Is this game any good?

There's a Fanatical Bundle (Nemesis Bundle XI) with Everquest and its DLCs on the second tier. Is this game any good?

You mean Everspace. It's a roguelike space shooter with procedurally generated levels.

You'd probably be more interested in the sequel which is an RPG. I've played the demo, and it seems like it's shaping up to be really good.

You mean Everspace. It's a roguelike space shooter with procedurally generated levels.

You'd probably be more interested in the sequel which is an RPG. I've played the demo, and it seems like it's shaping up to be really good.

Oh yes, I meant Everspace! I mistakenly typed another game's name. My bad! :)

Thank you for your answer! I probably will save few bucks this time :)

I see 2 Monster Hunter games discounted on steam per 50 % (okay, one is actually 49 % ... ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom